Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

The Great Old One: AMC's New Skin

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » News » The Great Old One: AMC's New Skin 24 posts - page 1 of 3
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Alan LaFleur » May 12, 2014 9:11pm | Report

Earlier today, Hi-Rez made an elaborate event out of a new skin for Ah Muzen Cab. The event was basically a takeover of media by The Great Old One, basically Cthulhu. While the stream was freaking out due to "interference" from The Great Old One, chat was freaking out trying to figure out which god was getting a Cthulhu skin. I'll admit, I didn't think AMC when I thought Cthulhu.

Here is the renders and concept art that was released today:

The skin should hit the game some time this week. What do you think about Cthulhu AMC? Would you rather see another god with a Cthulhu skin?

Alan LaFleur

Remarkable (6)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » May 13, 2014 12:09am | Report
Eh...it doesn't really seem to fit the god. I mean, come on, Chthullu? He just looks kinda goofy. Maybe on Scylla, it'd be freaky, with all the tentacles, but the single one on his arm looks kinda sad. It needs at least two tentacles, not just one.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by PhilipsTV » May 13, 2014 2:20am | Report
Subzero008 wrote:

Eh...it doesn't really seem to fit the god. I mean, come on, Chthullu? He just looks kinda goofy. Maybe on Scylla, it'd be freaky, with all the tentacles, but the single one on his arm looks kinda sad. It needs at least two tentacles, not just one.

100% agreed with you on this but might be a problem for them with Scylla being female though.

PhilipsTV

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Odd Arcade » May 13, 2014 3:51am | Report
Wish Cthulhu was released :(

Odd Arcade
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Prominent (46)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by MadDanny » May 13, 2014 4:53am | Report
Okay. Is Hi-Rez just going to start making "God Skins" for the current Gods just so they wont have to make the actual God? :/
This is my signature. It is full of vowels and consonants.
In-game name: MadDany

Owner of: SmiteFireGaming clan. Open for our SmiteFire community members
Pm or look for our thread(I'd prefer if you'd go to our threadsince I don't online that often.)
A.K.A.The Mad Priest

MadDanny

Prominent (34)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Nex The Slayer » May 13, 2014 6:00am | Report
MadDanny wrote:

Okay. Is Hi-Rez just going to start making "God Skins" for the current Gods just so they wont have to make the actual God? :/

No.
They made this skin because Cthulhu will probably never be added to Smite as a playable character.

I don't really know how to explain this, but he isn't a "mythological god". He was VERY recent made compared to the other gods in Smite and he doesn't really belong to a pantheon (yes I know that Lovecraft made up multiple gods and that some people worship them), he was just a character in a couple of books. If they added him then they might as well add Shuma-Gorath (Marvel villain and god of the chaos dimension) which deviates to much from the "battleground of the gods" theme.

Nex The Slayer

Prominent (37)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by darkliriel » May 13, 2014 6:57am | Report
I'd personally rather see an actual playable Cthulhu instead of an AMC skin :/

darkliriel

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TheAmazingComicBookGuy » May 13, 2014 7:09am | Report
Guys, Cthulhu is not an actual god, he was a character in a couple of novels. He would never be included in smite anyways. On the other side, this skin is kinda cool, but I would like to see the coloring first.

TheAmazingComicBookGuy

Prominent (47)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Aj17 » May 13, 2014 9:59am | Report
omg yes
gUise iM goen AD Ymir, Wee gOt diS.... hue hue hue hue hue

Aj17

Notable (4)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Ninja Trigger » May 13, 2014 10:13am | Report
I always thought Cthulhu came from one of the first editions of DnD
Sig by MiKurusu

Ninja Trigger

Memorable (14)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }