Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

How do I counter this physical build

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » How do I counter this physical build 5 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Booker545 » July 16, 2015 5:03am | Report
I was playing as Artemis and was playing with fairly weak teammates the 3 of them went a combined 3 kills and 30 deaths. I usually can carry with my Artemis but ran into this Sylvanis that built specifically to fight and beat me since I was only one on my team doing anything.

His build was as followed:
Breastplate of Valor
Hide of Nemean
Midgardian Mail
Mystic Mail
Spirit Robe
Runeforged Hammer

As you can see he went pretty much straight physical build. I destroyed his teammates if he wasnt there but when he got there I was useless.

My question is how do I counter a straight physical build?
I am still learning all the items but am pretty good normally in smite.

My Artemis Build was:
Asi
Executioner
Warrior Tabi
Brawlers Beatstick
Rage
Deathbringer

Like I said normally do very well with Artemis but my team was awful and I couldnt do anything to this guy. Any thoughts or suggestions will be appreciated.

Booker545

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Booker545 » July 16, 2015 5:38am | Report
Just realized I said I was going against Sylvanis, I was actually going against Geb.

The build was correct but it was Geb.

Booker545

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Zilby » July 16, 2015 5:56am | Report
you need a bigger power base, most would choose Transcendence or Devourer's Gauntlet as an early game item so that their late game as an ADC is stronger (this would replace Brawler's Beat Stick.

Also, he can't have built Runeforged Hammer since that item gives physical power and he deals magical damage.

However, in general it's no one person's job to carry a game. Your teammates will need to help you if you're up against someone who's counterbuilt you that much.
Smite Account: Zilby__________Steam Account: Zilby
Blizzard: Zilby#11991_________Twitch: TheZilb

I am the most foul, cruel and bad tempered rodent you've ever set eyes upon!.. Oh, her? Yes, well... she's with me.

Feel free to PM me with any questions or comments. I can offer feedback on gameplay and BBcoding tips, as well as moderation help if needed.

Zilby
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (132)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Booker545 » July 16, 2015 6:39am | Report
Thought that was the 6th item must have been mistaken though, sorry.

My question is with Devourer"s Gauntlet, im not a fan, but how would 15 extra attack power help me? The lifesteal is nice but with the added lifesteal I lose 20 penetration

The Transcendence is interesting will have to look into putting in one of my builds.

My typical build for Artemis is:
Asi
Executioner
Warrior Tabi
Rage
Deathbringer
Then the 6th item I will rotate between Malice (if they dont have defense), Devourer's Gauntlet (Depending on the opposing teams gods), or Brawler's Beatstick (When I need Pen.) I will also sub a few other items here and there but thats the main builds

I do very well with this build but not encountered someone that went that physical defense with their build before.

Sounds like their really isn't anything you can do from what you said with someone built like that

Booker545

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Diomedes232 » July 16, 2015 9:32am | Report
Dev gloves when fully stacked give a solid chunk of physical power and a lot of lifesteal. It's also very cheap meaning you benefit most from building it as a first item so that you can stack it by midgame then you want to build the warrior tank on Art as she has a very strong AS steroid so you want to build the power boots so you don't overcap attack speed by much. Then you build ichaival as in combat it gives you 30 physical power and it takes 30 away from your opponent. That and it's cheap as hell so you get a lot of bang for your buck. Once you build that item if your ahead of your opponent you should be looking to box him whenever possible as your attacks will hit for 60 more damage then his as you hit 30 harder and he hits 30 weaker. Then you should get executioner to start shredding bruisers and tanks. Then rage and deathbringer. Then you want to sell ichaival and buy either a brawlers or a malice.

Interestingly enough Geb is a direct counter to Art as arts damage all through the game is dependent on crits and Geb takes less critical damage so even though it's not as good as it used to be the unicorn build does have a better dps against both Geb and hou yi. Just go attack speed boots cause no pen boots and switch asi for executioner. It's not so great on Art but on Anhur and Neith and Medusa and Ullr it is pretty great as it makes your abilities chunk people hard.

Diomedes232

Remarkable (6)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }