Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Malice > Deathbringer on assassins

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » Malice > Deathbringer on assassins 9 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Greenevers » September 23, 2015 10:25pm | Report
With the recent nerf of Deathbringer's passive - crits deal 40% extra damage rather than 50%, Malice is the better item of the two on assassins who used to rely on Deathbringer as that third or last item. Gods like Hun Batz, Serqet, Ne Zha, Ratatoskr, and Mercury will benefit from getting Malice instead of Deathbringer. Of course, those gods who would've gotten both will still get both but just Malice first. i.e., Serqet and Mercury. Others can build double crit too but those pretty much always build into double crit. Then there's assassins that can build into crit situationally like Fenrir, Awilix, and Thanatos who will either pick up Rage or Malice depending on how much time they plan to stay auto'ing and how tanky they are.

Hunters will stay the same because late game they end up hitting crits every other auto. So, the Deathbringer nerf didn't affect the hunters too much except for their late game damage by a small bit.

KrettCalc 2.0 for reference!

Opinions?

Greenevers
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Zilby » September 24, 2015 2:40pm | Report
Personally I think the crit nerf is probably a good thing because it may help open avenues into building other types of items instead (obviously it's not a big enough nerf that this will be the standard on hunters, but it may help with the aid of other item changes). I will admit though that Ne Zha and Mercury probably don't need the nerf :/
Smite Account: Zilby__________Steam Account: Zilby
Blizzard: Zilby#11991_________Twitch: TheZilb

I am the most foul, cruel and bad tempered rodent you've ever set eyes upon!.. Oh, her? Yes, well... she's with me.

Feel free to PM me with any questions or comments. I can offer feedback on gameplay and BBcoding tips, as well as moderation help if needed.

Zilby
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (132)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BestMinionEver » September 26, 2015 3:21am | Report
I still think Ne Zha needs the DB passive on her ult.
IGN: Marki

Jungle & Support main.

Casually tryharding ranked now and again.

Make fun of my bad plays on Twitch ;)
Is only pixels, why you haf to be mad?

BestMinionEver
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (69)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Diomedes232 » October 5, 2015 8:51am | Report
I completely agree with everything said previously except for Mercury, he will scale better with DB as malice scales off physical power while DB scales off of the individual basic attack. So Mercedes passive in the movement portion gives more power to the initial basic attack which is only further scaled up by the DB while malice is the same damage proc. So while you do get both for the made you look poke DB is a better first pick up in my mind.

Diomedes232

Remarkable (6)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BestMinionEver » October 8, 2015 11:46pm | Report
Merc needs rage as well so you want DB.

But on gods you don't go rage on malice is first priority I would say. You can still go Malice and DB though. On hun batz for example.
IGN: Marki

Jungle & Support main.

Casually tryharding ranked now and again.

Make fun of my bad plays on Twitch ;)
Is only pixels, why you haf to be mad?

BestMinionEver
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (69)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Zilby » October 9, 2015 2:04am | Report
@Diomedes
"mercedes"

I am the most foul, cruel and bad tempered rodent you've ever set eyes upon!.. Oh, her? Yes, well... she's with me.

Feel free to PM me with any questions or comments. I can offer feedback on gameplay and BBcoding tips, as well as moderation help if needed.

Zilby
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (132)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Diomedes232 » October 24, 2015 1:36pm | Report
hahahahaha i just caught that

Diomedes232

Remarkable (6)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Zilby » October 24, 2015 2:27pm | Report
;]

Zilby
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (132)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Greenevers » October 24, 2015 2:46pm | Report
I get Malice > Rage on Mercury. And Malice generally first. You're not auto-attacking 6 or 7 times. Boom boom ded! Malice is better for early game poke as well. Krett goes with Malice and Deathbringer. Even uh Weak3n would take Malice > Rage way back.

Ne Zha and actually even Hun Batz need Deathbringer third item because it's tied in their kit. Serqet can crit on Deathbane but she has no crit damage to build upon like Hun Batz' passive or Ne Zha's ult and 2.

Greenevers
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }