Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Questions about Toxicity in LoL

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Off Topic » Questions about Toxicity in LoL 18 posts - page 2 of 2
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by FemFatalis » June 9, 2015 11:47pm | Report
Totally offtopic, but Zilb you gotta update your sig for the squirrel guide
For Glory! An Ullr ADC Guide
A Strong Bond! An Aphrodite Solo Guide
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, ‘You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I’m just not close enough to get the job done.’"
-George Carlin

FemFatalis

Established (15)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Wolfman5665 » June 9, 2015 11:58pm | Report
Yea, you need to update it to include that scumbag autolocking rat-of-a-squirrel god!

ugh I hate that thing

Wolfman5665

Remarkable (6)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by FemFatalis » June 10, 2015 12:10am | Report
I mean, let's be real, every new god gets autolocks unless his name is Cabrakan.
For Glory! An Ullr ADC Guide
A Strong Bond! An Aphrodite Solo Guide
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, ‘You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I’m just not close enough to get the job done.’"
-George Carlin

FemFatalis

Established (15)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Zilby » June 10, 2015 12:13am | Report
I take some time getting everything in order with links to new guides and such. I've finally given up on having each guide have their own unique "other guides" section, way too much work *sigh*. Now they'll all just awkwardly have links to the same page they're on because making them all unique just becomes exponentially harder with each new guide.
Smite Account: Zilby__________Steam Account: Zilby
Blizzard: Zilby#11991_________Twitch: TheZilb

I am the most foul, cruel and bad tempered rodent you've ever set eyes upon!.. Oh, her? Yes, well... she's with me.

Feel free to PM me with any questions or comments. I can offer feedback on gameplay and BBcoding tips, as well as moderation help if needed.

Zilby
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (132)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Wolfman5665 » June 10, 2015 12:19am | Report
No no no, at least the other gods get autlocking players that are actually good... ratatoskr autolockers in joust are horrible... I still have nightmares of the ulting into 3v1s...

Wolfman5665

Remarkable (6)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » June 10, 2015 5:40am | Report
I'm going to back up sub on this zilby but yes I myself am finding the Smite community one of the most toxic. in LoL and DotA you hear about it but smite has it too.

the biggest difference for me is a duo queue (I have solo queued but not gonna start about that) in casual. When queueing in smite this way I encounter at least 1 toxic person once in the 2 games (sometimes almost every queue. and this has changed from when I started playing just before release) while in LoL or DotA this really is less with once in 5 for LoL and in dota I don't even know when I have seen a toxic player in casuals (from lvl 13+ most of those guys go to trench tier mmr ranked).

really the reputation is bad from most games but I would suggest just try it. as long as you can do the basics in the game you won't hear a lot of complaining.

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by DarkMatterGaming » June 14, 2015 8:47am | Report
Honestly? The reason I've avoided LoL and DotA are primarily the communities, and there's also a bit of hesitation of underperformance because I'm a tryhard like that. ...Not an actual tryhard mind you, more like "i have to do good please let do good"

Reading over this thread, though, it does make me... consider getting into LoL finally.
Nope nope nope nope no--

DarkMatterGaming

Notable (1)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » June 16, 2015 7:28am | Report

Honestly? The reason I've avoided LoL and DotA are primarily the communities, and there's also a bit of hesitation of underperformance because I'm a tryhard like that. ...Not an actual tryhard mind you, more like "i have to do good please let do good"

Reading over this thread, though, it does make me... consider getting into LoL finally.

trust me you hear a lot about the communities but when you get into it looks as bad as smite.

some key differences are:
-in LoL a lot of beginners into co-op and players whine about KSing (I have had this once in dota and several times in smite but LoL is bad on this in early lvls)

-in DotA get ready for a lot of RQ especially early lvls (note dota's lvls equal gametime and don;t do a lot but open modes till 13 then it just keeps counting) and in limited pick mode. as in Dota RQing isn't punished hard everytime. in limited pick mode (the mode you get in tutorial and standard on search when starting out) it will never be punished as you will get bots taking over.

in all pick (normal mode) it gets punished after several time (in ranked too but for every abandon in ranked you will lose MMR it doesn't mind if it's a win (it's possible to win 4v5 sometimes even 2v5) or lose) Dota will then place you in low-prio queue which has the following effects:
-longer queue times (you got normal prio high prio and low high is aquired if someone didn;t accept or decline and normal prio is when you just queue)
-forced to play all random (which also increases queue time)
-no chance on drops
-you need to play 5 complete low prio games (meaning you must destroy the ancient and not by them "surrendering" (leaving) the game. otherwise it doesn't count)

-in smite you have even on low lvls (this is common in LoL too but mostly on high lvls) the people about you sucking as well you can't hit anything blahblahblah.

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }