Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

How good is Janus as jungler?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » How good is Janus as jungler? 7 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Revenant7755 » January 17, 2020 3:47pm | Report
I feel that he has good potential in the role but I'm not certain.

Revenant7755

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » January 17, 2020 4:07pm | Report
Not my preference. Although he's got great mobility, I just don't see him as being the best ganker. Outside of his 1/2 combo he doesn't have a lot of burst, and once those are down, he's got nothing. Instead, I really think his place is just Mid...and he can use that ult to move from mid fairly quickly to nearby jungle areas, or as far as one of the other lanes...and if he can join in with the jungler in a gank, great.
Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (394)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Revenant7755 » January 17, 2020 5:11pm | Report
Ok thanks.

Revenant7755

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Kriega1 » January 18, 2020 2:26am | Report
He is viable as a jungler but I don't recommend playing him there.

Kriega1

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (143)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » January 20, 2020 3:15am | Report
Gonna agree with Bran he pretty much only has his 1-2 combo and if you use it to pop from a wall you only have your 2. Also most magical junglers do struggle a little bit with early clear IMO (because of how reliant you are on basic attacks during that time or you're gonna run out of mana quickly).

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Kriega1 » January 20, 2020 4:28am | Report
Devampi wrote:

Gonna agree with Bran he pretty much only has his 1-2 combo and if you use it to pop from a wall you only have your 2.

We forgetting his ult?

Kriega1

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (143)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » January 20, 2020 5:25am | Report
Mobility wise good point: saves you from needing to use portal to get through a wall while ganking, however that is only ever ~2 minutes, it can give the gank away if used from to far and overall (unless from point blank) hard to hit.

from a ganking viewpoint in most cases you won't have it up as much. It does make a significant difference in threat if you have it up, however this counts for most junglers. However they are not as reliant on their combo as janus 1-2, mostly caused by their gap closers or easier to hit abilities if you ask me.

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }