Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Korra Season 4 October 3rd

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Off Topic » Korra Season 4 October 3rd 208 posts - page 6 of 21
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Greenevers » October 10, 2014 11:06am | Report
Still gotta watch it when I get home :#

Greenevers
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Ninja Trigger » October 10, 2014 12:28pm | Report
The second episode was really good

Spoiler: Click to view
Sig by MiKurusu

Ninja Trigger

Memorable (14)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Greenevers » October 10, 2014 12:43pm | Report
The second episode explains a lot more than the first episode did. And I'm really excited to find out how Korra gets back up on her toes.

Greenevers
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by SoapSuds » October 10, 2014 5:16pm | Report
Was a good one. Brought everything up to speed as to what's going on so far.

And a big "**** yeah!" to the ending. Really looking forward to seeing what all happens with that.
Comic Series Currently Reading:
  • Wonder Woman Vol 2
  • Green Lantern Vol 2
  • Infinity Gauntlet

SoapSuds

Prominent (43)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TormentedTurnip » October 10, 2014 7:32pm | Report
Yep, the first two episodes have done a great job of setting up the arc, and now ****'s about to get epic. I firmly believe this will be the best season between both series, and I just can't wait for the finale. I really, really want Korra to kick some series ****ing *** in this season.

But of course, the finale can wait - they completely nailed old Toph (who I'm positive has mastered lava bending too, btw) and her interactions with Korra are going to be so awesome.

By the way, am I the only one who audibly said "sheeeet" when the puppy (yellow spirit) pretty much confirmed Korra's hallucinations aren't mere hallucinations. I'm betting it's actually Raava trying to contact Korra, but she's unable to recognize it yet.

It was also nice to see that Aang retained some of his jovial nature, since the flashbacks we've seen of him so far all painted him in such a serious light.

TormentedTurnip
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Esteemed (96)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Greenevers » October 10, 2014 7:50pm | Report
Oh wow, that makes sense. How do you speculate about Toph knowing lava bending though?

Greenevers
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TormentedTurnip » October 10, 2014 7:59pm | Report
She's 86 and invented metal bending when she was, like, 12, and unlike most benders, she is much more in tune with earth bending - that is, since she's blind, she uses earth bending as her fifth sense, and therefore it's much more to her than simply throwing rocks (though, being Toph, she loves doing that too, haha). And to top it off the pot looks like it's being heated by lava rather than fire.

TormentedTurnip
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Esteemed (96)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by SoapSuds » October 10, 2014 8:39pm | Report
Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if she's a master lava bender by that point in her life, especially since she's been on her own for the longest time, giving her plenty of time to easily master something like lava.
Comic Series Currently Reading:
  • Wonder Woman Vol 2
  • Green Lantern Vol 2
  • Infinity Gauntlet

SoapSuds

Prominent (43)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Ninja Trigger » October 12, 2014 11:20pm | Report
SoapSuds wrote:

Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if she's a master lava bender by that point in her life, especially since she's been on her own for the longest time, giving her plenty of time to easily master something like lava.

the only reason I could see Toph not knowing Lava bending is if she never heard about, but that would be impossible since she went into hiding after Zaheer and the others were arrested by Zuko Sokka and Tanrock. Which is my best guess as to how Sokka kicked the bucket.

but I really wouldn't be to disappointed if she didn't spend the time learning it.
Sig by MiKurusu

Ninja Trigger

Memorable (14)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Greenevers » October 13, 2014 5:24am | Report
I mean if Toph made that revelation between lava and earth that's good and all but don't you think someone in the past should've made that connection too? Nobody was around to make the connection between metal and earth because the Fire Nation came out with all these metal inventions in their time period. Even if metalbending was discovered before it would have none to a limited use if any.

That being said, lava has always been in their world. Not necessarily the easiest thing to find but it's always been there. It could be that lavabending was just rediscovered and has been in the past or only a select few people have the ability per se Ghazan + Bo Lin.

Liek Toph stop being OP

(i swear to god i always think i respond to things and forget to press "POST REPLY")

Greenevers
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }