Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Where did ICEN go?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Off Topic » Where did ICEN go? 20 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » January 9, 2015 7:25am | Report
Well first off if your not very smart just realize who is making this thread.....

Okay :D

I just wanted everyone to know I did not quit Smite or disappear because I know most of you are probably thinking I randomly disappeared out of the blue as I haven't been on lately.

Well since I have a XBOX ONE that is where I been but its not the regular games that I am playing...

In fact I would say there are not many games out that I even want to play besides a small few and compared to Smite I would still have more fun playing Smite than 99% of the Xbox Games.

HOWEVER there is one game I have been playing everyday and is the reason I have not been playing Smite lately, and that game is called Warframe.

Its pretty addicting like Smite but I'd say it can be almost as bad. Also keep in mind since I played Smite for so long now a new addicting game is obviously going to keep me interested, also Xbox One will have Smite soon so I am going to mess around on that for a bit but I will still be playing Smite on here once I get stop playing Warframe because right now its very addicting.

For those of you who want to know what Warframe is and why its addicting let me tell you because when I first played it I didn't understand the game thus I didn't have fun because it was very confusing but now after I am in a clan and learned all the confusing **** the game is addicting and you can easily waste your life on the game.

(I have no affiliation with Warframe I am just explaining the game because its addicting)

So in Warframe you start with your character which are called Warframes. Warframes are basically in short war suits and you can select one out of 3 Warframes to start off with, although there are more Warframes that you can unlock later on.

Like Smite Warframe is free to play but you can buy things in game just like Smite.

Each Warframe has different abilities just like Smite. In fact Warframes have 4 Abilities just like Smite which makes them different. There is no passive just 4 abilities and each Warframe has different stats, some have higher health, less shields, more speed, ect.

So each Warframe aka your character has a Primary weapon, a Secondary Weapon, a Melee weapon and 4 abilities that set it apart from other Warframes.

Now this is what makes the game so unique and addicting.

Almost everything in the game can be acquired without spending money but the way you get the items/weapons/pets/ect is very addicting.

Lets say that you want a new weapon, in order to get a new item like a weapon you first have to buy the blueprint on how to BUILD that weapon, meaning you pay with IN GAME money not real money. So first you will buy a blueprint which tells you what materials you need to have to BUILD the item you want.

Unlike other games in Warframe you have to go to planets and find the parts for the item you are trying to build, unlike other games the weapons are not just handed to you, so when you see someone with a item you know they had to work for it (Unless they paid in real money to shortcut).

After you have found all the parts needed to BUILD your item like a weapon from traveling to different planets you then have to go on your ship and BUILD it. When you build a item it can take 7 hours to 2 days or more. That is what makes Warframe addicting, you travel to different planets looking for parts so that you can build these items.

Oh, and the best part is that every mission and every planet is playable in squads, so you can play with your friends or join random people. Warframe almost requires you to play with people making it that more fun and enjoyable. You can also trade items on the game and they can even trade you real life money (Meaning real life game money).

The final thing that makes Warframe fun is that they have these upgrades called "Mods".

They are found during missions and what they do is "MOD" the effects of either you Warframe, your abilities or your weapons, ect.

For Example, you might find a mod that "Changes your bullet damage to heat damage", a mod that
"Increases the duration of abilities" a mod that "gives you increased shields or fire rate".

The best part is that you can equip many mods which change your Warframe and weapons making you different than the next person playing the same exact Warframe.

It keeps you playing because everything you BUILD will take time to BUILD, some items will be don ein 5 hours, some items will take 2 days, and in the mean time you are constantly farming planets for materials so you can make new melee weapons, help your clan build a dojo for your clan or create a new warframe.

So overall

- 3rd person
- Shoot
- Melee
- Abilities
- Mods that change how your items function, how your warframe functions and how you play
- building items which takes real life time to complete
- Farming for items, searching for materials on planets to create new things
- All while playing with friends because everything is basically allowed in squads
- You can get pets that help you in battle
- Different game modes
- Tons of missions
- Trading

This game will keep you busy because you will be spending alot of time farming for materials.

So thats where I been. I probably will be playing this game for a bit before I start playing Smite again, I will probably come back and play for a bit when a new God comes out.

My Gamer Tag is : ICEN 2 OP

Here is a video showing what the game is about

ICEN

Prominent (41)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » January 9, 2015 7:29am | Report
For you LOKI Players on Smite.... there just happens to be a Warframe called Loki just for you....

ICEN

Prominent (41)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Greenevers » January 9, 2015 8:43am | Report
loooooow key

Greenevers
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BigMcGill » January 9, 2015 10:39am | Report
Sold his soul to Microsoft. Just like Garry Linekar and Kevin Bacon. It's a ******* slippery slope.

BigMcGill

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Reverend Belial » January 9, 2015 12:17pm | Report
Warframe claims yet another soul... It would be a much better game if you weren't pretty much forced into spending money to do just about anything. Also, a disclaimer to Loki players, the Loki suit is NOT AT ALL for you. Or anybody for that matter.
Chaac and Ah baby! Chaac and Ah...

Reverend Belial

Remarkable (8)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by FerrumSlash » January 9, 2015 8:00pm | Report
Looks interesting, but i don't know if it'll work on my toaster comp.

FerrumSlash
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (70)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Deathsession » January 9, 2015 8:49pm | Report
I played Warframe Really early in development.

Was pretty fun. But lost it's fun pretty quickly cuase repetitiveness, and no end-game. Although I'm sure it has improved since then. I'm willing to give it another try sometime. I'll let ya know :P

Deathsession

Established (17)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » January 10, 2015 7:37am | Report
I'm not playing it on PC, xbox = No toasters

ICEN

Prominent (41)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » January 10, 2015 8:45am | Report
I know the game and after a while it will get repetitive. Also if you want to get certain weapons etc you need to grind a lot, especially when you want weapons that needs to be researched into the clan hall (which is a lot of grinding too). And when weapons (or all clan halls) costs forma it's going to take a really long time.

Also for grinding you will mostly play defense or survival with a carrier sentinel.

ICEN wrote:

I'm not playing it on PC, xbox = No toasters

HAHAHA you are behind in patches (PC 15.9.0 PS4&Xbox1 15.5)

Also the amount of modes isn't that much. the only thing that changes between the same missions is faction but mostly difficulty.

you got:
    assassination (boss fight)
    capture (kill some targets and "capture them)
    conclave (PvP duel)
    Deception (deliver a data mass and escape)
    Defense (as the name says defend a certain structure)
    Excavation (place scanner supply it with power place drills supply them and protect them)
    Exterminate (kill all enemies on the map)
    Hijack (transport a core that drains shields to move)
    Interception (capture the zones and hold it)
    Invasion (faction wars sort of exterminate but one of the faction is your ally)
    mobile defense (same as defense but you need to protect 1 point for certain amount of time and then go to another one)
    Recovery (hidden mission when you get killed by an zanuka hunter)
    Rescue (rescue someone)
    Sabotage (destroy a core or another important thing for the faction)
    Spy (hack soem terminals and grab the data and go to the end)
    Survival (life systems turn of and you need to survive by activating life pods)

this may look like a lot but a lot of the missions are and feel the same a lot:
defense-mobile defense-interception-excavation-Hijack-some sabotages and survival (you will camp around a restorer until the life systems are to low and meanwhile kill a lot of enemies) feel the same because you need to defend something just killing enemies. best for farming

capture-deception-Exterminate-Invasion-Recovery-rescue-Sabotage-Spy feel the same. they got another objective but you need to chew through enemies and after that do objective and then escape. you always rush these.

Also wait till you hit the pay wall. because you have limited inventory space and slots cost money.

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » January 11, 2015 6:28am | Report
Um.... the game wouldn't get Repetitive unless you maxed out your Mods, Maxed out all your weapons, Maxed out your warframe/pet, and have more than 1 warframe, then it would get repetitive but up until that point its not really repetitive because you are putting new mods or getting new things constantly so it can't be that repetitive until you reach a point where you are playing with the same mods, same capacity, same maxed out weapons, same warframe.

By time you max everything out on your first warframe, maxed out your items, have a kubrow, find all the mods you want, max your mods out and everything on your 1st warframe you will move to your second warframe.

I would say 75% of players do not want one of the starting 3 warframes, thus they are working for a new warframe the entire time most likely while updating their current one to get to that point of building a new one.

Only after you max out the Warframe you want would it start to get repetitive because then there would be nothing left to do, but before that point its not all that repetitive BESIDES if you need a certain item you have to farm the same planet or mission a few times.

Um is Smite not repetitive ? LOL?

I play conquest like what, 85% of the time?

Same Map, Same mode, Same jungle camps, same minion waves, same titan, same everything.
The only different is you pick a different character.

So again its not like Smite is any less repetitive than Warframe.

And I spent $400 on Repetitive *** Smite so it doesn't really matter if you are playing the same thing or not, it matters if you have fun while doing it.

I have fun doing the same **** in Smite even though its the same conquest map over and over.

Smite is actually more repetitive than Warframe if you are playing Conquest over and over.
So yea....

The only thing repetitive about warframe is farming the mission you need for a certain item only to not get the item and have to farm it again.

ICEN

Prominent (41)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }