Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

"Story time with Grampa GreenEvers and Uncle Zilby!"

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Off Topic » "Story time with Grampa GreenEvers and Uncle Zilby!" 30 posts - page 1 of 3
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Steve Abate » May 22, 2016 1:02pm | Report
This is now a thing. Let it begin.

Steve Abate

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by DucksRock » May 22, 2016 1:20pm | Report
I was here since Eset's release back on beta sadface :(

anyways,

old pre nerf beta Loki. oh my ****ing god, why?! Nightmare fuel.

Guardian Yu- MY TEAMFIGHTS, WHY?!

old Arachne, she was just so underwhelming in conquest, but so fun...

release Nemesis i might or might have not played her all op broken release period ;)

pre first rework Odin. HE GAVE MINIONS ATTACK SPEED, BABYE TOWERS!

s1 end unicorn Apollo pfft, and people thought Throwing Dagger was annoying

and last but not least,

the one and only Noodle. i shall miss him (Old Ao Kuang/ Kukulkan) R.I.P ramen, you are still being missed.
Hi!

I'm DucksRock, But you can call me Ducks.

Kuzenbo rights advocate, guide-making delayer and passionate pop music fan.

Kuzenbo guide coming soon.

DucksRock

Prominent (41)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Zilby » May 22, 2016 1:30pm | Report
Well, I guess I'll start a story about old Arena and old Arachne to kick things off. So back in the day even when I first started Smite, my first and primary gametype has always been Conquest. However, my friend that got me into Smite (who I'll refer to by his IGN FurvusLupus) was much more into Arena and Assault. So that my friend would be more inclined to play with me, I decided to try my hand at Arena for a few matches to see if I enjoyed it. Recently I'd just made my third Smite god purchase after Chang'e and Athena, Poseidon. He was the first god I bought without having tried him during a free rotation before, solely having made the purchase so that I'd have another mid laner aside from Ra to play and because I just thought he looked like he'd be super fun to play. I don't recall which Arena match this was, but it was within my first 3 (none of which went well). I decided to try my hand at Poseidon that match, despite still being pretty new to him overall. My conquest matches in which I'd played him had gone extremely well, ( Release The Kraken! is pretty easy for beginners) so why wouldn't this?

It went horribly.

Overall, I think the match would have been fine if it weren't for the Arachne on the other team. Arachne's old kit was vastly different from the one she has now. Most notably her ultimate, cocoon, would pull an enemy towards her from up to range 80 away. To put that in perspective, Scylla's Sentinel has a range of 65, and 70 at max rank. This move would pull you farther than that. And it worked through walls. And it was on a 30 second cooldown (which is roughly 22 seconds with Jotunn's Wrath back when it gave 25% CDR). I was pulled away from my team into the middle of the enemy team roughly 10 times that game. I had NO idea how to counter it. I still had auto-buy on, I hadn't used Purification Beads before, it was a disaster. She pulled an unsuspecting Zilby through a wall back behind a buff camp at least 3 times.

Thus, this game has been burned into my memory as one of my worst games of all time. I can't help but acknowledge that it probably contributed to me disliking Arena more than the other gametypes to this day.

TL;DR: Thank god Arachne got reworked.
Smite Account: Zilby__________Steam Account: Zilby
Blizzard: Zilby#11991_________Twitch: TheZilb

I am the most foul, cruel and bad tempered rodent you've ever set eyes upon!.. Oh, her? Yes, well... she's with me.

Feel free to PM me with any questions or comments. I can offer feedback on gameplay and BBcoding tips, as well as moderation help if needed.

Zilby
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (132)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by DucksRock » May 22, 2016 1:33pm | Report
Zilby wrote:

Well, I guess I'll start a story about old Arena and old Arachne to kick things off. So back in the day even when I first started Smite, my first and primary gametype has always been Conquest. However, my friend that got me into Smite (who I'll refer to by his IGN FurvusLupus) was much more into Arena and Assault. So that my friend would be more inclined to play with me, I decided to try my hand at Arena for a few matches to see if I enjoyed it. Recently I'd just made my third Smite god purchase after Chang'e and Athena, Poseidon. He was the first god I bought without having tried him during a free rotation before, solely having made the purchase so that I'd have another mid laner aside from Ra to play and because I just thought he looked like he'd be super fun to play. I don't recall which Arena match this was, but it was within my first 3 (none of which went well). I decided to try my hand at Poseidon that match, despite still being pretty new to him overall. My conquest matches in which I'd played him had gone extremely well, ( Release The Kraken! is pretty easy for beginners) so why wouldn't this?

It went horribly.

Overall, I think the match would have been fine if it weren't for the Arachne on the other team. Arachne's old kit was vastly different from the one she has now. Most notably her ultimate, cocoon, would pull an enemy towards her from up to range 80 away. To put that in perspective, Scylla's Sentinel has a range of 65, and 70 at max rank. This move would pull you farther than that. And it worked through walls. And it was on a 30 second cooldown (which is roughly 22 seconds with Jotunn's Wrath back when it gave 25% CDR). I was pulled away from my team into the middle of the enemy team roughly 10 times that game. I had NO idea how to counter it. I still had auto-buy on, I hadn't used Purification Beads before, it was a disaster. She pulled an unsuspecting Zilby through a wall back behind a buff camp at least 3 times.

Thus, this game has been burned into my memory as one of my worst games of all time. I can't help but acknowledge that it probably contributed to me disliking Arena more than the other gametypes to this day.

TL;DR: Thank god Arachne got reworked.

I remember pulling enemies to my base with old arachne's ult in arena. fun times.
Hi!

DucksRock

Prominent (41)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Zilby » May 22, 2016 1:36pm | Report
DucksRock wrote:

I remember pulling enemies to my base with old arachne's ult in arena. fun times.

Thankfully my team got wrecked hard enough that we were never near the enemy base, so that never happened.
Smite Account: Zilby__________Steam Account: Zilby
Blizzard: Zilby#11991_________Twitch: TheZilb

I am the most foul, cruel and bad tempered rodent you've ever set eyes upon!.. Oh, her? Yes, well... she's with me.

Feel free to PM me with any questions or comments. I can offer feedback on gameplay and BBcoding tips, as well as moderation help if needed.

Zilby
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (132)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by DucksRock » May 22, 2016 1:38pm | Report
Zilby wrote:

Thankfully my team got wrecked hard enough that we were never near the enemy base, so that never happened.

that sounds painful lol, i remember getting hyped for going 0-3 with Apollo on my 3rd match.
Hi!

DucksRock

Prominent (41)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by DucksRock » May 22, 2016 1:41pm | Report
So, Old wa.

Old wa was my main, i remember grinding old wa support and just playing her all the time without playing any other god, and i got super good with her. she was so much fun, R.I.P. hope you and the noodle are enjoying heaven.
Hi!

DucksRock

Prominent (41)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Steve Abate » May 22, 2016 7:33pm | Report
It's already everything I was hoping for. 😭😭
Story time shall be forever. As long as you guys have stories that is

Steve Abate

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » May 23, 2016 12:01pm | Report
You guys remember atrachnophobia. best place to get chainpulled into a base.

And damn duck didnt knew you played this for such a long time already

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by CakeSlapping » May 23, 2016 12:23pm | Report
Zilby wrote:
Most notably her ultimate, cocoon, would pull an enemy towards her from up to range 80 away.

That sounds hilarious!

CakeSlapping

Prominent (29)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }