Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

What a God Reveal Should Be

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Off Topic » What a God Reveal Should Be 32 posts - page 3 of 4

Poll Question:

Buggrit
Millenium Hand
Shrimp
VOTE
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » October 24, 2014 12:10am | Report
MadDanny wrote:

Can I just say. Is it me or some of the lore that they're representing their God doesn't fit the kit they have...?

Because I like it if the lore means something to how they are actually played.

I've heard this statement before, but I'd like a specific example?

People quote Ares on this a lot. I don't agree, I think Ares' kit befits his lore.
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by All4Games » October 24, 2014 12:39am | Report
Well pos his ult is lore breaking but thats it for him.

Scylla's kit is kind of generic mage kit when her lore speaks of luring away sailors and vilantly sinking their ship.

I would also personally say nemesis but it would take too long to explain and im on my phone so imma be lazy.

I would also say ymir and loki. Loki is a trickster and his play style is more: SUPRISE BUTT STABS! Rather then: i tricked you and now you are dead.

Ymir also takes too long.

The other gods have fitting kits or kits that you can't call not fitting but aren't exactly lore
Related.
never forget dawngate and never forgive EA. Freia will hunt them for eternity.

All4Games

Distinguished (54)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by All4Games » October 24, 2014 12:39am | Report
Well pos his ult is lore breaking but thats it for him.

Scylla's kit is kind of generic mage kit when her lore speaks of luring away sailors and vilantly sinking their ship.

I would also personally say nemesis but it would take too long to explain and im on my phone so imma be lazy.

I would also say ymir and loki. Loki is a trickster and his play style is more: SUPRISE BUTT STABS! Rather then: i tricked you and now you are dead.

Ymir also takes too long.

The other gods have fitting kits or kits that you can't call not fitting but aren't exactly lore
Related.

All4Games

Distinguished (54)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » October 24, 2014 12:48am | Report
Loki has a decoy for trickster, and is known for being an agile dagger wielding blademaster, which he learned from Friga. So Loki's on point.

Poseidon's ult is against his lore but I think in a way, he's using the beast to his own will now.

Scylla's kit is tied more to her dogs than her lore, so it's more a biological type thing, but I see the point.

I don't know Nemesis clearly enough to give my two cents on her.
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » October 24, 2014 2:15am | Report
Ares is the god of war and fighting and battle and other ****.

In Smite, as Ares, you throw a series of ranged weapons - chains - at people, while lighting them on fire with your magic shield, then run away until your cooldowns reset. Oh, and your ultimate ability draws people toward you to attack while helpless.

No. No. That is ********. Ares is every single stereotype about Sparta rolled up in a divine package. He's the idiot who charges into a fight and comes out on top. He's the guy who never runs and keeps on fighting.

If ANYONE, anyone in Smite was sustained damage, it should have been Ares. Not this...this weakling, who bursts his abilities before running away.

It's like thinking Dumbledore is some kind of muscle-bound madman with a greataxe. Or Thor as some kind of pacifist poet. Just no.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » October 24, 2014 2:24am | Report
Subzero008 wrote:

Ares is the god of war and fighting and battle and other ****.

In Smite, as Ares, you throw a series of ranged weapons - chains - at people, while lighting them on fire with your magic shield, then run away until your cooldowns reset. Oh, and your ultimate ability draws people toward you to attack while helpless.

No. No. That is ********. Ares is every single stereotype about Sparta rolled up in a divine package. He's the idiot who charges into a fight and comes out on top. He's the guy who never runs and keeps on fighting.

If ANYONE, anyone in Smite was sustained damage, it should have been Ares. Not this...this weakling, who bursts his abilities before running away.

It's like thinking Dumbledore is some kind of muscle-bound madman with a greataxe. Or Thor as some kind of pacifist poet. Just no.

Yes, but worshippers of Ares clad his statues in chains to lock it down, because Ares would 'possess' for lack of a better phrase the statues, much like shrines dedicated to gods would have the gods speak through it. They worshipped Ares, but feared him, as he brought war and strife wherever he went, so they locked the statue to not perish should he come down. It was both out of fear and respect.

Ares is a tank, and we ALL know how ineffective by design physical tanks were/are. It's either make him a CD based magical tank (like every single tank in the game is, let's be honest), or make him a warrior who dies relatively quickly because of how warriors are, save hercules. They took the tank route. Nonetheless, the flaming shield and chains are *thematically correct*. I'm not saying I like Ares as a playable character, but if we're talking lore, they are accurate.
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » October 24, 2014 3:43am | Report
Raventhor wrote:

Yes, but worshippers of Ares clad his statues in chains to lock it down, because Ares would 'possess' for lack of a better phrase the statues, much like shrines dedicated to gods would have the gods speak through it. They worshipped Ares, but feared him, as he brought war and strife wherever he went, so they locked the statue to not perish should he come down. It was both out of fear and respect.

Ares is a tank, and we ALL know how ineffective by design physical tanks were/are. It's either make him a CD based magical tank (like every single tank in the game is, let's be honest), or make him a warrior who dies relatively quickly because of how warriors are, save hercules. They took the tank route. Nonetheless, the flaming shield and chains are *thematically correct*. I'm not saying I like Ares as a playable character, but if we're talking lore, they are accurate.

I don't quite agree with that logic.

That's like saying Zeus, as the god who enlisted the Cyclopeses, is the god of Cyclposes, and fights with a bunch of Cyclopses tied to a stick as a mace. It's only tangentially related to the guy.

Or like Athena wielding the city of Athens as a weapon, as opposed to a spear. Or rather, an olive branch as a weapon, since she made one. Something like that.

I get that chains are a part of his lore, but it shouldn't be used over his sword, know what I mean? Maybe a chain motif on his armor or something, but certainly not as his main weapon.

---

As for physical tanks, eh, it's been done. You know, Rammus, Vi, Malphite, etc.

Physical supports, as in squishy supports? I remember Ashe support used to be a minor thing, but it's still a thing.

Now, for physical tank supports, I remember Odin support, which kinda worked? Wukong support was popular, so was Herc support, and Guan support...not many examples in League, maybe Blitz if you count the double damage autoattack he gets.

In Dawngate, Raina, Renzo, Cerulean, Petrus, Kel, Flin and Sgt. Buttersworth, Marah, Salous, Kahgen are all physical tank supports. Of course, itemization and role and such are very different, but my point is: The concept is sound. Physical tank supports can be a thing.

Also, warriors die quickly???

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by All4Games » October 24, 2014 3:44am | Report
Hmm i guess i should have specified loki's play style doesn't exactly fit his lore.

Scylla's legs being her kit seems more like a missed oppertunity, you can't deny a lot of her kit is ripped straight out of lol with little change to the characters playstyle compared to where the kit came from.

Greek myth has enough giant seamonsters pos could use... They litterly trew the kraken in as a movie refernce(if you could even call it that).

Im not against pos his ult being trowing i giant fish at people but why a kraken?

Nems passive is some what lore related but most of her other skills are generic.

All4Games

Distinguished (54)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » October 24, 2014 4:01am | Report
Ares used chains throughout actual lore too, I was just giving an example of the basis of it.

Rammus isn't physical btw, but I was aiming specifically towards Smite. Odin was the only *really* solid one. Wukong did decent on release as well. Otherwise, Guan and Herc fell out of favor with the major overhauls to warriors as a whole.

Also, compared to tanks, yes warriors die much quicker. You will not see a Tyr who will last as long as Sobek or Geb or such.

Wait how are we even on this topic. I'm so lost right now. What's the topic anymore. Where am I. WHERE'S RACHEL

(also All4 they should have used the name Leviathan or something instead of Kraken, so if you use that instead, it's very thematically accurate, he controlled many monstrous aquatic beasts that he created. Even some land animals, some say he made Horses!)
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » October 24, 2014 4:26am | Report
Uh, you know that Guan is a warrior, right? And so is Hercules. And I'm pretty sure Chaac lasts way longer than most tanks due to his ridiculous healing and his free protections/damage reduction.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }