Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Ullr Tips?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » Ullr Tips? 13 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Salehaza » July 12, 2015 6:59pm | Report
So. I've been playing Ullr Religiously for ADC.. im working my way towards lvl 30 for ranked.. i hit like 90% of my axe throws and maybe 70% of my Bow-3. In most early games... Outpoking and Outwarding your opponent seems to win your lane most times.

Im running with a good buddy who plays an athena pure tank build.

I run deaths toll > transcendance > Asi > Ninja Tabi > Typical ADC Stuff

We had alot of success in early games. But as time went on. Im realizing i have a huge gaping weakness towards ADC+Support Combo's with huge utli burst damage and CC. Beads can't really negate the ridiculous damage and Aegis would lock me in place too long to avoid death...

An example would be bachus and Cupid.. Huge ability based damage that gives a huge early game boost... and once they get their ulti's at level 5. Im pretty much dead. Plus Bachus's passive, makes him invincible to me until i'm full built... Bachus alone can knock away 60% of your hp at that level because of a really stupid Flat magic damage boost from his drunk passive.

Just wondering how to handle the early game with ullr.

Are you forced to engage before level 5?. Or is the Athena Tank support not a good compliment?. Should i run with someone like Ymir?, who also gets pretty good early game damage?

I feel like if i don't get ahead immediately, Im stuck under tower for a very long time.

Salehaza

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ThePerfectPrism » July 12, 2015 10:53pm | Report
Ullr has a hard time with the current meta. He's EXTREMELY late-game hunter. Not like Xbalanque, but close.

The Devourer's Gauntlet build will give you more damage to get though the hard mid game.

IMO, you shouldn't build Ninja Tabi on Ullr, since he's known for he's snipes and arrows 2 DA FACE.

So yeah... That's all I can give you. You're kind of out-of-luck. FemFatalis Plays Ullr ADC amazingly, but she went on a trip and she can't access the site. She'll only be back August 10th, If I'm not mistaken
Signature by Stuke99, check out his Website Portfolio and his SmiteFire Profile!

ThePerfectPrism
<Mage Master>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (56)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » July 13, 2015 4:28am | Report
the point about boots is right ullr is a more ability based hunter especcially in the early game. Also would i recommend you to get your boots before asi (as second big item) or get at least a tier in it. this way you have a bit more movementspeed.

Also in that combo if you see Bacchus initiating you should just jump away asap or throw a stun right in his face and then jump.

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Diomedes232 » July 13, 2015 6:08am | Report
I think I can help here, I am diamond in Ullr. The biggest thing I can say about Ullr is that a lot of the tricks from playing him is the knowledge that you can almost always disengage from a fight with your jump and you should do that often as even if they hard push the wave you can almost one shot the wave with your abilities. Another thing to keep in mind is that you can out poke almost any God in this game with your high damaging hail of arrows. In lane he pairs best with a good Sobek. The reason for this is that pre level 5 he can sickening strike the wave you use your bladed arrow to finish off the wave almost completely. Then he would pull there carry into your creep wave followed immediately by a throwing axe stun hail of arrows but you want to try to hit both the carry and the enemy melee creeps to finish them off so that your minions will start attacking as well. If you do this and Sobek is ready to use his tail whip to prevent escape there is almost no way for an enemy carry to survive the 2 exceptions being hou yi and neith and if you follow by using your jump you can still catch them and kill them. That and mid game your 1-4-3-1 combo will take out half of an enemy mid or adc's life. Ullr also works well with a Ymir or syllvanus, works okay with Athena Fenrir Bachus and almost any other support.

Diomedes232

Remarkable (6)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Diomedes232 » July 13, 2015 7:31am | Report
I however believe in the current meta that the best place for Ullr is in the solo lane. The reasoning behind that being that Ullr has some of the best scaling of most hunters has crazy good wave clear. Is even safer because solo lane is shorter and easier to escape bad situations. This coupled with the fact that because he gets 25% bonus attack speed in bow stance and better farm time so you can stack a Transendence and devoures gloves (benefitting his very high ability damage scaling). Oh and with the blue buff and a charged Morningstar you can use your abilities every time they are available and not run out of mana until you have 1400 gold for trancendence. That and he is a direct counter to Neith restricted only by the amount of mana he has. Ullr feels almost designed for solo lane in the current meta as mid game be can out rotate almost anyone save for Athena between his jump and invigorate.

Diomedes232

Remarkable (6)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by cooliothex » July 13, 2015 8:23am | Report

Ullr has a hard time with the current meta. He's EXTREMELY late-game hunter. Not like Xbalanque, but close.

The Devourer's Gauntlet build will give you more damage to get though the hard mid game.

I don't think this is true. Ull actually has a pretty fantastic early game compared to someone like xbal. If you're only putting points into your 1 and 3 like most of the pros do your early game ability burst is insane. That combined with your free poke and safety with the jump makes ull one of the best early game hunters.

Also, if you're gonna build into transcendence I wouldn't bother with the deaths toll. I'd just grab tier 2 (charged morningstar?) and some pots to replace the deaths toll sustain. The choice between boots and asi is a tossup, I think you can get away with the asi if you play smart and don't waste your jump.

cooliothex

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Diomedes232 » July 13, 2015 9:16am | Report
I would argue that there isn't a point in time in the game where Ullr is at a significant disadvantage to anyone in that he has one of the most easily utilized hunter stuns a strong burst an escape built in attack speed and lifesteal buffs a strong power steroid and an often under utilized movement speed buff 40% being more than the melee range movement speed penalty meaning you can use that to effectively chase and land basic attacks on a fleeing opponent at the same time. Ullr is just always relevant and can almost always outbox anyone at whatever point in the game if built correctly.

Diomedes232

Remarkable (6)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Salehaza » July 13, 2015 11:18pm | Report
i see what your all saying. i feel that warrior tabi is more of a early game benefit to his high dmg skill shots coupled with the huge mana pool/dmg from transcendance. it will help his clear and greatly effect his dmg on his 3... however.. the damage from your skills falls off over time and after stacking crit, you want the att speed... so maybe after i get deathbringer ill sell the warrior boots for ninja tabi.. ill lose a bit of gold but by endgame, it should make a huge difference.

I can use the warrior boots as my 2nd item to really poke hard and outclear and scare them away, leaving them open to ganks or forcing early backs.. although against comps with higher sustain. i might need to adjust that.... aphrodite comes to mind. thoughts?

Salehaza

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Diomedes232 » July 14, 2015 5:16am | Report
Aphrodite isn't an actual support but she is a great solo lanes depending on the meta. She has a stun and damage steroid that pairs up with you. She isn't terribly good in the solo atm because she won't get her blue buff as invades are really strong in the current meta. But support Aphro at a competitive level is not a good option as she does not have strong enough Aoe cc or early kill potential. The early kill potential is the only thing that makes a Fenrir or Ne zha support actually work is to put there support and carry behind. That being said the fact that you can literally have Fenrir play any role speaks so much about how strong his kit really is.

Diomedes232

Remarkable (6)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » July 14, 2015 11:01am | Report
Diomedes232 wrote:

Aphrodite isn't an actual support but she is a great solo lanes depending on the meta. She has a stun and damage steroid that pairs up with you. She isn't terribly good in the solo atm because she won't get her blue buff as invades are really strong in the current meta. But support Aphro at a competitive level is not a good option as she does not have strong enough Aoe cc or early kill potential. The early kill potential is the only thing that makes a Fenrir or Ne zha support actually work is to put there support and carry behind. That being said the fact that you can literally have Fenrir play any role speaks so much about how strong his kit really is.

Dio draft something cc heavy for solo and aphro support can easily work (for late game)

also on drafts not every draft needs to be super kill focussed. an aphro support is more focussed on absurd outsustaining or/and an enormous ability to push the lane getting the other team into their tower. you won't get a good advantage by kills but if played right you can force them to back missing some xp for them or you can push them under the tower and give them a harder time with getting LH (you can even easily tank some basic attack damage from the hunter to let him miss the LH)

Also don't underestimate the damage boost of her 1 the stun may be short but can give you enough time to back off someone back to your hunter who will continue to hit him with an damage increase.

(also dio IMO Aphro was HR try at a support healing mage as her whole kit depends on the Kiss link)

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }