Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Thanatos Patch 9-9-2013

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » News » Thanatos Patch 9-9-2013 25 posts - page 2 of 3
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by RevanClaw » September 18, 2013 1:53am | Report
HiFromBuddha wrote:

Don't you dare...

DDDDDDDDDDDUUUUUUUNNNNNNNNNNNNNNKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKZZZZZZZZZZZZ

RevanClaw

Notable (4)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by All4Games » September 18, 2013 2:00am | Report
Thanatos looks like a new troll god which we haven't seen since trollos and now we will have trolltos or trollatos which ever you prefere.

Most of the changes look justifies. I will have a lot of fun with mini baka's.
They kinda just killed nezha with this nerf. I thougt ne zha is in a good place before. Still strong but not as power full as before .
never forget dawngate and never forgive EA. Freia will hunt them for eternity.

All4Games

Distinguished (54)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by RazeMage » September 18, 2013 3:08am | Report
okay, the edit is done, any suggestion or bug about the bb code in this one will be appreciated :) my first time doing this anyway

RazeMage
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (58)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by RazeMage » September 18, 2013 3:23am | Report
Question, which one do you prefer :

For items, actives and consumables :

like this

Deathbringer
blablablabla

or

blablabla

or

Deathbringer

blablabla

or

Deathbringer

Additionally, which one do you prefer for god also?

RazeMage
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (58)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by All4Games » September 18, 2013 3:41am | Report
Option 3 for both
never forget dawngate and never forgive EA. Freia will hunt them for eternity.

All4Games

Distinguished (54)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Nex The Slayer » September 18, 2013 4:24am | Report
And here I was hating Freyas Valkyrie's Discretion because I thought it was stupidly good at finishing people of, and then Thanatos walks up to her and says "***** please". Besides that I am curies on how he will turn out, hopefully he will be balanced but I fear he might be like Ne Zha when he was first released (Once you get 3-5 kills, you are unstoppable)

What doses Hi-rez have against spiders!? Arachne is already rock bottom and they nerf not one, but TWO things that she had going for her (crazy early game and a cripple).

The new Hades skin looks BADASS, to bad I can�t enjoy it because THEY NERFED THE ONLY THING GOOD ABOUT HIM -_-. I love Hades, but he is one of the worst tanks in the game. He has barely any CC compared to other tanks and nothing to counter it except a ok heal and his ultimate (which they nerfed). He needs a buff/rework badly.

Nex The Slayer

Prominent (37)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Blissey1 » September 18, 2013 4:48am | Report
am I the only one not really feeling for Hades? I mean, he lost 5 base damage and 5% scaling. Compared to nerfs I've seen in other games, that's pretty damn miniscule.

now arachne, that was a nerf that I feel for. and I don't even play arachne!

Blissey1

Remarkable (6)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Romanians » September 18, 2013 5:59am | Report
" Combat Blink
No longer usable when Crippled.
The cooldown has been increased from 120s to 180s. "

I'm very happy with that nerf , I was kind of sick of enemies getting away during my Freya's ultimate or two .

Not really happy with Arachne's nerf , I don't think that she needed the nerf from all assassins .

I was expecting a better Artemis buff but that will do it .All abilities should require less mana , same for Vulcan .

I was also expecting a new passive for Bastet , but the cats lasting longer to kill the enemy will be better than nothing .

Ne Zha : I just played him yesterday for the first time , I really wanted to buy him after I will get Golden Freya .Now with this nerf I don't know whether to be happy (saved 5500 favour) or sad .

Small Tyr buff , really not needed .Somebody at Hirez must really love Tyr a lot .

As for the new god , logging in to try him as I post this .

This is a very good patch for me since Freya and Chang'e got no nerf .

Romanians

Established (17)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » September 18, 2013 6:49am | Report
Ok, my take on the new god, Thanatos:
He is an assassin very similar to Kali, excluding ultimate. He has his auto attack/speed steroid (His Penetration/Speed, her Attack/Speed, speed), they both have their small cone, the only difference is kali has an AoE, he has a linear skillshot. Neither have a dash.

This is how I view Thanatos's Playstyle. His entire engagement technique, being that he has relatively no CC outside slows, is going to be his 1 slow with 2 speed steroid - nothing like an Armillary Sash or Brutalize or Assassinate. His ult is ONLY a finisher - that stun is not going to be worth sacrificing guaranteeing his kill with his only distance-closer.

So Thanatos's playstyle becomes run headstrong at the enemy, exactly the same as Kali, and do a lot of damage. As such, while in actual duels he's very strong, he's going to be a great jungler, very underwhelming ganker.

In arena, if he has a hard engage tank that can initiate well, he will absolutely destroy.
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by RazeMage » September 18, 2013 7:25am | Report
Hmm, haven't seen Thanatos god icons, they should give editor the power to add gods :P

RazeMage
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (58)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }