Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Nu Wa Patch 5th December 2013

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » News » Nu Wa Patch 5th December 2013 68 posts - page 5 of 7
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by SoapSuds » December 5, 2013 12:40am | Report
Phil725 wrote:
If you're playing Chang'E as a character who just sits back, heals and supports your team, you're playing her wrong. She's a damage mage on the frontline.

Granted, I don't play ranked, nor do I really play much conquest anymore, so it's probably a different story. However, I have played her in Assault and Arena a decent amount of times, and I've gotten mostly success by playing her as a more support role. Sure, I'll go in to damage and possibly get heals, but more times than not, I feel I'm more helpful focusing as support and most of the time, it shows. I might not be playing her to her full damage potential, but I think it's safe to say that Chang'e has/had the potential to also be a very successful support character, which is what I wish her nerfs/buffs centered more around. I wish that they would just nerf her Ult a bit. That's really what needs it.
Comic Series Currently Reading:
  • Wonder Woman Vol 2
  • Green Lantern Vol 2
  • Infinity Gauntlet

SoapSuds

Prominent (43)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Phil725 » December 5, 2013 12:53am | Report
Assault is completely different. Healing and sustain are broken in that mode, so you should be playing her like that there. Her healing is way more valuable than her damage in that case. Her ult is just silly in a hallway battlefield too. I'm really curious what her win percentage in assault is, it has to be huge.

I don't really like her in arena, personally. Enemies are often too spread out to get a lot of use out of her 1 and ult, and sustain is pretty much useless; you have a fight, back, have a fight. She's still a good mage, but burst damagers like He Bo and Zeus rule for a reason.

I'm in the minority, but I think she fits better as a mage/solo laner than a healing based support mage. The problem with making her a support healer is that Hel already has that role. It's tough to balance it so that you don't have one clearly outclassing the other. I think both are viable in their own roles right now (Chang just has a little too much atm.) I like it that way.

As far as her actually being the support in the duo lane, I don't see it. Chang is a character who dominates when ahead and melts when she's behind. Supports need to play the whole game down on gold, I don't see how she would survive.

Phil725

Remarkable (5)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » December 5, 2013 1:12am | Report
I've played support Chang'e, and believe me, she works. Or at least, worked before this patch. You could essentially stay in lane forever, since you could just buy whatever you needed and your lane partner was also being bombarded with healing. Your ultimate is an idiotproof way to secure a gank, and the waveclear wasn't bad, either.

Note: Hel is just as much of a support as Chang'e, in that neither of them are true supports. They're mages. Hel is like a supercharged Chang'e minus her ultimate, which Chang'e is a pathetic Hel with a broken ult.

Phil725 wrote:
If you're playing Chang'E as a character who just sits back, heals and supports your team, you're playing her wrong. She's a damage mage on the frontline.

Don't be presumptuous. There has plenty of support gods/champions/heroes that "just" support. God, that statement makes me so irritated.

You should be healing as much as possible, or else that heal spot on your abilities is wasted. In the midst of that, you should try to stay alive by using your two. If you can use your ultimate, great. Your one is used to harass, to discourage attackers, to apply CC with Gem of Isolation, or to secure kills. It is NOT used for damage. If you want damage, you should have picked Poseidon or Ra, not Chang'e.

Priority List:

1: Ultimate/Heals
1.5: Debuffs only if useful
2: Staying Alive
3: Damage

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Romanians » December 5, 2013 1:23am | Report
This patch got me half happy half mad :

Happy for the new god I've been waiting for a while now .She seems so very interesting to play , she has some unique abilities there .Can't wait for the patch to be over .

SO MAD because ... I really don't understand what the hell is wrong with Hi-rez .Why do these guys keep killing Chang'e .You made her cooldowns lame , you made her 2 shorter , , you gave her 3 a basic attack's worth of damage while removing the heal bonus (that was a huge nerf in my opinion) and now you are taking away the low already damage on her 1 .Dammit Hi-rez .
She is one of the very few gods that can't kill an enemy squishy with her full set of abilities(without polynomicon) while other mages and even a support CAN (Hel) .And Hel is the one getting buffed .... Sweet Jesus Hi-rez .I guess too many newbies complained on Reddit about getting owned by Chang'es when they should just freaking learn to counter this god .

Romanians

Established (17)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Phil725 » December 5, 2013 1:26am | Report
We'll just have to disagree about Chang'E's role, I guess. You say play Poseidon if you want damage, but I say play Hel if you want healing. Chang'E is great because she can do so much damage while 'also' healing.

Her utility is what makes her really great. She has a heal that you can't ignore, damage that you can't ignore, and she's really hard to kill. All I'm saying is that you need to be taking advantage of all of that to get the most out of Chang'E. There are better damage mages and a better healer. There's no one who can do both as well as her.

Romanians wrote:

This patch got me half happy half mad :

Happy for the new god I've been waiting for a while now .She seems so very interesting to play , she has some unique abilities there .Can't wait for the patch to be over .

SO MAD because ... I really don't understand what the hell is wrong with Hi-rez .Why do these guys keep killing Chang'e .You made her cooldowns lame , you made her 2 shorter , , you gave her 3 a basic attack's worth of damage while removing the heal bonus (that was a huge nerf in my opinion) and now you are taking away the low already damage on her 1 .Dammit Hi-rez .
She is one of the very few gods that can't kill an enemy squishy with her full set of abilities(without polynomicon) while other mages and even a support CAN (Hel) .And Hel is the one getting buffed .... Sweet Jesus Hi-rez .I guess too many newbies complained on Reddit about getting owned by Chang'es when they should just freaking learn to counter this god .

First pick/banned in ranked since last patch...

Phil725

Remarkable (5)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by HiFromBuddha » December 5, 2013 2:40am | Report
Please format this soon. I want to chuck this up on the front page as soon as possible.
The top rated He Bo guide on SmiteFire!
My rather unimpressive and slowly growing anime list!
Currently watching:
    Punchline
Currently Reading:
    Utsuro no Hako to Zero Maria
    Nisekoi: False Love
    The World God Only Knows

HiFromBuddha
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (115)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by RazeMage » December 5, 2013 3:07am | Report
After all, the video hasn't been uploaded by hirez yet :D

And I think it deserve front page only if skills are already added

RazeMage
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (58)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Vaeldyn » December 5, 2013 3:59am | Report
So is she a mage or a tank? I think I read sth about mage^^

You think Chaac will finally be a new tank? (We need more tanks! And not ****tanks like Vulcan, more like Athena/Sobek/Ymir!)

Vaeldyn

Notable (4)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by MadDanny » December 5, 2013 5:37am | Report
Oh god... A Magical Loki variant. Not good... Not good at all! D:
This is my signature. It is full of vowels and consonants.
In-game name: MadDany

Owner of: SmiteFireGaming clan. Open for our SmiteFire community members
Pm or look for our thread(I'd prefer if you'd go to our threadsince I don't online that often.)
A.K.A.The Mad Priest

MadDanny

Prominent (34)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by RazeMage » December 5, 2013 5:38am | Report
That's the best edit i could do for now. I'm in the middle of my final test now, need to study (one more day :D)

RazeMage
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (58)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }