Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

How to deal with Chaac as a mage?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » How to deal with Chaac as a mage? 10 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Kaishinamon » December 24, 2013 8:21am | Report
I am having a lot of trouble with Chaac in the solo lane, i usually use Hel in the solo lane and she has such a weak early game, Chaac is destroying me and i can't counter him at all. On all mages i have trouble with him unless im Ao Kuang where i wave clear and sit under my tower.

Chaac 1 hits me for 1/3 hp and has such a huge active area, then i can't press forward or risk him moving behind me, his 2 has such a huge area too. I've not seen a melee character who can zone this well.

I get that i can't kill him i'm fine with that, but i am not able to contest anything with a mage.

So far i've been sitting under my tower taking the gold loss not to feed, waiting for the jungler.

Kaishinamon

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Ghraf » December 24, 2013 11:29am | Report
Chaac is pretty much broken at the moment. His 1 is far too strong and easy to land. You will not be able to counter him with a squishy mage that has to get in close. All I can suggest is picking a bruiser for solo lane and only maging in mid or support.

Ghraf

Memorable (13)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Kaishinamon » December 24, 2013 1:53pm | Report
Ah thought as much, so unless im mid i'll use herc to counter.

Ha i went Chaac solo and faced Chaac he is soooo powerful, takes hardly any damage even with heal off and hurts soooo much. I beat the other Chaac, he definitely needs some balancing.

Kaishinamon

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by James1613 » December 25, 2013 1:35pm | Report
Only way to counter Chaac is to gank him. He will win most 1 v 1

James1613

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Kaishinamon » December 26, 2013 4:41am | Report
Even 2 vs 1 me and a jungler can't kill him. When i was on him i was ganked 2 vs 1 they couldn't take me down either and i started hurting them so much they ran off, it took 3 of them when i over extended to take me down. He is just too strong XD

Kaishinamon

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » December 26, 2013 5:02am | Report
A lot of this will seem common sense and/or hard to execute without saying "yeah but how?", but there's a few general tips against his playstyle.

First, stay very far away to force him to use his 1+2 combo to initiate. This, however, leaves his axe traveling VERY slowly through the air. If you're near his max range for the throw, you'll be able to entirely avoid it.

Second, get an aegis. His ult is very very slow animation wise, so you can completely avoid the damage very easily.

Third, he's not auto attack based in the least; Midguardian Mail and Hide of the Nemean Lion do not work against him. Consider Breastplate of Valor or Ethereal Staff.

Combat Blink ruins him - he has one gap closer, and only one gap closer. If you create distance after he teleports to his axe, he has nothing to fight you. You can easily kill him.

Otherwise, there's not much playstyle-wise to fight against him. All of his abilities are very big AoE's that are simple to land close up - literally EVERY spell is AoE. Everything that's a valid strategy against him involves god select - select a god with a cripple, select a god with a dash, etc. My suggestion is, as a mage, play people like Poseidon and Agni until he gets the nerf bat.
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Gaarthar » December 26, 2013 7:43am | Report
his axe hits you even if you leave the area before the projectile arrives , he can heal , he can slow , he can silence + he has CC and damage immunity , he can teleport/jump and has a free spell every 5 auto-attacks. And all of this is AoE.

if thats not broken op , then i dk.

Gaarthar

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Firraria » December 26, 2013 10:44am | Report
I beat Chaac in solo lane as Chang'e. I usually just clear the wave, wait for him to throw his ax, dodge it, and then go ham on him.

Firraria
<Skullcracker>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (58)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by alphacar » December 27, 2013 9:49pm | Report
His ax is probably is main way of attacking. I think you should clear your wave first and wait for him to throw that ax. Once that happens you should wait for the dash and CC him or give him all you got.

alphacar

Memorable (13)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by DrLadyfingersMD » January 3, 2014 11:21pm | Report
I think that a better name for this post should be "Finally, a god that can beat Hel".

Chaac has a very strong early game, but it's also very easy to avoid his damage. What you want to do is force him to either poke you, or push the wave. This becomes more difficult the more AoE abilities a god has, but you can either
1. Let him push the wave, then clear it yourself
2. Push up to his tower, and place yourself in the middle of his minions. That way, he has to choose between clearing the wave or harassing you.
I play Smite. I like Smite. I like to think I'm relatively good at Smite.

DrLadyfingersMD

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }