Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

The Great Old One: AMC's New Skin

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » News » The Great Old One: AMC's New Skin 24 posts - page 3 of 3
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by guamguy » May 15, 2014 2:38pm | Report
for the people who would rather play Cthulhu instead of getting a skin for him (which i am) should probably know that Cthulhu isn't exactly a god... he's more of a fantastical being rather than a deity. Sure some people may worship him, but for the most part he's not actually a member of any recognized pantheon of gods.
A MIGHTY STORM!

guamguy

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Reverend Belial » May 15, 2014 6:13pm | Report
Neither is Arachne, or Bakasura, or Hercules, or Fenrir, or... You get the point. They don't have to be an actual god to be included. I don't think they should, but they have just as much right as most of the other characters.
Chaac and Ah baby! Chaac and Ah...

Reverend Belial

Remarkable (8)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Aphnex » May 15, 2014 6:27pm | Report
guamguy wrote:

for the people who would rather play Cthulhu instead of getting a skin for him (which i am) should probably know that Cthulhu isn't exactly a god... he's more of a fantastical being rather than a deity. Sure some people may worship him, but for the most part he's not actually a member of any recognized pantheon of gods.

Well...not exactly. He is technically a god, but not a god as we know it.

You see, SMITE has wide variety of gods from various pantheons due to their ancient history of war and combat. Some are heroes, gods of nature, even death. You're right, Cthulhu doesn't have a pantheon. He has never been worshiped for thousands of years like these have...far from it; consider: 1928, first appearing as a short story in a magazine, and it's writer was H.P Lovecraft. By the term "cosmic entity" they use to describe him in the stories made years later due to popular demand, it is basically mighty beings that are said to be created from nothingness, as if appearing out of no where from otherworldly beings, the cosmos. They are highly considered being that are worshiped and have divine powers compared to mortal everyday humans (consider Guan Yu), so if, in it's own rights of course, he were implimented as a god in Smite, he would've fit pretty well. Lore? Check. Abilites? Read the story, then check. Epic design? Checkaroonie.

Aphnex

Prominent (30)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TheGenocideLord » May 15, 2014 6:34pm | Report
It would be cool if Smite added unofficial Pantheons such as: the Cthulhu mythos (I really would love to play Cthuga)
the New Gods and the residents of Apokolips (Darkseid) from DC
and the Triforce goddesses from Legend of Zelda
What my yearbook quote should be: "Fluorine Uranium Carbon Potassium Ytrrium Oxygen Uranium Bismuth Technetium Einsteinium"

TheGenocideLord

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (13)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }