Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

quins blades vs sais

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » quins blades vs sais 7 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Aerodramatic » December 6, 2013 4:31am | Report
On which gods and against what gods should you use quins blades and vs who quins sais?
Thanks for all responses
Favourite Gods:
Loki, Fenrir, Tyr, Xbalanque
Favourite roles:
Jungle, fed Adc

Aerodramatic

Notable (1)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Ghraf » December 6, 2013 5:50am | Report
Personally, I go for the sais on assassins and ADCs and blades on bruisers. Usually as assassins your abilities will knock off a massive chunk of health right from the get-go (like Assassinate on Loki or Brutalize on Fenrir), so by the time you're having to land basic attacks you'll be getting a huge advantage from the bonus. As ADC, you'll tend to be hitting gods that have already lost a lot of health to ganks or during the teamfight, so you'll get more of an advantage there as well.

On bruisers, it's likely you're not finishing off enemies or fully taking them down alone (if you're initiating teamfights), so I tend to go with the blades since I'd be more likely to hit a god with full or nearly full health than a god nearly dead.

Ghraf

Memorable (13)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BestMinionEver » December 6, 2013 6:22am | Report
sais is better on most gods really, there are a few scenarios where blades could be better, but even then the difference is so minimal that unless you really really do the math on it and see exactly how you should be using auto attacks (how many you have to do to targets with full health, how much health the target have to have, how much pen and protections etc to get an exact number on it) you have to do to get more out of them.

So unless you want to do a ton of calculations I would say just go with the sais :P

To get much out of the blades you need a god that focuses on auto attacking from the start of engagements, so gods like Bakasura and Artemis etc. but even on those I would say sais is better just because the shred someone down to where the sais are better so fast and sais is much better for finishing ppl off :)
IGN: Marki

Jungle & Support main.

Casually tryharding ranked now and again.

Make fun of my bad plays on Twitch ;)
Is only pixels, why you haf to be mad?

BestMinionEver
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (69)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » December 7, 2013 9:49pm | Report

sais is better on most gods really, there are a few scenarios where blades could be better, but even then the difference is so minimal that unless you really really do the math on it and see exactly how you should be using auto attacks (how many you have to do to targets with full health, how much health the target have to have, how much pen and protections etc to get an exact number on it) you have to do to get more out of them.

So unless you want to do a ton of calculations I would say just go with the sais :P

To get much out of the blades you need a god that focuses on auto attacking from the start of engagements, so gods like Bakasura and Artemis etc. but even on those I would say sais is better just because the shred someone down to where the sais are better so fast and sais is much better for finishing ppl off :)

Sais are also good people players aren't used to an attack dealing more damage as their health gets low. They tend to underestimate you and stick around in fights, and Sais is also good for opportunistic kills. Seals the deal for me.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BestMinionEver » December 8, 2013 4:49am | Report
Yeah, like blades might give you more overall damage. But sais will always give you higher burst damage when you need to finish someone off, which is a pretty big deal :)
IGN: Marki

Jungle & Support main.

Casually tryharding ranked now and again.

Make fun of my bad plays on Twitch ;)
Is only pixels, why you haf to be mad?

BestMinionEver
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (69)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » December 8, 2013 4:53am | Report
Subzero008 wrote:

Sais are also good people players aren't used to an attack dealing more damage as their health gets low. They tend to underestimate you and stick around in fights, and Sais is also good for opportunistic kills. Seals the deal for me.

Was I high when I wrote this? "Sais are also good people players." What the ****?

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Ghraf » December 8, 2013 5:00pm | Report
Subzero008 wrote:

Was I high when I wrote this? "Sais are also good people players." What the ****?

Sais are really good people.

Ghraf

Memorable (13)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }