Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Origins of our Usernames

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Off Topic » Origins of our Usernames 49 posts - page 4 of 5
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Firraria » October 30, 2013 12:18am | Report
I was playing a game called Vindictus and thought Firraria sounded like a cool name for an archer... until people started asking me "hey, do you play Terraria?!"

Firraria
<Skullcracker>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (58)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by All4Games » October 30, 2013 10:12am | Report
my name has a bit of a story attached to it that has to do with my real life.

i have been bullied (hate the english word for that) with my name since the moment i went to school.

for any of you who don't know i am dutch and my in my dutch name the number four is the second half of my name. well the dutch word for four. needless to say that childeren are very creative with nicknames.

serouisly if you think you came up with something original for my name i have heard it.

well i bit if bullying with a name is not that bad but if your whole class starts seeing you as prime target when you are 7,8,9 (i don't remember when it started) and comes up with more ways to bully you then just with your name, both vulgar and pysically till the piont where you think you will never have a friend again it will eventually start eating you.

fast forward to more then half a year ago i swich schools no one knows me and there are a grand total of 5 persons in my class and i actually got a friend now. that is something i was not able to say for about 6 years straight.

i so when i started playing smite i had no idea what to call my self. i never had a nickname that wasn't ment to offend/piss me off. so i started thinking since these where things that i needed to adress anyway so they wouldn't comeback to haunt me later.

i wanted to turn the very thing that started it all into something i could enjoy.

the all part is has to do with the first part of my name. the 4 part stands for 2 things for and four (second part of my dutch name) and the games part stands for my love for video games which is one of the things that kept me alife during this periode for my life.

so there you have it.

All4Games.
never forget dawngate and never forgive EA. Freia will hunt them for eternity.

All4Games

Distinguished (54)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » October 30, 2013 10:24am | Report
That was so much more deep than I was expecting.
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by All4Games » October 30, 2013 10:49am | Report
Raventhor wrote:

That was so much more deep than I was expecting.

personal history has a tendency to do that.
never forget dawngate and never forgive EA. Freia will hunt them for eternity.

All4Games

Distinguished (54)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Dark Jaw » October 30, 2013 1:16pm | Report
DarkJaw came from a monster I've created when I was a kid, and that I'm planning to ''recreate'' on a indie game, soon.

The monster used to look like a snake. With a big, wide boney-jaw and a dark purple fire emanating from it.

Dark Jaw

Prominent (44)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Talenhiem » October 30, 2013 1:49pm | Report
Mine goes back to a game that's still around, but might as well be dead because of awful management: Realm of the Mad God.

Up until then, my usernames have been like LordOfDarkness, DarkLord, DarknessManifest, and dark_lord_sauron is my Minecraft username.

When you start playing RotMG, it gives you a random, non-original name, until you give yourself one. The one that the game gave me was Tal.

When I decided to give my character a name, I liked Tal, and I wanted to keep it someway. So after an hour of brainstoming, I came up with the extension name Talenhiem.

My Speaker for Egypt title is a whole other story, though...

Talenhiem

Prominent (33)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by SnubMachina » October 30, 2013 2:53pm | Report
I was just playing RotMG the other day while Smite was patching and I saw someone with the name Tal and I thought to myself "I wonder if that is Talenhiem." I guess it's just a default name; kinda funny that it was the root of your alias though.

SnubMachina

Notable (3)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Sirsir94 » October 30, 2013 7:41pm | Report
All4s story sounds so familiar...
PENTAS: Loki
Quadras: Cupid, Artemis, Loki, Ah Muzen Cab

Sirsir94

Remarkable (6)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TormentedTurnip » October 30, 2013 8:23pm | Report
Talenhiem, that reminds me of my ol' Gnomish Death Knight named "Lardofdoom." I miss that magnificent bastard - people would always misread it as "lord" and call me a ******, then laugh when I corrected them.

TormentedTurnip
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Esteemed (96)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by HiFromBuddha » October 31, 2013 2:22am | Report
I feel bored, so I'll go through the history of my past IGNs.

My very first IGN was TopRexi. Just like how it sounds, my sister made this for me when I was about... 6 or 7. This was my very first IGN for my very first MMO, Maplestory. Top for obvious reasons, and Rex because I used to be obsessed with dinosaurs (who wasn't at my age?). The 'i' at the end of 'Rexi' was to make make it more Kawaii. "Kawaii desu ne~?"

I then matured a bit. Matured so much that I started playing Halo at the age of 8. I remember seeing someone's IGN was Hi ImA Potato. I loved this so much, that I stole it for myself and called myself Hi ImA Tomato. Originality...

I don;t quite remember the origins of this one, but I used to go by the name of Rem3mberM31 at one point. From memory, I think I got it from another name. This was a person that my sister often chatted with on MSN chat thingy that no one uses. I believe this person's name that I got the inspiration from was Rem3mber_Handsome.

I soon believed that having numbers in your username was incredibly... Unrealistic. I enjoy experiencing a game as if I am in it, so if I had numbers in my name, I believed it would feel like a game. Something like that, but my opinion was definitely heavily influenced by my sister. Because of this, I went back to Hi ImA Tomato.

I used this all the way until I got to a TCG called Urban Rivals. For some reason, this game had gotten BIG in my school, so I conformed and joined in on the fun. We formed a guild called Greetings of the Gods or something, and the admins (which I was) all had names that were HiFrom____. There was HiFromGod, HiFromJesus, HiFromAllah etc. Of course, I got HiFromBuddha, because at that time, I was incredibly overweight and Asian, Hooray!

My back-up name, in case HiFromBuddha is taken or doesn't fit, is OmgMyNameWontFi. I just thought this was a hilarious and original, so it stuck.

And that's the end of my ramble/recollection of thoughts.
The top rated He Bo guide on SmiteFire!
My rather unimpressive and slowly growing anime list!
Currently watching:
    Punchline
Currently Reading:
    Utsuro no Hako to Zero Maria
    Nisekoi: False Love
    The World God Only Knows

HiFromBuddha
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (115)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }