Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Check Mate

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Thread Locked

This thread has been locked by the moderators, you cannot reply to it.

Forum » Off Topic » Check Mate 34 posts - page 4 of 4
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TormentedTurnip » March 14, 2014 1:12pm | Report
arka222 wrote:

Posted today by somebody on reddit garnered 500 views. Whereas i was slaughtered on smitefire when did something like this long back. Wish to hiighlight the dominance of senior guys on smitefire. They can talk chat discuss watevr offtopic stuff they want but most of them bully new members for no reason.http://m.imgur.com/psFVhlR

Edit: http://www.reddit.com/r/Smite/comments/20c7od/smite_chess/

You weren't attacked for posting a picture of Smite's characters integrated into a game of chess, but rather you were told that just because this is the off-topic section of the forums does not mean the threads themselves have no topic. When you posted the original image (it's currently broken because of a bug in the site), there were only light-hearted replies, such as suggesting different gods for the rooks and bishops. I honestly don't know what my first reply meant, lol, it was quite a while ago - I had probably just watched a video where that was a one-liner joke, as I tend to copy phrases in a fad-like manner. Either way, none of us chastised you for your post.

The problem came about when you started posting random things in this thread as if it were a blog, or something. While I would have liked to congratulate you for making it into Silver League, it had absolutely nothing to do with the thread. And then you basically told members who asked you to stay on-topic to 'stop acting above your power.'

Please don't get the wrong idea; I'm not trying to harass you. But this thread does not adhere to the site's rules and we were just trying to get you to understand that you should have either created a new topic that could have provoked discussion, or you could have simply made a blogpost.

TormentedTurnip
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Esteemed (96)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by arka222 » March 14, 2014 5:25pm | Report
I agree with most of your words TT. Well i didn't want to create multiple threads for off topic stuff so dumped everything into one. Now i have fair idea where to put what..Well, my only issue is when a member is new , a gentle suggestion is fine for him. He doesn't know much how the site works. Also, bcz once he had made a mistake he can't correct it. Can only avoid making it the next time. So whole idea is to consider every member part of the smitefire clan/family whether he has 1 or 1000 postsl knows BB coding or not and give him time and space to learn tricks of the trade.
Fun and Heart
IGN: arka222
Clan: ARKA GANG
Motto: Never let the team down..find a way to win..
My Guide on Vulcan
A god idea...

arka222

Memorable (12)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TormentedTurnip » March 14, 2014 8:30pm | Report
I think the language barrier between us has played a significant role in your misconception that you were being attacked. I have reread the entire thread and honestly can't see what made you think you were being chastised, but I realize it's easy to misunderstand and misinterpret words in a secondary language. We simply stated the rules so that, like you mentioned, you wouldn't make the same ones in the future. The same will happen for newer members that make honest mistakes; we won't ridicule, we'll simply correct.

I hope I've provided a bit more clarity.

TormentedTurnip
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Esteemed (96)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by HiFromBuddha » March 20, 2014 11:18pm | Report
I have no idea where this is going. If you're going to make a topic, please just stick to one topic. If you do want to change the topic, just make a new thread. This thread has spiraled into pointlessness. Locking~
The top rated He Bo guide on SmiteFire!
My rather unimpressive and slowly growing anime list!
Currently watching:
    Punchline
Currently Reading:
    Utsuro no Hako to Zero Maria
    Nisekoi: False Love
    The World God Only Knows

HiFromBuddha
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (115)
View My Blog

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }