Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Origins of our Usernames

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Off Topic » Origins of our Usernames 49 posts - page 5 of 5
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » October 31, 2013 3:45am | Report
How I got the name : "ICEN"
* I normally associate my name with the color dark blue.

This was probably around the time I was in 9th grade so this is years ago.
Lets see I am turning 21 in one month so probably around 14-16? Well whatever age I was in, 9th grade is the time period.

My best friend always played the game "Super Smash brothers Melee"
We would have our own user names, well I already had my usernames.

But for some reason I was trying to think of a new name.
Now keep in mind when I started rapping I was in 9th grade also.
So I was messing around and I typed the word "ICE" then for some reason I typed out the word "ICEN"

I quickly knew what "ICEN" would mean as a word and for me as a rapper. This is when I accepted the rap name "ICEN" once I thought what the word ment. So since I knew what I thought of when I herd "ICEN" I said I'm going by this name.

The street slang for the word ice is to off somebody or kill them.
So you will see in gangster movies people might say "I just iced that guy" meaning to get rid of them, kill them ect.

So I figured what better rap name then to add the N on ICE to make it "ICEN" as if I am killing the rest of my competitors. So I also started to use this as my user name in video games too since I thought of it as "I am ICEN everyone " aka killing them.

ICEN would be a verb, so basically ICEN is to ICE which would be the street slang for kill. To make it more simple to understand, you can say WALK or WALKING. Well instead of ICE its ICEN (ICEING)

So the name ICEN is a word not just a name, its not a real word but I made it one.

Icen = killing(can mean killing anything, rapping wise, video game wise, ect.)
Icing = The stuff that goes on top of a cake

Ice would mean kill so this word be used when your about to "kill"
Icen means killing, so this word would be used when you are in the process of "killing"

So when I use it as a rap name I can say I'm ICEN other rappers because I am in the process of killing them.

Icen is pronounced like you are saying the two words: Ice + In : Together

Now you understand

"ICEN"

Icen really spelled Iceing
Prounounced IceIn
derived from the slang word ice
Created as a new verb to the slang word ice so that you can now say that guy is "iceing" somebody

ICEN

Prominent (41)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by All4Games » October 31, 2013 6:38am | Report
Sirsir94 wrote:

All4s story sounds so familiar...

Go on.

How does it sound familiar to you?
never forget dawngate and never forgive EA. Freia will hunt them for eternity.

All4Games

Distinguished (54)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Sirsir94 » October 31, 2013 8:07am | Report
Sorry, not as much of an open book as you ^-^ And nothing to do with the topic of this thread.
PENTAS: Loki
Quadras: Cupid, Artemis, Loki, Ah Muzen Cab

Sirsir94

Remarkable (6)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by All4Games » October 31, 2013 2:58pm | Report
Sirsir94 wrote:

Sorry, not as much of an open book as you ^-^ And nothing to do with the topic of this thread.

Ok ^_^
never forget dawngate and never forgive EA. Freia will hunt them for eternity.

All4Games

Distinguished (54)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Romanians » October 31, 2013 3:14pm | Report
Romanians ...

I guess it's not hard to guess where my name comes from . :)

Romanians

Established (17)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by alphacar » October 31, 2013 3:45pm | Report
I remember when i was in the 4th or 3rd grade I was playing this game called "Dino Run" and I had to think up a cool name for my username. For some odd reason I thought up of FLASH190.

Another IGN that I rarely use is ****mazn. A friend had a digimon game that we played in the school bus. I got a Veemon and tried to name it **** Amazing but that was to long so i decided with ****mazn.

Biljack is one that use if someone already took my name. It's a combination of my first and last name(Billy Jackson).

AlphaCar is the combination of alpha and car. It was a name I came up with while creating a RotMG account and I stuck with it.

Nobody is an IGN I use for ***** and giggles

alphacar

Memorable (13)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Sirsir94 » October 31, 2013 7:49pm | Report
Huh, i read your username as alpaca-r...
PENTAS: Loki
Quadras: Cupid, Artemis, Loki, Ah Muzen Cab

Sirsir94

Remarkable (6)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Nex The Slayer » November 4, 2013 2:44am | Report
My username is a combination of two of my usernames:

My main name is Nex: When I was about 12 (I think) I was going start playing RuneScape (since all my friends where playing it) and it was the first game I played where you needed a username. I wanted it to be something easy to remember (3-5 latters) but sound cool and have some meaning to it. I started typing random words in to Google and after sometime I typed "Nex". I then found out that Nex is the Latin word for "Murder and violent death" so I went with it and it stuck.

My other name is DarkSlayer. I most likely got the name from one favorite video game series of all time: Devil May Cry. It just remembered it one day as I was making a username (don't remember what for) I started using it because thought it just sounded bad *** (The Slayer of Darkness).

When I was going to start playing Smite both names where taken so I fought "Why not combined them" in to "Nex The Slayer" (I think you can guess why its also my SmiteFire)

I ironically I have pretty much stopped using all three of these names about after I singed up to SmiteFire :P.

Nex The Slayer

Prominent (37)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by SoapSuds » November 8, 2013 5:50pm | Report
Was a combination of two things.

1. Was tired of people associating my main username, UzumakiW, with Naruto. I got that one because of a Japanese horror movie named Uzumaki and the initial of my last name, W. But people kept assuming I got it from Naruto, which I despise.

2. I was playing some game and wanted to join a new server under a new name so I wouldn't be noticed for a bit.

So, as I was trying to come up with a new, completely random name, I was looking all around my desk to get an idea. I saw a bottle of hand sanitizer, and some how came up with SoapSuds.
Comic Series Currently Reading:
  • Wonder Woman Vol 2
  • Green Lantern Vol 2
  • Infinity Gauntlet

SoapSuds

Prominent (43)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }