Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Ao Kuang Patch Notes 2014-11-19

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » News » Ao Kuang Patch Notes 2014-11-19 37 posts - page 4 of 4
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by dacoqrs » November 15, 2014 2:40pm | Report
Fine. Sorry, didn't mean to insult you, however I think you're being extremely harsh and unnecessarily cocky.
Thanks to Ferrum for making the sig pic! He's beast af people.
IGN: BestJanusNA
What I'm listening to right now: Derp -Bassjackers

dacoqrs

Prominent (40)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Firraria » November 15, 2014 3:14pm | Report
Raventhor wrote:

But how about dat ao kangr

woo yeh

yah yah ao kangr new god vry gud y no speek of the positives?

Firraria
<Skullcracker>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (58)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Aeadar » November 15, 2014 3:37pm | Report
dacoqrs wrote:

Fine. Sorry, didn't mean to insult you, however I think you're being extremely harsh and unnecessarily cocky.

Ever consider it could be the reverse? You're being too soft?

At any rate, I think I understand. You're satisfied with HiRez knowing the general direction of a good change, and that they're taking baby steps to accomplish it. I'm not.

To me, these changes are so minimal, it feels like they're trying to avoid the problem, instead. For example, Freya's Banish was nerfed to limit the number of free hits she can deal. However, Freya already deals only one free hit. They only made getting that free hit harder.

A better "baby step" would be removing the free hit entirely, because it both a real change and a small step. Freya is already plenty strong without that free hit, but it will still be a noticeable change. Banish already gives a free hit without the window of opportunity in its falling animation, anyway, since its essentially forcing an Aegis onto the enemy. No need for two.

It's that kind of progress that I wish to see, and that I don't see.

Aeadar

Memorable (10)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Swampmist1142 » November 15, 2014 3:48pm | Report
actually, to my knowledge it used to give 2-3 hits if you got the timing right.

Swampmist1142

Remarkable (8)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » November 15, 2014 4:16pm | Report
I'm ok with baby steps because they don't want to overchange it - then they're just as bad on the other end. I'd rather take certain, ensured steps, then a possible big one that has, say, a 50/50 chance of working outright. I've always been one to err on the side of caution with things like this. I can see where people are disappointed with such minimal changes that really don't affect a god. But over time, these help define what the problems are. If fixing A makes the god barely change, maybe A isn't the problem, but B. Or maybe instead of heavily nerfing B, we just need to minimally change A and B. Blablabla

Like, I understand such disappointment with these changes, but I'm ok with it going gradually. They're a smallish company, and have a lot to balance, which has to help casual, low-ranked, expert-ranked, 5v5, etc. It's a lot to balance and I'm ok with the smaller steps just because of how I look at it. Perhaps try to look at it the same way, or if it doesn't work, just hope for the best, heh.
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Swampmist1142 » November 15, 2014 6:50pm | Report
OK, sub's talking through me here:
"Did some testing, she can only hit once with Demonic Grip, Fatalis, Telkhine's Ring and Speed Buff. The shorter time makes almost no difference."

Swampmist1142

Remarkable (8)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by HolyPudding » November 16, 2014 2:24am | Report
Raventhor wrote:

I'm ok with baby steps because they don't want to overchange it - then they're just as bad on the other end. I'd rather take certain, ensured steps, then a possible big one that has, say, a 50/50 chance of working outright. I've always been one to err on the side of caution with things like this. I can see where people are disappointed with such minimal changes that really don't affect a god. But over time, these help define what the problems are. If fixing A makes the god barely change, maybe A isn't the problem, but B. Or maybe instead of heavily nerfing B, we just need to minimally change A and B. Blablabla

Like, I understand such disappointment with these changes, but I'm ok with it going gradually. They're a smallish company, and have a lot to balance, which has to help casual, low-ranked, expert-ranked, 5v5, etc. It's a lot to balance and I'm ok with the smaller steps just because of how I look at it. Perhaps try to look at it the same way, or if it doesn't work, just hope for the best, heh.

^^^^^ This. Couldn't have said it better myself +1 rep
"We are none but friends

All born to the same forum

Why not live in peace?"

HolyPudding

Established (19)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }