Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Jararo Natsu: A Community Overlook

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Thread Locked

This thread has been locked by the moderators, you cannot reply to it.

Forum » Off Topic » Jararo Natsu: A Community Overlook 24 posts - page 1 of 3
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » December 7, 2013 9:54pm | Report
JararoNatsu wrote:

"Oh it's my 1st guide ever" means "I made a bad guide, to not flame me".

You will be flamed.

Take a look at my Ao Kuang guide, and see why this guide is worthless. You give no explanation of items, of abilities, nor do you give any info on how to play her.

Another early guide.

Honestly, I don't know why people are making disparaging comments now.

JararoNatsu isn't exactly the most approachable person here, but I can still appreciate his contributions to this site. His post, or this one at least, isn't a flame, and it is quite concise and clear to my eyes. Just because the vehicle isn't nice doesn't mean it isn't a legitimate way of conveying a point.

He gives an example of a good guide, then puts down what the other dude doesn't have and needs. That's productive enough to me.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TormentedTurnip » December 7, 2013 10:08pm | Report
I, too, appreciate his contributions to the site. However, I see no reason why someone shouldn't put effort into shining their "vehicle" up. Get the message across in a way that can't incite retaliation, and instead strictly focuses on improvement instead of berating poor quality.

TormentedTurnip
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Esteemed (96)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » December 7, 2013 10:38pm | Report
If this was in reference to my blog post, again, I wasn't aiming it at him.

Why is this so hard to grasp
These are HUMAN BEINGS we are talking to on this site. The vehicle isn't nice, and THAT'S THE PROBLEM.
It's conveying a point but you don't make the person on the other end feel like **** doing it. This is a community website. Not everyone is a pro, nor do they expect to be a pro. You have no room to flame someone (even if it wasn't, in general) because of their guide. Downvote it and move on - the homepage will reflect who is good and who is bad.

Now that post isn't that bad. It was blunt and a tad rude, but it's accurate. I've seen actual people[/b] called worthless on here for the guides, though. That's unacceptable.

You don't have to like someone or their guide, just for god's (get it, god, smite, haha, that's why joke is) sake be civil about it. I do NOT want a toxic community either on this site or in the game.
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by MadDanny » December 7, 2013 10:46pm | Report
I think this should be in Off topic. But I'm not sure :/
This is my signature. It is full of vowels and consonants.
In-game name: MadDany

Owner of: SmiteFireGaming clan. Open for our SmiteFire community members
Pm or look for our thread(I'd prefer if you'd go to our threadsince I don't online that often.)
A.K.A.The Mad Priest

MadDanny

Prominent (34)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Ghraf » December 7, 2013 10:54pm | Report
I really don't understand what's going on in this topic, but I'm also really interested in seeing this guide if it's that bad.

I've only made one guide so far, which is (obviously) my first guide, and it took me maybe ~2 hours or so to put together the main parts and then editing on and off for the (still WIP that I'll probably never finish) strategy section. I didn't put a whole lot of effort into it (pretty basic BB coding and formatting) and I'll I've gotten so far are upvotes.

It really can't be that hard to make a decent guide, even if you half-*** it. So, people who get chewed out have it coming, because they're creating work intended for other people to look at, read, and follow. Just by publishing their guide they're opening themselves up to criticism.

Ghraf

Memorable (13)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » December 7, 2013 10:59pm | Report
I agree, but criticism should come with politeness, or at the least, civility. You don't have it coming no matter what. You can tell someone their guide is a PoS without being rude, at the simplest level.
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Ghraf » December 7, 2013 11:00pm | Report
Raventhor wrote:

I agree, but criticism should come with politeness, or at the least, civility. You don't have it coming no matter what. You can tell someone their guide is a PoS without being rude, at the simplest level.

Well, all I can say is this is the internet. What "should" be is definitely not going to be what actually happens. And calling something bad is calling it bad, regardless of how you put it, and that's the part that offends people.

In real life, if you write a **** book, critics are going to say it and thrash you all over the place. If you make a **** movie, the same thing will happen. When you put your work out for public consumption and care about whether or not people are going to criticize, it's probably best to not do it at all if you're aren't going to at least try to make it good.

Ghraf

Memorable (13)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by JararoNatsu » December 7, 2013 11:13pm | Report
Well... this is interesting.

Look, guys, I am sometimes rude, yes. I get that, and I have attempted to control myself and I like to think that I am getting better at this. To explain that further would be to explain the last four years of my life, which have involved more ups and downs emotionally as well as many other things.

But this, honestly, just hurts.

I apologize.

Check out my Artemis Guide and my Ao Kuang Guide!

JararoNatsu
<Veteran>

Distinguished (51)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » December 7, 2013 11:31pm | Report
Again, I deeply do not mean to make it sound like I'm referring to you! I assume it was taken that way, as I made a blog about first day guides myself and the reaction to it, and it was commented on, which I believe followed into this post, but my original statement in no way mentioned you!

I'm simply trying to keep the site positive, you're fine, sir. The quote wasn't even malicious! I know you're trying to do the same thing, so cheer up buddy, no faults :)
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by JararoNatsu » December 8, 2013 12:01am | Report
I'll try to believe that...

To make this clear, this has caused a depressive state of mind that I will not be able to break out of for the rest of the night. So thanks.

As such, Subzero, the next time you want to make a thread on me... don't.

Check out my Artemis Guide and my Ao Kuang Guide!

JararoNatsu
<Veteran>

Distinguished (51)
View My Blog

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }