Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

SMITEFire Season 7 Guide Contest Winners!

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » News » SMITEFire Season 7 Guide Contest Winners! 41 posts - page 3 of 5
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Gulfwulf » March 6, 2020 4:20pm | Report
xmysterionz wrote:
Your lies don't convince me anymore :p

Gulfwulf
<Guardian Master>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Esteemed (81)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Vini_sds » March 6, 2020 6:09pm | Report
Well, I’m not saying that there’s a pattern or anything, but in both years I won in the category that Gulf judged.

Any chance that you’re going to judge Mages next year?

Vini_sds
<Gladiator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (13)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Gulfwulf » March 6, 2020 6:34pm | Report
Vini_sds wrote:

Well, I’m not saying that there’s a pattern or anything, but in both years I won in the category that Gulf judged.

Any chance that you’re going to judge Mages next year?

Nope.

Gulfwulf
<Guardian Master>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Esteemed (81)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Perfxction » March 9, 2020 1:30am | Report
Both winners in the mage category feature spear of the magus as a core item in their build for isis as well as kukulkan. The item is currently the worst mage item in the game and the only god that should even think about buying it is kukulkan (that is not just my opinion but also stated by SPL midlane players).
I would like an explanation on how guides that recommend bad items to new players can win in a guide contest. I'm not even trying to be rude but there is a reason people think this site is full of bad advice if even the winners of a contest recommend bad builds.
Both builds also dont even state that coin is an item in the game. and its the best pen item and almost always better than shard.

Perfxction

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Hades4u » March 9, 2020 2:41am | Report
Perfxction wrote:

Both winners in the mage category feature spear of the magus as a core item in their build for isis as well as kukulkan. The item is currently the worst mage item in the game and the only god that should even think about buying it is kukulkan (that is not just my opinion but also stated by SPL midlane players).
I would like an explanation on how guides that recommend bad items to new players can win in a guide contest. I'm not even trying to be rude but there is a reason people think this site is full of bad advice if even the winners of a contest recommend bad builds.
Both builds also dont even state that coin is an item in the game. and its the best pen item and almost always better than shard.

Hello!

Whenever we are hosting a guide contest, the best guides that have been created or updated during the contest period will be selected as winners. Builds can vary based on experience and preference.

Your feedback is important and it can make a difference. Whenever you find something in a guide that can be improved, feel free to let the author know and I'm sure they will update their guide accordingly based on your feedback. :)

We are doing our best to get quality guides on our website, but it's not an easy task. This has been the first guide contest I've supervised myself and I can say that I've had a lot to learn. The next guide contest for Season 8 when the time comes will be improved, based on the experience of this one and also feedback provided.

I hope to see more authors creating guides next time and I also invite you to give the contest a shot! Till then, you can also let me know what you would like to see changed regarding the guide contests and I'll see what can be done.

Thank you for your comment though, I hope the authors of the guides you're referring to will see this comment and revise their guides if needed! :)
Hades4u
<Community Manager>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (54)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by xmysterionz » March 9, 2020 2:49am | Report
Perfxction wrote:

Just wanna point that a guide isn't only the build, it is all the write up and even the BBcode, we can't just look at 1 build and due an item missing or 1 item wrong we just ignore the entire guide.

Also, judges have to choose between the options available, if there was no better options (not saying the guides chosen were bad, just using them as example), what else judges would do since none of judges' guides can win?

xmysterionz
<Sharpshooter>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (71)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Setolino » March 9, 2020 2:49am | Report
Perfxction wrote:

It's not like Spear of Magus is completly busted. It still works on certain gods, espesically well on Anubis and somewhat on KKK. Not sure why Charon Choin isn't core on Isis though, pretty much all Master player get it on her as atleast the 3rd item.
"Wololol" -Age of Empires

Setolino
<Godlike>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (18)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Kriega1 » March 9, 2020 4:05am | Report
Perfxction wrote:

It's obviously trash on Isis, but even on Kukulkan it isn't that good. Only benefits his 3, and unless you can get someone to stand in Whirlwind for more than a second you're not really gaining benefit from a fully stacked magus.

On Anubis it's bad on his 3, would be ok on his 1 except it's a melee range self-root ability, leaving just his ult which uses it pretty well.

Can have some application on Ares as well I think since it buffs the 3 and the 1 ok.

So anyone other than Anubis or maybe Ares jungle, never buy this item.

Perfxction wrote:

I would like an explanation on how guides that recommend bad items to new players can win in a guide contest.

Because there weren't many other guides uploaded to a decent enough quality. Some had better builds, but very short writeups. It's nothing new though. I remember a Skadi guide that recommended crit on her won before.

Perfxction wrote:

I'm not even trying to be rude but there is a reason people think this site is full of bad advice if even the winners of a contest recommend bad builds.

That's because IT IS full of bad advice. This site is a mix of some ok, a few good, many bad, and some pure troll builds. To find the good ones you have to cherry pick. Not to mention even some of the few decent builds/guides can get outdated quickly. This site will continue to have it's reputation for being bad as long as the current rules are in place, and since there's no official ruleset for what a build must contain to remain uploaded, hence any trash can be just added.

Perfxction wrote:

Yeah, also the Isis guide seems like it only had some of the writing updated, but builds were left untouched despite "S7" being slapped on the title. If it was up to me i'd judge the builds before they can be updated later, but hopefully the author updates the builds at a later point so as not to misinform readers.

Kriega1

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (143)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Kriega1 » March 9, 2020 4:07am | Report
Setolino wrote:

It's not like Spear of Magus is completly busted. It still works on certain gods, espesically well on Anubis and somewhat on KKK. Not sure why Charon Choin isn't core on Isis though, pretty much all Master player get it on her as atleast the 3rd item.

Uh, Anubis it's works ok, only works great on the ult and mediocre on his 1/3.

Kriega1

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (143)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Kriega1 » March 9, 2020 4:08am | Report
xmysterionz wrote:

Just wanna point that a guide isn't only the build, it is all the write up and even the BBcode, we can't just look at 1 build and due an item missing or 1 item wrong we just ignore the entire guide.

Not just 1 item though, the builds were practically left the same in the case of the Isis guide, not sure about the Kuku one yet as author hasn't responded.

Kriega1

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (143)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }