Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Nu Wa Patch 5th December 2013

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » News » Nu Wa Patch 5th December 2013 68 posts - page 3 of 7
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by RazeMage » December 4, 2013 8:11pm | Report
Is the fog visible?

RazeMage
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (58)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by JararoNatsu » December 4, 2013 8:18pm | Report
We currently do not know. I would imagine that it is, in fact, visible. It follows Nu Wa, so it will most likely be a solid object.

Check out my Artemis Guide and my Ao Kuang Guide!

JararoNatsu
<Veteran>

Distinguished (51)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by RazeMage » December 4, 2013 8:32pm | Report
Heh, chang'e will counter it then. 5s stun on the fog XD

RazeMage
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (58)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » December 4, 2013 8:36pm | Report
New goddess scares me. Flame strike from point blank will deal a total of 405 base + 120% scaling. Even if it is from point-blank, it's still terrifying.

I'm sad that they didn't balance most of the gods. And Chang'e did not need that healing nerf. Now she can be considered the worst healer in the game, while Hel becomes an even better support.

Ne Zha's dash still isn't CC immune - if Agni and Xbalanque get CC-immune dashes, why not Ne Zha on his freaking ultimate?

Sun Wukong gets whacked again with the nerf bat.

And Zeus gets a small nerf.

Overall, I'm kind of disappointed.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by SoapSuds » December 4, 2013 8:44pm | Report
Subzero008 wrote:
I'm sad that they didn't balance most of the gods. And Chang'e did not need that healing nerf. Now she can be considered the worst healer in the game, while Hel becomes an even better support.

Sadly, it's pretty much like you've been saying. They're moving her more away from a good support to another mage with some support. The only thing that should have been nerfed on her was her ult. That could have used a bit of a rework on the stun and even a bit of damage. But, they don't do anything to that and just nerf her support skills. It's really a shame. I always have so much fun with her playing a support role. I'm sure I still will have fun playing support with her, but nerfing her heal is something that did not need to happen.
Comic Series Currently Reading:
  • Wonder Woman Vol 2
  • Green Lantern Vol 2
  • Infinity Gauntlet

SoapSuds

Prominent (43)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by JararoNatsu » December 4, 2013 8:47pm | Report
So what I am hearing... is that it is very possible that Chang'e will be FUBAR (****ed Up Beyond All Repair) like Hel was pre-rework. Great...

The changes that Hi-Rez is making to her are very unnecessary, yes.

Check out my Artemis Guide and my Ao Kuang Guide!

JararoNatsu
<Veteran>

Distinguished (51)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » December 4, 2013 8:50pm | Report
Phil725 wrote:

It's nice that Nu Wa looks so good, because everything else about this patch is just terrible. I thought HiRez was starting to put forth a serious effort to balance the game after the last patch (which was a step in the right direction,) and then this one comes out and just falls back into the same trap of trying to change the game around low level casual outcomes and adding OP stuff for flash.

I don't know why there's absolutely no effort to balance the game around competitive play. They won't even add extra bans to ranked to make up for the fact that there are almost ten gods that should be banned. The lack of nerfs to gods like Agni, He Bo and Mercury just shows either complete cluelessness, or a set of priorities that worries me about the future of the game. Who wants to play a game that's all about adding new stuff, and not about creating a balanced environment? It's a bad trap to fall into when you just care about the instant gratification. The new god looks great! it'll be loads of fun to have 'another' god that needs banned or played in every match.

This.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by RazeMage » December 4, 2013 9:08pm | Report
Umm, i played chang'e arena and she is good

RazeMage
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (58)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Phil725 » December 4, 2013 9:11pm | Report
JararoNatsu wrote:

So what I am hearing... is that it is very possible that Chang'e will be FUBAR (****ed Up Beyond All Repair) like Hel was pre-rework. Great...

The changes that Hi-Rez is making to her are very unnecessary, yes.

They FUBAR'd Chang'e last patch when they took her only weakness (early lane clear,) and made it into a strength. She's been banned/first pick in ranked since, and this lolnerf does nothing to change that. She's losing one shot from an archer minion worth of heal at max rank. .2 seconds on her 2 isn't much either. She can still use it to counter pretty much any big ability since it procs so fast, it just won't last forever on the back end.

She always had some of the best utility in the game, and she's possibly the most devastating god in the game when ahead. The fact that she has such a strong early game now means that a team needs to put an extra effort into keeping her down. Arachne is a similar concept; it's not that you can't beat them, it's that it requires more coordination and planning than normal. That creates an imbalanced environment when we're talking about solo queue.

Chang'e is just a problematic god. Her kit is so strong that she needs to lose some utility, otherwise she's just gonna bounce back and forth between OP and too weak to use.

Also, the Arachne buff/no nerf in this patch is probably the most confusing thing. I get it; Agni is Hirez' baby and he's never losing the ridiculous CC immunity on his dash, same with He Bo nerfs. Arachne has been consistently nerfed to hell, only now she's a solo queue plague that's been unleashed on both ranked and casual, and nothing.

Phil725

Remarkable (5)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » December 4, 2013 9:17pm | Report
Phil725 wrote:

They FUBAR'd Chang'e last patch when they took her only weakness (early lane clear,) and made it into a strength. She's been banned/first pick in ranked since, and this lolnerf does nothing to change that. She's losing one shot from an archer minion worth of heal at max rank. .2 seconds on her 2 isn't much either. She can still use it to counter pretty much any big ability since it procs so fast, it just won't last forever on the back end.

She always had some of the best utility in the game, and she's possibly the most devastating god in the game when ahead. The fact that she has such a strong early game now means that a team needs to put an extra effort into keeping her down. Arachne is a similar concept; it's not that you can't beat them, it's that it requires more coordination and planning than normal. That creates an imbalanced environment when we're talking about solo queue.

Chang'e is just a problematic god. Her kit is so strong that she needs to lose some utility, otherwise she's just gonna bounce back and forth between OP and too weak to use.

Also, the Arachne buff in this patch is probably the most confusing one. I get it; Agni is Hirez' baby and he's never losing the ridiculous CC immunity on his dash, same with He Bo nerfs. Arachne has been consistently nerfed to hell, only now she's a solo queue plague that's been unleashed on both ranked and casual, and nothing.

Wow, I did not expect this.

If they wanted to increase or decrease her damage, they should've changed her one. The additional damage on her heal feels weird, and since they just nerfed it big time, it feels unnecessary to have it in the first place.

Chang'e's 2 is really a weird leap. Someone like Anhur can also avoid ults with timing.

Her heal has been reduced to oblivion, when it should've been upped. The thing people complain about her most - her ult, hasn't been changed at all.

And no, I can say that she doesn't have a good early game, where her waveclear's the weakest. I've seen and played Chang'e in ranked and unranked, so I'd know.

Overall, I can't say Chang'e is OP right now. I've seen her lose as often as she wins.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }