Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

The current state of SmiteFire, and ways to improve the site.

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Support » The current state of SmiteFire, and ways to improve the site. 16 posts - page 2 of 2
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Setolino » January 22, 2014 12:14pm | Report
Just a small suggestion, maybe make it like on mobafire that there is a border around the guide in what league you are. idk if this would change anything, but i think the must league players actually understand the gods/meta.

Link to what i mean:

http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-legends/build/s4-leona-support-time-to-shine-370345
"Wololol" -Age of Empires

Setolino
<Godlike>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (18)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » January 22, 2014 12:19pm | Report
I don't think that would be the best idea. I know personally a friend on the website who has repeatedly proven both his theorycrafting and experience in the field, yet Smite's poor matchmaking has kept him in a relatively bad league standing. Smite's league system is still infantile, and hasn't worked out that well.

If anything, just let people who make guides try to validate themselves, but the border would immediately disregard people who haven't done ranked or aren't high, yet have absolutely impeccable reasoning behind their builds and strategies.

Also, people have expressed their disdain for guides from pros themselves on the website (I won't list anything personally, but there have been guides on here that just weren't up to par), and their ranking alone shouldn't make a guide good if you simply say "build this, I'm platinum".
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Setolino » January 22, 2014 1:54pm | Report
ye i see what you mean. Immo not the best idea then, maybe wait until league improved. Another suggestion would be that you dont have to register for vote, that would mean that there gonna be some trollvotes but that gonna be like maximal 5%.

Ofc that would also mean that unexperienced player can vote but this already is happening.
"Wololol" -Age of Empires

Setolino
<Godlike>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (18)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by arka222 » January 27, 2014 8:04pm | Report
Help needed: wats this notable and unremarkable tags on the profile all about?
Fun and Heart
IGN: arka222
Clan: ARKA GANG
Motto: Never let the team down..find a way to win..
My Guide on Vulcan
A god idea...

arka222

Memorable (12)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TormentedTurnip » January 27, 2014 8:35pm | Report
arka222 wrote:

Help needed: wats this notable and unremarkable tags on the profile all about?

When someone presses the "+rep" button, they gain one point as reputation under their avatar. When a user accumulates a single point, he or she is marked as unremarkable; when a user accumulates twenty points, he or she is marked as notable; when a user accumulates, I think, seventy-five points, he or she is marked as prominent. There is also a "renowned" rank, but I don't know how many points someone must accumulate to reach it, and nobody on Smitefire has.

Click on the picture for a full-sized image.

TormentedTurnip
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Esteemed (96)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » January 27, 2014 8:38pm | Report
It's kind of pointless - doesn't really unlock anything. But it gives you a good idea of who has garnered 'reputation' among the community, especially since 105% of people forget the button exists, and you have to be helpful or say something REALLY intellectual for people to remember it does exist. Heh.

I think the highest current member is HiFromBuddha with somewhere around 86, and I might be the next. I don't know offhand though, I could be totally wrong.
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }