Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Ao kuang Crazy build ?!

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » Ao kuang Crazy build ?! 16 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ReBorned » August 10, 2013 7:26pm | Report
So mainly i just got the idea to make a tanky mage since i play with tanks a lot so i tried this build for fun and it turned to be good when u finish it

Shoes of the magi - Gauntlet of Thebes - Warlock Sash - Etheral Staff - Rod of thauti - Book of thoth / gem of isolation
So it was a custom game that we enter with full build and lvl 20 , Ao kuang Stats reached power magical of 730 without stacks , 835 with stacks but the main power was his health as it reached 3575 with the stacks and this when i was putting book of thoth . THe main damage of this build comes from warlock + Etheral + Gauntlet And of course Rod of thauti as the other 2 items can be changed so how about trying it and give me your feed back

ReBorned

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Karmashock » August 11, 2013 2:41am | Report
That is an insane number of stacks. What's more he'd have to get the thebes late in the build or his damage would be crippled. Thebes is a pretty garbagy item. I'd suggest getting something else instead. Possibly Magi's blessing. It will give you less HP but it will also give you mana. The mana and the HP should work to give you about the same the power. Further, the passive on magi's is nice against some gods. And you'll be tankier against magic gods.

Karmashock

Remarkable (5)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Tantal » August 14, 2013 6:04am | Report
Karmashock wrote:

Possibly Magi's blessing. It will give you less HP but it will also give you mana. The mana and the HP should work to give you about the same the power. Further, the passive on magi's is nice against some gods. And you'll be tankier against magic gods.
No mana on Magi's blessing

Tantal

Notable (2)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Karmashock » August 14, 2013 8:44pm | Report
oh... they removed the mana... It used to give 200 mana.

Karmashock

Remarkable (5)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » August 14, 2013 8:56pm | Report
My friend literally uses this exact build. He gets up to around 700 MP, and he has achieved around 90 stacks commonly on Warlock's Sash, 70 on Gauntlet (gets it second), and maxes Thoth. This is in arena. It's very possible, just communicate to your team to let you get the stacks and you should be ok. You have the speed (with new squall and slither) and health to get out of usually deadly situations.
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by JararoNatsu » August 14, 2013 10:10pm | Report
Ok, let me tell you everything I see wrong with this build, as an Ao player and as someone who is currently writing a guide for him:

Shoes of the Magi is the best choice. Good there.

Guantlet of Thebes: Why would anyone consider building this item on Ao Kuang? Granted, the health is nice, but Ao doesn't need excessive amounts of health built on him. Plus, all it gives is HEALTH. It is unnecessary.

Warlock's Sash: I always build this second, followed by Book of Thoth. When I am finished with Book, Warlock's already has half of its stacks. Building Warlock's second and Book third allows a steady ramp of stats that Ao Kuang NEEDS, such as mana, AP, and some health.

Ethereal Staff: On magical tanks, I love this item. On Ao, no. Granted, it works in tandem with Guantlet of Thebes, but there are much better options.

Rod of Tahuti: I build it fifth too.

Gem of Isolation: I usually build this sixth, but I leave sixth slot for situational items.

This build might give 700 AP, yes. Mine gives closer to 850, and gives much better stats and passives that are FAR more preferrable than this one. The guide is not ready yet, but here is the build with the most common situational items: http://www.smiterepo.com/items/787079177334764176007594

Also keep in mind that Ao's passive turns 5% of his mana into AP, which stacks with Book of Thoth into 8%. As such, it is MUCH BETTER to build a lot of mana.

Check out my Artemis Guide and my Ao Kuang Guide!

JararoNatsu
<Veteran>

Distinguished (51)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » August 14, 2013 10:29pm | Report
Ethereal is not at all a bad item on Ao, it's a free 600 health that makes him tanky enough to survive...ao is the easiest to kill mage - even anubis has a stun. Ao has nothing but a speed increaser, so the health works wonders.

Even if gauntlet is absolutely wrong, Ethereal Staff is in no way bad. It gives around 70-80 MP (Around 40-52 MP from health, plus the 30 base from the item), plus 600 health to not make him one shottable. Then you add in the mana it gives to scale off your passive. You can get Breastplate of Valor to survive melees, and Void Stone or such to survive magical, but this health can save you from both.

That's my two cents, anyway.
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by UnknownPandr » August 14, 2013 11:14pm | Report
Who builds Gauntlet of Thebes?

UnknownPandr

Prominent (35)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » August 14, 2013 11:34pm | Report
UnknownPandr wrote:

Who builds Gauntlet of Thebes?

Honestly, usually only people who build Stone of Gaia and/or Ethereal Staff, as it's the only reason to have that much health. Their team also has to have mostly negatable damage in that magic protection/physical protection is barely needed, you just want a lot of health to make it hard to chunk you. Why do 400 damage (usually substantial) on a target with almost 5,000 health? (as an example)

It's very very rarely bought, and when it is, it's always the solo tank lane.
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Sunfall » August 14, 2013 11:49pm | Report
Raventhor wrote:

ao is the easiest to kill mage - even anubis has a stun. Ao has nothing but a speed increaser, so the health works wonders.

Ao can fight from a very safe distance. He shouldn't ever need to put himself close enough to the enemies that he'd be dying a lot, unless he's chasing for kills, which is something Ao is not really good at compared to other mages. He's better off sitting back, planting tornadoes in the fights and firing off his ult amidst the chaos.

If you're killing Ao Kuang easily, odds are they weren't very good and don't understand passive play and not overextending.
Waiting on a good new MOBA, please.

Sunfall
<Veteran>

Prominent (29)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }