Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Korra Season 4 October 3rd

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Off Topic » Korra Season 4 October 3rd 208 posts - page 8 of 21
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by SoapSuds » October 17, 2014 4:03pm | Report
Amon was awesome, but the way they played him out when they revealed who he was was a bit meh to me. He had to hide behind a mask to get his movement going, and when it was revealed who he was, he lost all that power over people, which to me was a bit meh. I mean, sure, he was a bender, but if he's still fighting for a cause you believe in, shouldn't you let him stay as the leader and keep the movement going? I don't know.

Kuvira does a lot of what he did, minus the taking of bending, without the need of a mask or secret identity. I mean, she straight up told everyone what she was doing and still gets massive support from people. She still has a ton of room to grow, so I'm definitely excited with what they do with her.

And yeah, if it wasn't for Toph in this episode, Meelo would win it all. Like you said, I really want to see Toph and Meelo meeting/having a conversation. That would be the greatest thing ever at this point.
Comic Series Currently Reading:
  • Wonder Woman Vol 2
  • Green Lantern Vol 2
  • Infinity Gauntlet

SoapSuds

Prominent (43)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Ninja Trigger » October 17, 2014 4:31pm | Report
a Meelo and Toph moment would be awesome, favorite line this episode was

Spoiler: Click to view

if anyone is going to get Korra turned around and out of the dumps it's going to be Toph, or perhaps a combination of Meelo and Toph.

also soapsuds I may have to steal your sig

and use it over on Mobafire :P
Sig by MiKurusu

Ninja Trigger

Memorable (14)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by SoapSuds » October 17, 2014 4:36pm | Report
Toph is exactly who Korra needs. Someone who's not going to take any BS from her and not go easy on her. Exactly the way she taught Aang.

And haha, sounds good. I laughed so hard when I saw that picture. Like people were saying, it's good to see some things never change.
  • Wonder Woman Vol 2
  • Green Lantern Vol 2
  • Infinity Gauntlet

SoapSuds

Prominent (43)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TormentedTurnip » October 17, 2014 5:22pm | Report
I think it's less "not taking BS" and more "being tougher than everyone else who were more encouraging than actually helpful." It's more like Korra is finally getting someone who isn't BS'ing her.

Kuvira feels too much like Unalaaq at this point to me, but it's so early in the season I'm sure there are bigger things planned. She's a strong character, that's for sure.

Meelo and the two ladies Tenzin might be able to count on land in the Swamp as seen by the trailer, so I'm super hopeful that there will be a Meelo and Toph moment. And it will be glorious.

TormentedTurnip
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Esteemed (96)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Ninja Trigger » October 17, 2014 9:28pm | Report
Kurvira is a lot cooler then Unalaaq just because she isn't hiding the fact she's a bad guy people who have their eyes open and can read between the lines clearly know she's a dictator. Unalaaq had to build up his power in the shadows and manipulate the Avatar into opening the portals Before coming out as a bad guy. Even though it's didn't entirely go as planed that way.

Kurvira worked her butt off getting the earth kingdom together building an army and a supportive fan base in the open for all to see yet no one tried to stop her directly. Well okay she did have to work in the shadows like Unalaaq but at least she's not doing the whole I need the avatar to trust me gimmick and is just skipping that step entirely.

Also I really hope we hear more about Unalaaq breaking off from the Red Lotus.
Sig by MiKurusu

Ninja Trigger

Memorable (14)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TormentedTurnip » October 18, 2014 11:18am | Report
I mean she feels like Unalaaq post-civil wars episodes. I actually thought Unalaaq was a good (not protagonist but fairly well thought out) character until he went bat**** insane. She just seems evil for no real reason. Evil with more charisma, which is very dangerous.

TormentedTurnip
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Esteemed (96)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TormentedTurnip » October 19, 2014 2:07pm | Report
Suds you should have all three Avatar portraits in your sig:

Kyoshi, your Aang one, and Korra. (Couldn't find the actual Korra one on this terrible connection, sorry).

TormentedTurnip
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Esteemed (96)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by SoapSuds » October 20, 2014 2:49pm | Report
Haha, you're right. I don't think I've ever seen the Kyoshi one. That one is pro considering Kyoshi is probably my favorite Avatar.

Going to go do that now...

...And done.

Thanks for the find and recommendation for that, haha.
  • Wonder Woman Vol 2
  • Green Lantern Vol 2
  • Infinity Gauntlet

SoapSuds

Prominent (43)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TormentedTurnip » October 20, 2014 5:06pm | Report
'Tis truly beautiful. Now all we need is Roku (and Jafarvatar and the Vast Airbender) to be complete.

Also wonder what Wan's would look like.

TormentedTurnip
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Esteemed (96)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Greenevers » October 20, 2014 6:21pm | Report
      • Am I the only one who wants a Rohan moment?

Greenevers
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }