Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

What a God Reveal Should Be

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Off Topic » What a God Reveal Should Be 32 posts - page 4 of 4

Poll Question:

Buggrit
Millenium Hand
Shrimp
VOTE
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » October 24, 2014 4:34am | Report
Subzero008 wrote:

Uh, you know that Guan is a warrior, right? And so is Hercules. And I'm pretty sure Chaac lasts way longer than most tanks due to his ridiculous healing and his free protections/damage reduction.

Yes I know Guan's a warrior? And I know Herc is? That's why I said they fell out of favor with the reworks to warriors, even though herc got slightly buffed before his subsequent substantial nerf.

And Chaac, eh. I can see an argument there. Still doesn't dissuade my point on the thematic accuracy of Ares in my opinion, and it still doesn't get this any closer to what the topic was about
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » October 24, 2014 5:38am | Report
I guess you're right on a level-to-level comparison, but I still think bruisers are tankier than warriors for one main reason: levels.

To put it simply, tanks are underleveled at every point in the game except really late game, outside of getting a triple kill or something. Even if you show up to every fight, the fact that assists give so little XP in this game combined with you being the front line to your team, and therefore dying fairly often, means more often than not, you'll be a good 2-3 levels behind your bruiser solo, making them much more tankier than you.

(Also, by looking at the raw base stats, bruisers have similar protections to tanks, BUT most of them have innate healing or protections or both. So even at the same level, with the same amount of gold, bruisers are more tanky simply due to their inherent survivability. Ymir's 60 ish extra health and 4-ish extra protections is nice, but it just doesn't compare to 100 - 150 healing that Chaac, Guan, Hercules, etc get.

Tyr has to use his rank 1 Guard Stance Power Cleave ONCE, and he already has more effective health than all tanks - and with free bonus protections, to boot.

Yeah, itemization changes things a bit...except not really. Being forced to take Midas Boots and Watcher's Gift means that bruisers are often literally tankier than most tanks at most points of the game. A bruiser can go for Sov immediately, a tank needs to go through 3000 gold first, at the least.)

The topic was...hmmm...thinking...I think it was...god reveals? Nah, probably not.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }