Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Danzaburou: A Closer Look

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » News » Danzaburou: A Closer Look 9 posts - page 1 of 1

Poll Question:

Are you excited for Danza?
More fuzzies!!!
Rocket is offended.
Not interested in this guy, but I'm down for a full team of furries! (w/ Bacchus Sashimi Neko, Rat or Fenrir, SWK, and Goobis)
VOTE
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » November 17, 2020 11:52am | Report

Danzaburou: A Closer Look

By: TitanAjax | 2020/11/17

WHO IS DANZABUROU?

Surely everyone has heard of the mighty bake-danuki! These powerful tricksters are so much more than your standard Tanuki. The legendary racoon-dogs of Japan are an ancient race, and Danzaburou is their leader. He can transform into anything to meet his needs, he can wheel and deal with the greatest entrepreneurs, and he can, of course, have a heck of a lot of fun.

OUR VISION

Danzaburou is the cute god in a dark year. As Cthulhu’s hold on the world grows tighter, this is when we need some comedic relief the most.

Danzaburou
  • Theme – A Trickster – He will confuse you, misdirect you, possibly even cheat you
  • Visuals – A Fun Creature – Danzaburou is one high profile critter adorned with accessories
  • Personality – A Real Wise Guy – Smart, but snarky, and mischievous, and will readily taunt you
  • Perspective – Who? – The other gods are utterly confused by him.
Danzaburou is best known for painting leaves to look like they were gold, and selling them off to unsuspecting passersby. He is also known for transforming into an entire parade procession entirely on his own. In SMITE he will be duping other gods with his leafy goodness, as well as using his transforming skills to cause quite a spectacle.

Danzaburou arrives at one of the darkest times in the SMITE timeline, and he brings a message of peace and acceptance. Although he is known for swindling others, he has many admirable traits too. This Robin Hood-like hero is always willing to help out those in need with some of his spare coin, or with a relaxing drink from his sake bottle.

The Tanuki will confront Tsukuyomi head on, without fear. Danzaburou will deliver an important message to the proud moon assassin: that his entire quest and existence is pointless. Cthulhu is going to win, it does not matter how strong Tsukuyomi is, and Danzaburou is here to ease the pain of this harsh reality, first for Tsukuyomi, then for the rest of us.

With Danzaburou comes all the notable features of a Tanuki. They’re a little bit pudgy, but still agile. They are fuzzy creatures, but they can walk upright like humans and speak normally.

We wanted to make sure Danzaburou was equipped with a variety of interesting armor, weapons, and magical items. His clothing is reminiscent of a merchant or wanderer of ancient Japan including the signature hat. He is equipped with a gunpowder rocket launcher based on the historical Bo-Hiya. This provides our raccoon-dog friend with a unique weapon among SMITE’s hunters. Danzaburou is no weapons expert though, as his explosions are treated more like fireworks than firepower and always reveal themselves to be packed full of his magical transforming leaves.

Danzaburou also has many symbolic elements on his person. He has his money pouch and his sake bottle carefully dangling from his belt. One change to his sandals occurred through the modeling, rigging, and animation process. We originally wanted higher blocked sandals, but when combined with his creature legs that have extra joints this created a lot of concerns both technically and artistically. So his sandals were flattened to give us more control over his animset, this can be seen in the card art below and in his in-game assets.

Danzaburou is a hunter, and functions best in the Duo Lane, possibly flexing into Mid Lane. He has strong early game wave clear and lane control, but his kit certainly becomes harder to use (yet more surprising!) in later game jungle fights. The Tanuki’s basic attacks are more traditional, with his diversity among the Hunter class coming from a series of unique abilities.

Unique Gameplay Features
  • A deployable focused kit on a hunter – creating multiple persistent objects and areas with various effects
  • A unique type of misdirection that functions as a form of stealth
  • Alternate ways to earn gold – through skillshot pickups and investments
  • Can fire multiple ricocheting projectiles at once
  • No dash or leap on his first 3 abilities, and no attack speed stim
  • An Ultimate where Danzaburou can fire a projectile or actually become it and control it as it travels
  • Features a native speaker currently living in Japan as his voice actor
So please, sit down, relax, have a drink, play a game, and watch the world end with us. Cthulhu’s madness has less effect on those who have accepted their fate, and Danzaburou is here to show you the way!

Source: https://www.smitegame.com/news/tsukuyomi-a-closer-look
Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (394)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » November 17, 2020 12:02pm | Report
Do I smell the potential for a Nintendo crossover battle pass in the future?

Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (394)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by boogiebass » November 17, 2020 12:21pm | Report
Branmuffin17 wrote:

Do I smell the potential for a Nintendo crossover battle pass in the future?

No

boogiebass
<World Serpent>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Prominent (46)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Stuke99 » November 17, 2020 1:50pm | Report
> full team of furries

Stuke99
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (56)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Gulfwulf » November 17, 2020 8:16pm | Report
Where's the voting option for burn all of the furries?

Gulfwulf
<Guardian Master>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Esteemed (81)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » November 18, 2020 9:40am | Report
if that happens all youtube vids of smite will be striked by nintendo

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » November 18, 2020 10:00am | Report
It's a dream =P

Yoshi Sobek
Mario Tanooki Danza
Princess Peach Ama
Bowser Kuzen
Samus Janus
Kirby Baka
Link Tyr or Arthur
Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (394)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Geinexi » November 19, 2020 9:30am | Report
Branmuffin17 wrote:

It's a dream =P

Yoshi Sobek
Mario Tanooki Danza
Princess Peach Ama
Bowser Kuzen
Samus Janus
Kirby Baka
Link Tyr or Arthur

Yes.

Geinexi

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by S7evin424 » December 17, 2020 1:09am | Report
Marvel battle pass would be awesome. Thor gets a legit thor skin... Thor skin sounds dirty in my head.

Rocket Racoon obviously for Danza
Zeus Captain America skin
Loki gets the cool warlord Loki costume from the first movie
Apollo gets Starlord Skin
Merlin better get a Doctor Strange skin
Heim gets a cool Heim skin

The possibilities are endless. But so would that licensing cost so probably won't ever happen.

S7evin424

Notable (2)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }