Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Best/Weirdest ads on the internet.

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Off Topic » Best/Weirdest ads on the internet. 24 posts - page 2 of 3
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TormentedTurnip » January 6, 2014 9:27am | Report
This one isn't the weirdest, but it's probably the most annoying. It's this little penguin hockey game that randomly pops up after a tab has already been open for several minutes. There is no escape and no volume button, and it is ****ing loud. I'll be watching a video (usually anime) with the volume up pretty high, and then this ******** ***********ing techno music starts blaring out of the speakers at roughly 150 decibels. Yes, it sounds pretty ******** close to a jet engine. It is the single reason I recently succumbed to downloading add-block.

TormentedTurnip
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Esteemed (96)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » January 6, 2014 10:28am | Report
The weirdest ad that I seen pop up before and I know you guys have seen it too so you will laugh when you recall it, is "One sneaky trick to a big d"

ICEN

Prominent (41)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Talenhiem » January 6, 2014 11:50am | Report
www. hurr-durr. com/ (WARNING: IF USING IE, DO NOT CLICK!)

Once, a youtube ad came up, and I accidentally clicked it. It brought me to this website. If you're using IE, its annoyingness factor goes up by over 9000. Not even joking. The only thing that I know works is Task Manager, not even restarting your computer removes it.

Talenhiem

Prominent (33)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by alphacar » January 6, 2014 12:40pm | Report
Them damn Wartune ads with the sexy cartoon ladies. NOBODY WANTS TO PLAY THE DAMN GAME KABAM!

alphacar

Memorable (13)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Dark Jaw » January 6, 2014 12:45pm | Report
alphacar wrote:

Them damn Wartune ads with the sexy cartoon ladies. NOBODY WANTS TO PLAY THE DAMN GAME KABAM!

There is also a damn game ad that keeps appearing on MobaFire, the one with the chicks of huge boobs. It's stupid, trying to make money with these ads... ugh

And no, I never clicked it, before someone ask.

Dark Jaw

Prominent (44)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by alphacar » January 6, 2014 1:03pm | Report
Those are the ones I'm talking about DarkJaw. FU WARTUNE!

alphacar

Memorable (13)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Dark Jaw » January 6, 2014 2:03pm | Report
alphacar wrote:

Those are the ones I'm talking about DarkJaw. FU WARTUNE!

OOOOOHH. Now everything makes sense!

Dark Jaw

Prominent (44)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by SoapSuds » January 6, 2014 2:38pm | Report
Saw an ad once for one of those stupid games that do advertising through the use of large breasted women. This one was particularly funny though because it had blue flashing lights around her breasts. Not entirely sure why I was enticed to do so (probably because I thought it was so funny and stupid at the same time, I was curious to see what the hell it was), I clicked one of the breasts, come to find out it didn't take me to their website, but it actually increased the size of that one breast. So, being as bored as I was, I made one huge and one tiny and had a good laugh about it.
Comic Series Currently Reading:
  • Wonder Woman Vol 2
  • Green Lantern Vol 2
  • Infinity Gauntlet

SoapSuds

Prominent (43)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by alphacar » January 6, 2014 5:01pm | Report
SoapSuds wrote:

Saw an ad once for one of those stupid games that do advertising through the use of large breasted women. This one was particularly funny though because it had blue flashing lights around her breasts. Not entirely sure why I was enticed to do so (probably because I thought it was so funny and stupid at the same time, I was curious to see what the hell it was), I clicked one of the breasts, come to find out it didn't take me to their website, but it actually increased the size of that one breast. So, being as bored as I was, I made one huge and one tiny and had a good laugh about it.

I would like a link to the website.

alphacar

Memorable (13)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » January 6, 2014 5:48pm | Report
Talenhiem wrote:

www.hurr-durr.com/ (WARNING: IF USING IE, DO NOT CLICK!)

Once, a youtube ad came up, and I accidentally clicked it. It brought me to this website. If you're using IE, its annoyingness factor goes up by over 9000. Not even joking. The only thing that I know works is Task Manager, not even restarting your computer removes it.

Dude, you just gave a link to a site with a Trojan Horse, apparently. >=(

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }