Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Ao Kuang Patch Notes 2014-11-19

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » News » Ao Kuang Patch Notes 2014-11-19 37 posts - page 3 of 4
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by dacoqrs » November 15, 2014 2:03pm | Report
Aeadar wrote:

I am really tired of this "at least they're going in the right direction" argument.

They have acknowledged a problem is there. And they technically are pointed in the right direction. And I do understand a fear of overtuning a god.

But that's not enough. For example, the "buff" to Ares' Shackles, letting them hit Arachne's eggs. They acknowledged he needs a buff, and they did give him a buff, of sorts, but there's no real progress.

I'm also fairly pleased with the addition of reasoning in their patches, but I need to say that to be perfectly honest, these "explanations" are pathetic. They're useless, laughable, and show no real insight into their own game. In fact, I'll go as far as to say that these explanations damaged the game even further, because they reveal just how incompetent HiRez can be. Don't say "if you don't agree with their reasoning." There is no reasoning to begin with. Not a single person in this entire forum will say Cupid has been doing well.

A "step in the right direction" is not nearly enough. Of course no one would nerf Cupid. But congratulating HiRez on buffing Cupid instead of nerfing him is like congratulating a murderer for not killing all of the barmaids. It's completely out of the question, and avoids the REAL problems - the murder and the lack of a substantial change.

Anubis' ultimate now hits with a 0.1 DoT. Cupid now has 8 stacks instead of 10. Apollo's knockup gets weakened by a fraction of a fraction of a second. These changes were all steps in the right direction, but in the end, nothing really changes. In the end, a single step, or rather, a twitch, in the right direction, will not ever be enough, and we should stop pretending it is enough.

Also, I'd like to point out that League has been giving reasons for their changes for years...and Dawngate has been doing it from the very beginning...

So, what would you recommend they do? Instead hit ALL of Freya's numbers and make her unplayable? Then you would ***** about Hi-Rez's balancing team being "clueless". Once again, some people are never satisfied.

You're telling me by giving reasoning about their balance changes, they're DAMAGING the game? Get your head out of your ***, and take off the Subzero costume. There's no way in hell you can tell me they're damaging the game by attempting to give reasoning, flawed as it is, to their changes. That's total ********.
Thanks to Ferrum for making the sig pic! He's beast af people.
IGN: BestJanusNA
What I'm listening to right now: Derp -Bassjackers

dacoqrs

Prominent (40)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by All4Games » November 15, 2014 2:09pm | Report
dacoqrs take it down 5 notches, aedar did NOT insult you and he is NOT sub.
never forget dawngate and never forgive EA. Freia will hunt them for eternity.

All4Games

Distinguished (54)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by dacoqrs » November 15, 2014 2:11pm | Report
All4Games wrote:

dacoqrs take it down 5 notches, aedar did NOT insult you and he is NOT sub.

Did you read what he just said? He said giving reasoning is DAMAGING THE GAME!

There's no way he can actually say that! It can't possibly hurt the ****ing game, he's practically trolling, and that's ********, and he's blindly hating on Smite, and that pisses me off.

dacoqrs

Prominent (40)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by All4Games » November 15, 2014 2:16pm | Report
I DONT CARE WHAT HE WROTE! HE DID NOT INSULT YOU. TAKE DOWN YOUR LANGUE!

if he says that it can hurt the game then he is right untill you prove him wrong, he is not trolling, you are shooting more ******** then he is, he is not BLINDLY hating on smite, you get pissed of at any hate smite gets even when its deserved.

bring your arguments and not insults if you want to defend smite, if you bring insults you become just as bad as all troll/toxic/salty/bad players smite has and you become part of a problem.

All4Games

Distinguished (54)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by dacoqrs » November 15, 2014 2:21pm | Report
But it's not deserved. Hi-Rez is making a good effort to try and be better, anyone can see that, and he is, for whatever reason, putting that down.

dacoqrs

Prominent (40)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by All4Games » November 15, 2014 2:26pm | Report
i mean when ever some one says something bad about smite 75% of the time you will react by defending no mather if the person is wrong or not.

that is speaking in general and not just in this thread,

in this case you 2 are BOTH right. both of you have viable arguments that could stand, the thing that right now is making aedar more believable is the fact that your reaction was insults rather then defending your points.

he is just as allowed to critisize smite as you are to defend it. both are neccesary to listen to when creating a game, when one side starts insulting the other without any arguments the attacked side becomes more believable even when both sides can stand just as well against eachother.

go apoligise for the insults, take a deep breath and either be silent or argue or say that you agree to disagree.

All4Games

Distinguished (54)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by HolyPudding » November 15, 2014 2:29pm | Report
Aeadar wrote:

I am really tired of this "at least they're going in the right direction" argument.

They have acknowledged a problem is there. And they technically are pointed in the right direction. And I do understand a fear of overtuning a god.

But that's not enough. For example, the "buff" to Ares' Shackles, letting them hit Arachne's eggs. They acknowledged he needs a buff, and they did give him a buff, of sorts, but there's no real progress.

I'm also fairly pleased with the addition of reasoning in their patches, but I need to say that to be perfectly honest, these "explanations" are pathetic. They're useless, laughable, and show no real insight into their own game. In fact, I'll go as far as to say that these explanations damaged the game even further, because they reveal just how incompetent HiRez can be. Don't say "if you don't agree with their reasoning." There is no reasoning to begin with. Not a single person in this entire forum will say Cupid has been doing well.

A "step in the right direction" is not nearly enough. Of course no one would nerf Cupid. But congratulating HiRez on buffing Cupid instead of nerfing him is like congratulating a murderer for not killing all of the barmaids. It's completely out of the question, and avoids the REAL problems - the murder and the lack of a substantial change.

Anubis' ultimate now hits with a 0.1 DoT. Cupid now has 8 stacks instead of 10. Apollo's knockup gets weakened by a fraction of a fraction of a second. These changes were all steps in the right direction, but in the end, nothing really changes. In the end, a single step, or rather, a twitch, in the right direction, will not ever be enough, and we should stop pretending it is enough.

Also, I'd like to point out that League has been giving reasons for their changes for years...and Dawngate has been doing it from the very beginning...

A few things I agree with:

Cupid needs more of a buff to be able to fit in, but he could easily become too strong which is my concern.

Some of the reasons are kinda flawed.

Things I disagree with:

Ares and Anubis DO NOT NEED a buff. Ares has been doing well in competitive play and buffing anubis would be like going up to arena players and saying "Hey, **** YOU". Also he is built around insane burst and that really shouldn't be taken from him.

Minor nerfs are often better for a game, as one big nerf can knock a god completely out and sometimes trigger serious balancing issues in the long run (I AM LOOKING SQUARELY AT YOU HERCULES). Freya's banish being nerfed is definitely a step in the right direction as it allows for more of a window for counterplay, same with merc.

Also, I really don;t think Hi-Rez are "completely incompotent". Sure they have made some silly decisions but they, for the most part, please the majority of the playerbase. They also have the actual statistics, so they have the bigger picture in terms of performance and the like, hence why tyr didn't get nerfed for the longest time; his winrate was complete balls and he did not need the nerf until people figured him out, and it was given accordingly.

Overall, Hi-Rez aren't exactly amazing devs but in my opinion Smite is a relatively well balanced game, certainly more than it was in beta. I can honestly say I rarely yell "oh my god op" which is a rather good thing in my opinion.
"We are none but friends

All born to the same forum

Why not live in peace?"

HolyPudding

Established (19)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by All4Games » November 15, 2014 2:30pm | Report
i would actually say that when i left smite it was less balenced then in beta but that may have changed enough at this point.

All4Games

Distinguished (54)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by HolyPudding » November 15, 2014 2:32pm | Report
All4Games wrote:

i mean when ever some one says something bad about smite 75% of the time you will react by defending no mather if the person is wrong or not.

that is speaking in general and not just in this thread,

in this case you 2 are BOTH right. both of you have viable arguments that could stand, the thing that right now is making aedar more believable is the fact that your reaction was insults rather then defending your points.

he is just as allowed to critisize smite as you are to defend it. both are neccesary to listen to when creating a game, when one side starts insulting the other without any arguments the attacked side becomes more believable even when both sides can stand just as well against eachother.

go apoligise for the insults, take a deep breath and either be silent or argue or say that you agree to disagree.

Yes daco is being a bit anry, but Aedar's reasoning is flawed, more so than the reasoning he claims to be bad on Hi-Rez's part. And yes, he may as well be Sub 2.0, new and improved with 100% deadly *****ing, now installed with Windows 10. Windows 7 was my idea.
"We are none but friends

All born to the same forum

Why not live in peace?"

HolyPudding

Established (19)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » November 15, 2014 2:39pm | Report
But how about dat ao kangr

woo yeh
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }