Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Interview person below you

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Off Topic » Interview person below you 146 posts - page 15 of 15
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Pentargonite » December 1, 2014 12:37pm | Report
HolyPudding wrote:

3: Je ne sais quoi

Je ne le sais pas*
Sorry, I had to. Even though I hate French.

Pentargonite

Distinguished (62)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Reverend Belial » December 1, 2014 12:59pm | Report
1. The entire set of Crusades would have likely stopped then and there. Had they not made any progress then the popular support would have vanished and they would likely have given up. Also it's entirely possible that today's bouts of Islamic terrorist attacks may not have happened as I've been told they're apparently in response to the U.S.'s meddling in Kuwait, which they view as the start of a second bout of Crusades.
2. The westernized world would wear togas/tunics instead of shirts and pants, the middle ages as we know them would have never come to pass, the Huns wouldn't be seen as the scourge that we know them to be now, Greece would likely not exist as a country and the Seljuks would have had an easier time gaining a foothold in the Balkans.
3. Fundamentally not much would change, especially considering how until recently people thought it was just a legend and the settlement his family founded was abandoned almost immediately because for some reason the (at the time) advanced Danes couldn't hold off attacks from what were essentially Inuits.

Q
1. What if the Mamluks hadn't held off the Ilkhanate?
2. What if the Ming/Qing (your choice) had advanced as rapidly as Europe had?
3. What if the Danes had managed to keep their settlement in the new world, and repelled the natives?
Chaac and Ah baby! Chaac and Ah...

Reverend Belial

Remarkable (8)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by FerrumSlash » December 2, 2014 3:56am | Report

Q
1. What if the Mamluks hadn't held off the Ilkhanate?
2. What if the Ming/Qing (your choice) had advanced as rapidly as Europe had?
3. What if the Danes had managed to keep their settlement in the new world, and repelled the natives?

1. Mongolian Egypt.
2. Either one would start searching for riches the same way as Europe. European domination/colonialization of Asia would probably never happen because of either empire's power or the fear of jeopardizing trade between Europe and Asia. Probably Japan would be subjugated after a time, too. And Korea.
3. Viking America!!!!! (And probably Denmark would be either a formidable power in Europe or it would falter depending on their actions in the new world)

Q's :
1. What if Jebe hadn't died on his way back from the Kievan Rus conquest?
2. What if the Caliphate of Cordoba (aka al-Andalusia aka Muslim Iberia aka Moorish Iberia aka Moorish Spain) had maintained it's dominant power in Iberia?
3. What if Malcolm III had succeeded in his invasions of England?

FerrumSlash
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (70)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TheGenocideLord » December 2, 2014 4:00am | Report
Wait Erickson was Danish? I thought he was Icelandic lol
What my yearbook quote should be: "Fluorine Uranium Carbon Potassium Ytrrium Oxygen Uranium Bismuth Technetium Einsteinium"

TheGenocideLord

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (13)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Reverend Belial » December 2, 2014 10:28am | Report

Wait Erickson was Danish? I thought he was Icelandic lol

At the time there was no distinction between the two. Denmark settled Iceland, and his father was the one to settle Greenland.

1. He would likely have either come back to Russia and eventually stalled as composite bows don't fare well in cold, damp weather, or would have pressed further into China.
2. The Reconquista would have failed, but more likely than not France would have eventually turned it's attention and driven them out at a later date, though Iberia would likely be fundamentally changed.
3. Northumbria would have become a part of Scotland, though ultimately it would likely have been retaken at a later date.

Nice ones, I had to do some research for 1 and 3.

Q
1. What if the Huns had gone eastward instead of west?
2. What if Leonardo da Vinci's designs had actually been noticed and built by the other geniuses of the time?
3. Do you think we're monopolizing this thread a little too much?
Chaac and Ah baby! Chaac and Ah...

Reverend Belial

Remarkable (8)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by FerrumSlash » December 2, 2014 9:55pm | Report

Q
1. What if the Huns had gone eastward instead of west?
2. What if Leonardo da Vinci's designs had actually been noticed and built by the other geniuses of the time?
3. Do you think we're monopolizing this thread a little too much?

1. Expanding East would mean coming into contact with Asian kingdoms like the Three Kingdoms of Korea or the Japanese. While Korea would probably fall first to the lack of unified defense, Japan would not fall as easily as there are no records of Hunnic naval proficiency, and Hunnic war tactics involving massive use of cavalry would not be as effective in the unfamiliar mountaineous and hilly landscape of Japan.
2. Probably we in the 21st century would already have flying cars and hoverboards :3
3. Someone make a separate History thread!

Q's:
1. What if the Deluge never happened?
2. What if Napoleon Bonaparte hadn't taken power?
3. What if the Emperor of Japan hadn't successfully taken power by the end of the Bakumatsu Era/Boshin War?

FerrumSlash
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (70)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }