Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Introducing: SMITE Season 4

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » News » Introducing: SMITE Season 4 5 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Dash » January 5, 2017 2:59pm | Report

Choo-Choo all aboard the Hype Train, Season 4 is pulling into the station and taking everyone on a loving trip to win's-ville. In all seriousness Season 4 is bringing about a host of changes including a re-vamp of Clash which will be done in the style of the Egyptian Pantheon, the Celtic Pantheon is making its grand debut, and finally,Starter Builds and Items are getting a change. To learn more check out the official release below.

Clash Revamp and Update

The battle raging on the Greek Isles has moved to the middle of Egypt! Clash has been updated with a whole new map themed around the Egyptian Pantheon, complete with new structures, statues, and a backdrop featuring the Pyramids of Egypt. Clash is also seeing significant gameplay changes. The Fire Giant and Gold Fury have been removed and the map has new walls, directing people towards the center of the map where they face a new threat: Apophis.

Apophis is a new boss battle, exclusive to the new Clash Map. As the battle rages on, Apophis spawns, ready to give his favor to those who best him in combat. Beware: he is no pushover.

Celtic Pantheon is here. The Morrigan arrives.

The Morrigan will join the roster of SMITE gods and usher in the brand new Celtic Pantheon. This deceptive Mage can take the form of any God on the battleground, using their strengths against them and deceiving her opponents. We are excited to explore the gods available in the Celtic pantheon and bring them to you over the course of Season 4.

Players will be able to learn more about The Morrigan and the Celtic Pantheon with the Celtic Event happening early this year. Similar to the Rising Dawn, players will be able to unlock a myriad of content by playing an interactive board game during the Path of the Phantom Queen. Test your fate by rolling the dice and completing the challenges set in your path to unlock rewards.

New Items, Consumables, and Balance Changes

There is also no shortage of balance changes happening in Season 4. The biggest goal going into Season 4 has been to give players more choice in their Starter Builds. Traditionally players would pick up their favorite starter Item, Boots, and Potions before heading off to lane. In Season 4, all tier one items have been re-balanced and repriced to be paired with a starter item, giving players control of their builds in a way they haven’t had before.

Consumables are also receiving a large number of additions. Players will be able to experiment with new starting consumables as well as high-cost and powerful late-game consumables. These consumables will provide players with late-game power and utility at a high price.

League Splits and Updates

Ranked play is also seeing a few changes. Season 4 will begin fresh, with all player’s divisions and hidden MMR being reset. If you have ever wanted to show your stuff now is the time to hop in and make your mark! Season 4 Ranked will also be divided into Splits. Following the Pro Scene, Ranked will be divided similar segmented times of play. As each Split comes to an end, players will be rewarded for their achievements and the ladder will see a soft reset, giving players a new chance to climb the ladder.

These changes combined with other item, God, and Conquest Map adjustments will give players a chance to learn and explore a new meta with large amount of variety and show off their skills while doing it. While these are some of the biggest changes coming, we have many more surprises in store for Season 4.

Dash

Memorable (13)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Technotoad64 » January 6, 2017 7:43am | Report
#ffe699 #ffff99 #e6ff99 #ccff99 #afff99 #99ff99 #99ffb3 #99ffcc #99fff3 #99f3ff #99e6ff #99ccff
#ffcc33 #ffff33 #ccff33 #99ff33 #66ff33 #33ff33 #33ff66 #33ff99 #33ffcc #33ffff #33ccff #3399ff
#cc9900 #cccc00 #99cc00 #66cc00 #33cc00 #00cc00 #00cc33 #00cc66 #00cc99 #00cccc #0099cc #0066cc
#664d00 #666600 #4d6600 #336600 #1a6600 #006600 #00661a #006633 #00664d #006666 #004d66 #003366

Technotoad64
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Prominent (46)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Zilby » January 8, 2017 12:58pm | Report
I might take this as my opportunity to 'relearn' smite. I got discouraged going into season 3 because I had the meta and items of season 2 down to a science and then all of that got flipped on its head. Never really felt... right, about season 3 because of that. I can at least get into this season with fresh eyes

Also every change they're making to clash is amazing. People had mana problems in lane frequently so they added another mana buff. I always thought that the gf and fg felt shoveled into that gametype even in beta, and now they're fixing that and adding a boss fight in the center of the map, (which I think is a genius way to use that location for the gametype. And then they're also adding Egyptian theming which is not only awesome but is a huge shoutout to a gametype that is now lost to time. Tldr: kudos to you hirez
Smite Account: Zilby__________Steam Account: Zilby
Blizzard: Zilby#11991_________Twitch: TheZilb

I am the most foul, cruel and bad tempered rodent you've ever set eyes upon!.. Oh, her? Yes, well... she's with me.

Feel free to PM me with any questions or comments. I can offer feedback on gameplay and BBcoding tips, as well as moderation help if needed.

Zilby
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (132)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by DucksRock » January 8, 2017 1:58pm | Report
THIS JUST IN- ARTY IS GOING TO BE BROKEN AT SOME POINT DURING S4!

Hirez is going to introduce a new sunder-ish minion clearing relic, and you know what happens when you give Arty clear...

MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

SOON ALL OF THOSE HUNTERS WITH A CLEAR THAT LAUGHED AT ARTY'S FACE WHEN GBOW WAS GONE, SOON YOU WILL FEEL' ARTY'S TRUE POWER! **** YOU NEITH AND HOU

MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHA *COUGHS*
Hi!

I'm DucksRock, But you can call me Ducks.

Kuzenbo rights advocate, guide-making delayer and passionate pop music fan.

Kuzenbo guide coming soon.

DucksRock

Prominent (41)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » January 9, 2017 12:21pm | Report
I read that patch notes arrive on the 18th...probably a couple of rounds of PTS/adjustments before it goes live.
Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (394)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }