Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

What's your favorite book?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Off Topic » What's your favorite book? 18 posts - page 2 of 2
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Nex The Slayer » December 12, 2013 2:18am | Report
I didn't get to finish my post since class just started, but now that its lunch break I can type in peace.

I LOVE SHERLOCK HOLMES, I got "The Hound of the Baskervilles" from my granddad on charismas when I was 12 and loved it. Been a fan of the character ever since (There have been a lot of good movies and series based on him recently)

I also loved (and still do) the Tin Tin books which my father got me hooked on when I was a kid. The newest released movie based on Tin Tin ("The Secret of The Unicorn") was one of the biggest nostalgia trips of my life and a dam good movie to.

Finally I just finished reading the first Hunger Games book for English class and loved it, probably going to go and watch the seconded movie on Saturday.

Come to think of it, why did I say I don't like books!?! I guess it because there are a lot more movies I enjoy then books or I'm going crazy.

RazeMage wrote:

Oh, i have that book (in english)but kind of stopped reading it cause i'm a bit bored on the backstory

The book is not for everybody and I agreed that the backstory is a bit boring (That's really the only flaw of it in my opinion).

Edit: I just found out that they are going to make a movie based on the book, looking forward to it since it has a lot of my favorite comedians playing the characters!

Edit 2.0: Facking internet crashed when I was uploading the comment so I have to type it all over again -_-

Nex The Slayer

Prominent (37)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Thiel » December 12, 2013 2:19am | Report
Book of Thoth.
That's just my 2 cents.

Oy! Give me some privacy.

Thiel

Memorable (12)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TormentedTurnip » December 12, 2013 5:18am | Report
The final books in the Harry Potter series, especially The Deathly Hollows were excellent. The first few weren't near as good, but they can still be entertaining to read. I think it's slightly unfair to ask a favorite specific book, rather than series :( My favorite trilogy of all time is the Bartimaeus Sequence.

TormentedTurnip
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Esteemed (96)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by M4XiiMUS » December 12, 2013 7:11am | Report
I know people always hate on this series but... I did really enjoy the Twilight series. Personally the also was my favorite. TheHinger games is also another goods rise,thou I hated HW she ended the last book.

M4XiiMUS

Prominent (30)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Romanians » December 12, 2013 10:17am | Report
The Mysterious Island by Jules Verne.

Romanians

Established (17)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Mowen » December 12, 2013 2:15pm | Report
Jurassic Park by Michael Crichton. Love the mix of science and fantasy, with some philosophical questions / lessons here and there. And of course... DINOSAURS!!!

Mowen
<Production Coordinator>

Distinguished (57)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Silv3rX » December 12, 2013 2:59pm | Report
Necronomicon
The Moba King

Silv3rX
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (53)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by HolyPudding » December 28, 2013 3:07am | Report
I've read all of the Alex Rider series, and it was a really good read, and I've also read things like Harry Potter and Skullduggery Pleasant. I do plan to get more into War novels and stuff later, (My family has a whole collection on the bookshelf of Andy McNab novels) but I'm kind of young, only being in year 8 and all. If you were looking for my standalone favourite, it would probably be Watership Down by Richard Adams. It was full of memorable characters and had one of the feelsiest endings of anything ever in my opinion.
"We are none but friends

All born to the same forum

Why not live in peace?"

HolyPudding

Established (19)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }