Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Balance Patch 22/05/13

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » News » Balance Patch 22/05/13 23 posts - page 1 of 3
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Animusliberus » May 22, 2013 1:54pm | Report

Bart's Copy of 2013-05-22 Balance Patch

New Skins

• Jungle King Anhur
  • Golden Zeus: This special skin is only available if you are at least God Rank 1 with Zeus. The skin includes a gold frame displaying your God Rank and Stats.

General

• The damage that minions do to structures has been reduced by ~20%.
  • If you lose a match, you now earn 1/4 the amount of worshippers as you would have earned if you had won the match.
  • Damage against towers from basic attacks that deal magical damage has been adjusted to be more effective. This currently only affects Isis and Zeus.
  • An issue has been fixed in which some abilities were charging double mana costs.
  • Magical inhand attacks can no longer crit.

Items

Girdle of Might
  • This item no longer stacks with itself.

Gods

Eset
  • Isis basic attack has had its base damage increased from 30 to 35.
Wing Gust
  • Cooldown reduced from 12 to 10s.
Ne Zha
Armillary Sash
  • The physical power contribution of this ability has been reduced from 150% to 100%.
Zeus
General
  • His basic attacks now deal 35 (+25% of your magical power) magical damage.
  • Zeus no longer starts with physical power or gains physical power per level.
Overcharge
  • Basic attacks against targets with charges deal 30% increased damage per charge.
Chain Lightning
  • The cooldown on this ability has been reduced from 10s to 8s.
  • The number of arcs on this ability has been changed from 1/2/3/4/5 to 4 at all ranks.
  • The base damage has been changed from 70/100/130/160/190 to 45/85/125/165/205.
  • The magical power contribution has been reduced from 50% to 40%.
Detonate Charge
  • The damage scaling based on the number of charges has been reduced from 1/2.5/4 to 1/2/3.
  • When this ability is used on an enemy that has 3 charges, they are also stunned for 1s.
Lightning Storm
  • The magical power contribution has been reduced from 70% to 50%.
if you need anything just PM or ask me when I'm streaming here

Animusliberus
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Esteemed (93)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by caucheka » May 22, 2013 3:02pm | Report
zeus change seems interesting.
the problem with quotes on the internet is that it's hard to determine their legitimacy - aristotle

be excrement to eachother.

caucheka

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ReeledSkye » May 22, 2013 3:51pm | Report
With Zeus' small decrease in damage on detonate, along with the changes to overcharge and his basic attacks scaling with MA, should make demonic grip a viable option on him, maybe even fatalis( hate myself suggesting that), in combination with Polynomicon.

ReeledSkye

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by icy133 » May 22, 2013 4:00pm | Report
I like some of the ideas, but decreasing the damage on his three, not cool
Ice, my favorite element, and looks pretty cool

icy133

Notable (3)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Ragingstorm » May 22, 2013 5:11pm | Report
Zeus is now pretty damn effective. Ugh.
All Hail Queen Storm, Queen Storm, Queen Ragingstorm!
You may call me Miss Storm.

"I have returned to the battlefield of these men, and this time, there will be no more salvation,"~Ragingstorm

BB Coding Queen of Smitefire: In the Olden Days, at least.

Ragingstorm

Prominent (49)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Sunfall » May 22, 2013 6:48pm | Report
From a competitive standpoint, Zeus was always considered to be inferior to most other mages, notably Agni and Poseidon. Whatever damage he could output, the others could inflict much more reliably and with CC! His ultimate depended very heavily on certain team comps to make it effective. And to top it all off, he often relied on using weak basic attacks in order to stack up his Detonate charges if his Chain Lightning was cooling down.

Pub games only served to make him look much stronger than he really was. Players unfamiliar with his mechanics who let themselves fall for his team's setups ( Odin+ Zeus still gets lots of noobs killed) end up feeding him to the point where he just rips through health bars in a matter of seconds with nothing anyone can do about it.

If anything, this change is going to help pull him out of that "situational pick" status that he's been sitting in since closed beta and make him a bit more effective without relying so heavily on his ultimate (and they seem to be moving in that direction too, given the reduced magic power contribution on it now).
Waiting on a good new MOBA, please.

Sunfall
<Veteran>

Prominent (29)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by JararoNatsu » May 22, 2013 7:37pm | Report
ICEN should be happy about the new Anhur skin.

I like the changes to Zeus. Too much of playing him revolved on popping his Ultimate, and I've only really seen him played well in Arena and Assault unless he's with an Odin. This should make him much more viable in every game mode, now.

Check out my Artemis Guide and my Ao Kuang Guide!

JararoNatsu
<Veteran>

Distinguished (51)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Hekau718 » May 22, 2013 10:09pm | Report
No new Sun Wukong skin comin out? :(

Hekau718

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Nex The Slayer » May 23, 2013 1:24am | Report
Sunfall wrote:

From a competitive standpoint, Zeus was always considered to be inferior to most other mages, notably Agni and Poseidon. Whatever damage he could output, the others could inflict much more reliably and with CC! His ultimate depended very heavily on certain team comps to make it effective. And to top it all off, he often relied on using weak basic attacks in order to stack up his Detonate charges if his Chain Lightning was cooling down.

Pub games only served to make him look much stronger than he really was. Players unfamiliar with his mechanics who let themselves fall for his team's setups ( Odin+ Zeus still gets lots of noobs killed) end up feeding him to the point where he just rips through health bars in a matter of seconds with nothing anyone can do about it.

If anything, this change is going to help pull him out of that "situational pick" status that he's been sitting in since closed beta and make him a bit more effective without relying so heavily on his ultimate (and they seem to be moving in that direction too, given the reduced magic power contribution on it now).

Agreed 100%
Mages are my favorite type of gods because I love playing as most of them, but Zeus was a mixed bag. Sure his synergy with Odin, Ares or Hades obliterates new players, but other then that he was really lacking in every other area compered to other mages.

The changes sound like really good changes, notably the fact that his basic attacks now deal good damage as he needed to hit the enemy with them to do damage and that Detonate Charges on someone with 3 charges stuns them, giving him CC (something he had noting of earlier).

About the fact that you now earn worship for losing and not just winning I can only say, FINALLY!

All in all I like these changes and I can't wait to go home so I can mess around with Zeus and get that sweet golden skin!

Nex The Slayer

Prominent (37)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by HollowsEdge » May 23, 2013 1:46am | Report
Still no Ares love :(

HollowsEdge

Remarkable (5)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }