Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Best Team Composition

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » Best Team Composition 8 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » December 10, 2013 5:30pm | Report
So I seem to be on a roll with threads that inspire a lot of conversation, so in the light of recent threads talking about high rated league, I figure I'd talk about the best team composition.

What are your favorite compositions, and how do they function? Arena, Conquest, doesn't matter.
E.G. Thor, athena, apollo, x, x, splitpush global ult comp.
or zeus, ares, odin, hun batz, cupid AoE comp.

What's your favorite comp, if you could have every god you wanted without them being banned or picked? Keep in mind they should prosper in both teamfights and laning phase to be a truly successful 'Best Team Composition'
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TormentedTurnip » December 10, 2013 5:39pm | Report
While Ares I horrible in Arena League as the tank, I absolutely love him as an off-tank. He puts out ton of damage and forces the enemy team to spend their actives on Beads and Aegis. This means that they won't be able to purchase Weakening Curse, which is a huge bane to me as a support player. I think Ymir goes well with him because Ymir has excellent peels and initiation, and makes it easy for Ares to land his chains. Throw a Chang'e in there too, and they really can't deal with all the overwhelming ultmates. Would need the other two gods to be physical, though, and you could argue that the magic burst damage is low.

TormentedTurnip
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Esteemed (96)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by UnknownPandr » December 10, 2013 7:03pm | Report
Man, back in the old days of smite me and my friend use to run double pull lane ether Spider and Ares or Sobek and Spider. It was just so fun to get people half from down the lane to the tower. xD

UnknownPandr

Prominent (35)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » December 10, 2013 7:15pm | Report
I'm personally a fan of a very, very balanced team composition.
Poseidon, Athena, Neith, Sun Wukong, and Ne Zha/ Loki.

Athena and Wukong both provide nice initiation and disruption with a very long taunt and a stun or knockup through 72 transformations. Wukong then can knock them all up to set up the rest of the group. Poseidon provides the AoE burst needed to rot people, while Neith methodically picks away at those in the front. Loki is there to mop up any low health person after being hit by the Poseidon ult. Ne Zha would also work if you fear you don't have the burst or skill, as his sustained damage is ridiculous.

In Arena, I prefer Odin, Ares, Zeus, Chronos, Loki. You have the AoE ults that wreck anyone in sight, while Chronos picks people off one by one and Loki mops up kills. Zeus pretty much has a guaranteed 1/2 health off someone no matter how quick they react, so Loki should be able to mop up very easily.
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Nex The Slayer » December 11, 2013 12:57am | Report
The most OP team I can think of:

Solo: Chang'e
Ridicules sustain
Ridicules harass
impossible to harass back
impossible to gank
Wins every teamfight with her ult

Mid: Agni
I think you all know why

Duo Lane: Anhur and Ymir
Anhur will get fed.

Jungle: Mercury
If even a little fed, will dominate everybody.
Also: "Look at this team guys. We got this!"

Edit: I find every god on the team OP. except Anhur and Ymir, but that combo is so dam good!

Nex The Slayer

Prominent (37)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » December 11, 2013 1:39am | Report
Solo Hercules because later on he will be useful for tower diving, Ult can wreck a team fight and bounce around in the jungle, can move people around

Mid Lane Ao Kuang because he clears waves with ease, tornado's take up a bunch of lane space and does alot of damage along with having a high burst ult that can decimate a team fight or in the jungle

Tank Duo Lane Odin You will see why I choose odin after I explain who I am picking for my team

Carry Duo Lane Anhur, because he fits into this team and I prefer him over other carries

Jungle Anubis, yes you herd me Anubis jungle is what I want on my team. His ganks are devastating and he does enough damage by himself that he almost doesn't even need your help when he ganks to get the kill, having a team mate help his gank just ensures death.

Why I chose this team

#1 Anubis will provide constant ranged CC and that is the main reason he is in this team, because he will be CCing alot of people all game, mostly when team fights start. With Anubis providing CC it lets others combo from this. Anhur can even pillar combo from this stun, hercules can 2 them, others can simply drop damage on the CC'd opponent.

#2 Odin's ult works too well with this team, hercules can throw a boulder inside while Ao and Anubis use long range skills to place down damage inside of the ult. Anhur can impale of the walls of odin's ult and anhur can even jump inside if he wants to.

#3 This team also has lane control, can cut of lanes big time and can block paths. Anubis's 3 + Ao's tornado + Anhur shifting sands = lane officially closed. Meanwhile during this shut down of the lane, hercules is out trying to 2 people, Anubis is out trying to long range CC spam, anhur is poking and odin is just waiting for his chance to be annoying and trap people.

ICEN

Prominent (41)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Thiel » December 11, 2013 2:56am | Report
ICEN wrote:

snip

Oh how I always end up discussion at least one of the things you say. :p Although your team composition works great on paper, your opposing team will counter pick the hell out of it. Depending on the course of you picking your gods I would go;

Solo: Sun Wukong
Mid:: Agni- would need combat blink, but proper focus lets him dash out of Odin's ult/threat before it lands.
Carry: Neith
Tank: Bacchus
Jungle: Probably Thor

I would bait the ultimates onto your Odin's ult and just run out, either away, or into your team to counter-engage, since Odin isn't really a threat anymore.

Your other picks and reasoning are kinda solid, other than Anubis being shut down too easily when he is counter jungled due to his lack of mobility and speed. (Assuming both teams are equally skilled). Anhur, Ao Kuang and Hercules are always fine picks.

Meeee
I would go with;

Sobek and Anhur duo lane. With a HoG on Sobek it makes early kills too damn easy, pull, stun, trap with pillar. Both also add alot of CC and initiation to roaming phase.
Ao Kuang mid. Can counter Agni altho will require boring early mid-phase. Can easily land snipes with the CC that the team has.
Mercury jungle. Will have to gank mid alot to keep Agni on it's place, his grab will ensure Ao Kuang to hit multiple ticks of his tornado or land his ultimate.
Sun Wukong solo. A lot of lane sustain with the healing from his ultimate. Good poke+minion clearance in one attack, amazing escape and initiation.
That's just my 2 cents.

Oy! Give me some privacy.

Thiel

Memorable (12)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BestMinionEver » December 11, 2013 3:15am | Report
Odin solo lane
Agni mid
Hercules jungle
Athena or Sobek support
Cupid adc

Why?

Odin has a awesome passive to invade with, so it's ez to steal the enemy blue at the start of the game (so screw you Chang'e). He is also great in teamfights (if the enemy team doesn't have a lot of jumps) and when it comes to ganking mid in the early mid game he is awesome.
Agni is just the best mid (CC, mobility and great poke), and together with Odin she can bring down so much damage if he can trap someone.
Hercules just because he got tons of CC, he has a really fast clear speed, the heal is just insane and if you go Jotunn's Wrath you can basically just spam it. With full pen build your boulder is going to wreck ppl inside Ring of Spears and as ICEN said you can tank towers all day.
Sobek and Cupid has a better laning phase than Athena and Cupid, but Athena combined with Ring of Spears is pretty wombo combo. Sobek inside odin ult is also pretty destructive.
In lane Sobek would pull someone, into a Heart Bomb where Athena would taunt into it, so basically the same thing just Charge Prey forces the target farther out of position.
Cupid is great, tons of CC (cripple for Ring of Spears, if the enemy team buys blink or got jumps).

So yeah that is my wombo combo rapesquad, it's not very effective against teams with jumps at least on the wombo combo inside Ring of Spears. But you got pulls from Sobek/ Athena and Hercules damage from Cupid, Hercules and Agni so you don't have to rely on the combo :)
IGN: Marki

Jungle & Support main.

Casually tryharding ranked now and again.

Make fun of my bad plays on Twitch ;)
Is only pixels, why you haf to be mad?

BestMinionEver
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (69)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }