Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Other Mobas?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Off Topic » Other Mobas? 15 posts - page 2 of 2
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by GeouZu » March 15, 2014 4:10am | Report
To get dawngate key go to http://www.twitch.tv/waystonegames (Official stream).They give keys there.I've just got mine ^^

GeouZu

Memorable (12)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Dark Jaw » March 15, 2014 8:12am | Report
Deathsession wrote:

I'm liking Dawn gate to fill my time in-between Smite. It's mana-less so the lane phase has lotsa action, the endboss "mino" is really epic, and the item system is great. Lotsa builds and choices. Could use some more balancing though.

After watching game-play videos. I'm honestly alittle turned off by HoTs. No jungle, very small map, shared levels, etc. It's a very bare-bone Moba. Don't get me wrong, battles still look intense, and I can play all my beloved Blizzard characters, omg ilidan.. WANT. But I'm feeling it's more simpley a brawlfest, less strategy oriented moba =/. Somehow with the way blizzard has ben lately, I kind of expected it though.

No jungle, but still. They've a lot of different objectives. The game is more objective and Teamfight focused.

As the EXP is global, you can pull off some weird lane comps. Specially with some characters with global presence( Abathur). Plus, they got a queue that let's you play the character you want to, like the Team Builder LoL is trying to do. No instalocking wars to get the character you want.

I'm really excited for the game. Cool characters, cool game modes, cool systems. I respect your opinion, and I see your points, too.

Dark Jaw

Prominent (44)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Silv3rX » March 18, 2014 9:32am | Report
Heroes of the storm in it's current state is great if you want to play a casual Moba in which you aren't getting flamed by your teammates.

Dawngate is cool if you wanna play a simple version of league of legends with some nice jungle additions.

Awesomenauts is really reaaaally oldschool yet a Moba and awesome in that sense. Great if you love 2D games.

Super Monday Night Combat - Talking about oldschool games. It was one of my favorite games back then, but there are basically only around 30 main players left and we all know each other, so you could say it's pretty much dead. If you want to play it tho I can hook you up with some stuff and mumble etc. (Most people won't consider smnc as a moba anyway, but it is one - Turrets, Huge objective, small objectives, minions, big turrets, moneyball - nexus sorta speak)
The Moba King

Silv3rX
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (53)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » March 18, 2014 1:29pm | Report
DotA/DotA2 - the original moba. No backing, you lose gold on death, every champion can 1v5.

League of Legends - the 'best' moba. We give a lot of flak and get a lot of flak from them, but it's still a good game. It's currently the most popular game in the world, eclipsing world of warcraft. There's a reason for that.

Heroes of Newerth - horrible community, but a nice middle ground between DotA and League of Legends. Interesting concept is you can 'deny' minions or champions by killing them when they're at a very low amount of health so your enemy can't, denying them experience and gold. Makes the mechanics of farming even more important.

Heroes of the Storm - Blizzard's foray into the moba scene. I guess they realized how famous LoL is and are finally trying to compete with it. I haven't seen much but they have talents and spells in addition to the champion's base abilities. I don't know too much but it looks interesting. Only thing is the lanes look REALLY small.

Dawngate - know nothing about it, other than champions can pick different roles to act differently in a team.

Those are the major ones that you'd actually care to check out.
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Ninja Trigger » March 18, 2014 1:35pm | Report
There is always DawnGate and Infinite Crisis, to look into, also Like GeouZu said just go to there stream and boom you got a key

There is Heroes of Newerth but the community is rotten
Sig by MiKurusu

Ninja Trigger

Memorable (14)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }