Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Other Mobas?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Off Topic » Other Mobas? 15 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Aphnex » March 14, 2014 3:35pm | Report
Okay, so I've been getting real tired of Smite lately. I' not saying I'm straight quitting because I invested too much money and time into it, it's impossible (I mean, if Hi-Rez would just get their **** straight I'd still be playing), but at the moment the *****torm is too much.

I was thinking about playing other Moba's (besides DOTA and LOL, because I also have invested in those as well. Not saying their not fun I just want something new.) and two new Mobas have been brought to my attention.

Is Infinite Crisis any good? I myself am a big DC and Marvel Comic fan, so I think playing a game as such would be pretty fun. I even watched some gameplay and I think it's pretty legit. Very League-like, I'd say.

Heros of the Storm? I still play Blizzard games, so this also appealed to me. Personally, I haven't seen any gameplay, but it sorta seems like MOBA's are the new 'big thing' in gaming, so Blizzard decided to give on a go.

Any other MOBAs that are at least decently good? I'm very limited on games I'm actually not bored of and/or haven't beaten. MOBAs appeal to me, which is why I asked. But I am just very tired of SMITE. I'll probably play again whenever the next god comes out. Or whenever they make a ******* VAMANA REDESIGN. HNNNNNNNNNNGGGGG. UPDATE LIL MANA PLS.

Thank you for your time, I hope to see you all on SMITE when I return. :D

Aphnex

Prominent (30)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Dark Jaw » March 14, 2014 3:40pm | Report
Heroes of the Storm! Yes! It'll be my future main MOBA once I get invited. The gameplay, the characters and all that stuff is amazing so far.

Also Dawngate. It has been a great substitute to Smite for me, and it has been satiating my hunger for HotS.

Dark Jaw

Prominent (44)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Aphnex » March 14, 2014 3:50pm | Report
I heard mixed things about Dawngate, but I guess I can give it a try. I really want to know if anyone knows anything about Infinite Crisis

Aphnex

Prominent (30)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by UnknownPandr » March 14, 2014 4:11pm | Report
Aphnex wrote:

I heard mixed things about Dawngate, but I guess I can give it a try. I really want to know if anyone knows anything about Infinite Crisis

It's really fun! It doesn't have the normal conqust map. It's like dawngate 2 lanes, but there are other maps. If your a DC fan and a moba fan the game is perfect for you.

UnknownPandr

Prominent (35)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by M4XiiMUS » March 14, 2014 4:38pm | Report
A more unusual MOBA that I really enjoy is Awesomenauts, its a 3v3 sidescroller of sorts. It is so much fun, and the only thing you can buy is skins. The game it self costs money I think around 10 IIRC.

M4XiiMUS

Prominent (30)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by HiFromBuddha » March 14, 2014 8:48pm | Report
M4XiiMUS wrote:

A more unusual MOBA that I really enjoy is Awesomenauts, its a 3v3 sidescroller of sorts. It is so much fun, and the only thing you can buy is skins. The game it self costs money I think around 10 IIRC.

The good thing is that Awesomenauts drops down to ridiculously low prices during sales. I bought it when it was only 2.99, and at that price, it's a steal.

Also, I came across a MOBA called Panzar. Like Smite and SMNC, it's a third person MOBA, and it looks gorgeous. You might want to give it a quick look if it interests you (I haven;t played it so, I really can't give you my opinions).
The top rated He Bo guide on SmiteFire!
My rather unimpressive and slowly growing anime list!
Currently watching:
    Punchline
Currently Reading:
    Utsuro no Hako to Zero Maria
    Nisekoi: False Love
    The World God Only Knows

HiFromBuddha
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (115)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TormentedTurnip » March 14, 2014 9:05pm | Report
I haven't played it since they were testing the dueling mode, but Wizard Wars was ridiculously fun to play with a few buddies. I think it's still in the alpha stages, so you might have to buy your way in. But it's unique, chaotic, and worth every penny. Well, it was before the only game mode you could play was dueling, that is.

TormentedTurnip
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Esteemed (96)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Deathsession » March 14, 2014 11:11pm | Report
I'm liking Dawn gate to fill my time in-between Smite. It's mana-less so the lane phase has lotsa action, the endboss "mino" is really epic, and the item system is great. Lotsa builds and choices. Could use some more balancing though.

After watching game-play videos. I'm honestly alittle turned off by HoTs. No jungle, very small map, shared levels, etc. It's a very bare-bone Moba. Don't get me wrong, battles still look intense, and I can play all my beloved Blizzard characters, omg ilidan.. WANT. But I'm feeling it's more simpley a brawlfest, less strategy oriented moba =/. Somehow with the way blizzard has ben lately, I kind of expected it though.

Deathsession

Established (17)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Aphnex » March 15, 2014 12:05am | Report
Ugh. Sadness fills me.

So I've successfully played Infinite Crisis and Panzar. Infinite Crisis is pretty decent, no one's really too overpowered (BESIDES GREEN ARROW HNNNNGGG NERF) but my main problem with this was that I was expecting something a little fast paced. Boy was I wrong. I eventually got used to it and gotten past my overly high expectations and found out it's a pretty fun game! Definitely worth playing if anyone's considering it.

Panzar was just...ugh. Like Panzar gave me a whole new level of derp. I was so confused, I think I rage quit my first match. It's definitely going to take some getting used to if I want to play it, but it's not really that appealing to me. Eh, idk, maybe it's just me.

Does anyone have access to Dawngate? Oh man I've seen some gameplay and I need to try it out! Then it said I needed a beta key so I was like FFFFFUUUUU-. So can anyone send me a key if it's not too much to ask?

Otherwise, still open to suggestions, keep em' coming~

Aphnex

Prominent (30)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by HiFromBuddha » March 15, 2014 3:59am | Report
Aphnex wrote:

Ugh. Sadness fills me.

So I've successfully played Infinite Crisis and Panzar. Infinite Crisis is pretty decent, no one's really too overpowered (BESIDES GREEN ARROW HNNNNGGG NERF) but my main problem with this was that I was expecting something a little fast paced. Boy was I wrong. I eventually got used to it and gotten past my overly high expectations and found out it's a pretty fun game! Definitely worth playing if anyone's considering it.

Panzar was just...ugh. Like Panzar gave me a whole new level of derp. I was so confused, I think I rage quit my first match. It's definitely going to take some getting used to if I want to play it, but it's not really that appealing to me. Eh, idk, maybe it's just me.

Does anyone have access to Dawngate? Oh man I've seen some gameplay and I need to try it out! Then it said I needed a beta key so I was like FFFFFUUUUU-. So can anyone send me a key if it's not too much to ask?

Otherwise, still open to suggestions, keep em' coming~

I believe if you simply use the code 'twitchdg3', then you get access to it. I'm not sure if they've stopped it yet, but it's definitely worth a try.
The top rated He Bo guide on SmiteFire!
My rather unimpressive and slowly growing anime list!
Currently watching:
    Punchline
Currently Reading:
    Utsuro no Hako to Zero Maria
    Nisekoi: False Love
    The World God Only Knows

HiFromBuddha
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (115)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }