Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Ao kuang Crazy build ?!

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » Ao kuang Crazy build ?! 16 posts - page 2 of 2
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » August 15, 2013 12:10am | Report
Sunfall wrote:

Ao can fight from a very safe distance. He shouldn't ever need to put himself close enough to the enemies that he'd be dying a lot, unless he's chasing for kills, which is something Ao is not really good at compared to other mages. He's better off sitting back, planting tornadoes in the fights and firing off his ult amidst the chaos.

If you're killing Ao Kuang easily, odds are they weren't very good and don't understand passive play and not overextending.

Only caveat I would have to this statement, is people like Tyr or Fenrir, both with nasty ults that ruin Ao's, and with many dashes/jumps following that, or Loki, who is exceptionally good at just stealthing past everyone, jumping him, and ulting for the kill. If you zone out the Ao Kuang, simply because he has to play far enough back to not be caught, to where he can't engage, you've effectively made it a 4v5 fight anyway.

Personally, playing Loki, I know most Ao's are free kills simply because there's nothing they can do at level 5 until they start itemizing around me.
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by JararoNatsu » August 15, 2013 12:27am | Report
I have to agree with Sunfall here. When it comes to Gods like Tyr, Fenrir, and Loki, sure they have the potential to destroy Ao Kuang but at the same time, a good Ao will expect anything and everything.

For instance, if I know that there is a jungler around, everytime I drop my Tornadoes on a minion wave I check the lane openings, and head closer to my tower in case anything goes wrong.

If I know there is a Loki, everytime I hear a *poof*, I prepare to drop a Tornadoes on myself.

There is always a way for Ao to prevent interaction with those Gods, it just depends on the player.

Check out my Artemis Guide and my Ao Kuang Guide!

JararoNatsu
<Veteran>

Distinguished (51)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » August 15, 2013 12:52am | Report
Not sure if that's prevention though...just kind of using your main source of damage to stop the Loki, who can in all honestly just run through it and jump you anyway.

My point was just, there's a point when you shouldn't HAVE to use skill. You should be able to itemize for survival. And for relatively new players that aren't good at escaping, the staff is not by any means a bad start. It's the easiest item to survive with if you aren't the best at positioning. You shouldn't HAVE to stand so far back just to live.
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » August 15, 2013 12:56am | Report
But in the end, everyone has their own builds, I simply ask that you agree that it *can* be built with success. This build is OBVIOUSLY not optimal - it's title is literally "crazy build"!

Everyone has their own quirks that aren't expected, and this may do well simply because people do not know how to counter an unkillable, high damage ao kuang, since they didn't know to shut down his farm phase!

All in all, I don't find it bad if people wish to try it, even if it isn't good by traditional standards :)
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BullD0G » August 16, 2013 9:09am | Report
ReBorned wrote:

So mainly i just got the idea to make a tanky mage since i play with tanks a lot so i tried this build for fun and it turned to be good when u finish it

Shoes of the magi - Gauntlet of Thebes - Warlock Sash - Etheral Staff - Rod of thauti - Book of thoth / gem of isolation
So it was a custom game that we enter with full build and lvl 20 , Ao kuang Stats reached power magical of 730 without stacks , 835 with stacks but the main power was his health as it reached 3575 with the stacks and this when i was putting book of thoth . THe main damage of this build comes from warlock + Etheral + Gauntlet And of course Rod of thauti as the other 2 items can be changed so how about trying it and give me your feed back

did you watch one of my stream? o.O i used this build in a stream except i went magi toth gaunt should throw spear in there instead of gem since his buff to his 1

BullD0G

Remarkable (8)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » August 19, 2013 4:30am | Report
Gauntlet of Thebes is pretty garbage if you are doing what I think you are doing.
It may have its place as well as the staff has its place.

But were your PURPOSELY building HP because you thought the passive from the staff would convert your HP to magic power?

Because I tested that out and I can tell you that doing that is garbage as hell.

I tried it and the power only increased by like a ****ty 10-15, and hp doesn't make you last much longer than just building 2 items with defense.

This is why its garbage based on when I was testing it.

#1 You are wasting item slots on hp when you could simply buy LESS protective items that give you MORE protections and allows you to buy MORE POWER.

#2 The power you get is only like 10-15 or around there when you convert your hp to magic power. THE EXTRA slots you have from buying 1-2 defense items allow you to BLOW THAT MAGIC POWER AWAY.

So I am saying that build is more garbage to me because why would I build a build that has less magic power and defense when you can build a build that has more protections and MORE magic power?

If I am right you built HP because you thought it would make you more tanky while the staff would give you more power since you are converting the HP.

But when I tested that out all it did was give you ****ty magic power and ****tier defense.

The HP conversion might work on gods that already have HIGH base HP stats but gods with low HP get ****py power conversion.

2 simple defense items make you last longer than 4 hp items.
Along with that, that means you have 2 extra item slots for power which you could easily buy 2 items with 100+ magical power each.

Hell lets even pretend you got 70 magical power conversion Which will never happen but even if it did 200 magical power compared to 70 still blows it away while you have more protections.

ICEN

Prominent (41)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }