Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Developer Update - Matchmaking Adjustments

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » News » Developer Update - Matchmaking Adjustments 6 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Wayne3100 » March 23, 2018 4:01am | Report

In SMITE Update 5.5, we will be testing some matchmaking updates at certain times and in certain regions, as part of our ongoing Project Olympus initiative to improve the SMITE player experience.

As with all complex software updates, we expect that it will take some time to tune the system, and there may be some unexpected bugs. So we greatly appreciate your help in giving us feedback and bug reports as this system goes live.

What did Hi-Rez do to matchmaking?
  • We are making our matchmaking algorithm more efficient by changing its core code.
  • We adjusted many variables to better focus on SMITE's matchmaking needs.
  • This new code uses much more efficient math to group players who are more similar in level, experience, and skill level. It also strives to better balance skill level per team.
  • We also expect it to find matches faster.
How will the changes roll out?
  • First we will be in the testing and data collection phase.
  • This means we will be testing this code at certain times of the day on certain queues.
  • We have done significant simulation tests internally, but we need to collect real data to confirm everything is working as intended.
  • The data and feedback collected from the tests will be reviewed before the system becomes applied to all queues at all times.
  • We will update the community as we move through these phases.
  • PC and Console will both follow this plan, but at the time of their own updates. Update 5.5 will arrive on PC first, with 5.5 Console arriving shortly afterward.
Community Involvement!
  • Player feedback will be very important to the process.
  • Any matchmaking that looks strange or unintended should be reported. Please include the in-game match ID and share a short statement about what you felt went wrong.
  • On patch day the Hi-Rez Community Team will make a r/smite thread and a tweet where players can post this information.
  • Keep in mind you might not feel immediate changes on 5.5 patch day. Only players in the right time and place for sample data will. All players should still send us matchmaking feedback either way, though.
Matchmaking Limitations
  • No matchmaking change is perfect, and there are some matchmaking situations that will always lead to suboptimal matches. For instance, low population queues (based on time of day or region) will always be problematic.
  • Good match making is usually a trade-off between longer wait times for better matches, or shorter wait times for less optimal matches. Because this software works more efficiently, one big expected advantage is that we should be able to get the same quality of matches in less time. Our testing will help identify those situations in which we can get better matches by waiting the same length of time as today.
Thanks so much for your patience and cooperation as we prepare to begin rolling out these matchmaking adjustments. We look forward to collecting your feedback when the testing phase begins in the 5.5 Update!

Source: https://www.smitegame.com/news/developer-update-matchmaking-adjustments

Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Prominent (45)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Gulfwulf » March 23, 2018 11:05am | Report
I hope this leads to better matchmaking.

Gulfwulf
<Guardian Master>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Esteemed (81)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by xmysterionz » March 23, 2018 12:34pm | Report
I hope this changes stopping putting me against newbies or putting them on my team. Sometimes I have to carry my entire team because they are new and don't know how to play very well, but sometimes the enemy team are so bad that the worst crazy build works. I also face the opposite, the game puts me to fight against that Asian pro player :v .I hope that with these changes I find people of my skill level to have a nice match.

xmysterionz
<Sharpshooter>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (71)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by DiabeticRage » March 23, 2018 12:51pm | Report
I just wanna play a Siege match with people who know how to lane :\

DiabeticRage

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » March 23, 2018 1:44pm | Report
I hate Siege so much!*()^#!%()*^!

LOL
Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (394)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by DiabeticRage » March 26, 2018 5:29am | Report
Sorry to bring up a sore subject lol

DiabeticRage

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }