Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Ao Kuang Patch Notes 2014-11-19

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » News » Ao Kuang Patch Notes 2014-11-19 37 posts - page 2 of 4
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by HiFromBuddha » November 14, 2014 11:46pm | Report
MadDanny wrote:

After that He Bo Uranus joke. I also would get a beef stake on that.

How would you like it cooked?
The top rated He Bo guide on SmiteFire!
My rather unimpressive and slowly growing anime list!
Currently watching:
    Punchline
Currently Reading:
    Utsuro no Hako to Zero Maria
    Nisekoi: False Love
    The World God Only Knows

HiFromBuddha
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (115)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by MadDanny » November 15, 2014 12:37am | Report
HiFromBuddha wrote:

How would you like it cooked?

I like mine HiRez. Easy on the Rez.
This is my signature. It is full of vowels and consonants.
In-game name: MadDany

Owner of: SmiteFireGaming clan. Open for our SmiteFire community members
Pm or look for our thread(I'd prefer if you'd go to our threadsince I don't online that often.)
A.K.A.The Mad Priest

MadDanny

Prominent (34)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by dacoqrs » November 15, 2014 5:17am | Report
I'll give my opinion on a few things:

Convention Tyr:

Quoted:

Tyr Convention 2015
This is an exclusive skin available through various events in 2015.

GEE GUYS. I WONDER WHICH EVENT THEIR TALKING ABOUT.

Freya/Merc nerfs:

You guys are being so negative. They're trying not to make too many changes at once so that way they don't accidentally nerf them so hard that they become terrible. These changes are a step in the right direction.

Nerf/buff justification:

Guys, once again, this is ****ing incredible. I love how Hi-Rez has been adding their reasoning behind what they're doing. Whether you agree with their reasoning or not, once again, step in the right direction

Cupid Buff:

Quit focusing on the thing about Cupid doing well. The point is he got a buff. It would only be problematic if he got a nerf, and he didn't.

Sock Puppet Tyr:

****ty skin, but there has been some really cool ones lately too.

Overall: Good patch, I see that Hi-Rez is trying their best to move in the right direction.
Thanks to Ferrum for making the sig pic! He's beast af people.
IGN: BestJanusNA
What I'm listening to right now: Derp -Bassjackers

dacoqrs

Prominent (40)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by All4Games » November 15, 2014 5:57am | Report
dacoqrs i can see what you mean by having reasoning is better then nothing even if the reasoning is bad, which with stuff like cupid is complete BS but A for effort.

that is actually the best way to discribe what Hirez did with this patch, they tried. goldstar,AforEffort,GGwithRE.

you can't just tell people to stop focusing on what is the prime example for their main argument of how Hirez messed up the reasoning. (you could say how they are wrong and explain why in your opinion but you can't just say "no you can't say that".)

true he got a buff but cupid is not in the pile of gods for who getting a very small tweak can mean the difference between OP or UP or balenced as are very few of their early god designs.

with characters like freya or merc taking it slow with the changes is a good thing but with gods like cupid where 0.2 seconds difference on his ult isn't going to change him, with him they could have done some more drastic buffing instead to make him better rather then very small buffs over time.

atleast there is shown some effort and that is at this point the least smite players deserve (aside from a lot more).

maybe they have are starting to learn and if they learn they can get better at life and maybe even their game so maybe, eventually, hopefully, some day that game can be good for everyone again.

new invention! the hope bar! now filled with 0.5% hope out of a 100%.

(it used to be empty.)
never forget dawngate and never forgive EA. Freia will hunt them for eternity.

All4Games

Distinguished (54)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Reverend Belial » November 15, 2014 6:46am | Report
Wait wait, there have been good skins released recently? I must have missed those because I can't remember one except MAYBE Orbital Strike Rama which I'm not getting anyway
Chaac and Ah baby! Chaac and Ah...

Reverend Belial

Remarkable (8)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Greenevers » November 15, 2014 7:47am | Report
It's going to be Ares Convention 2015. Here's the card:

Ares SWC 2015

http://www.smitedatamining.com/smite-15-november-pts-datamining-new-god-hou-yi-new-skins-christmas/#prettyPhoto

Anyways, I like this patch.

Cupid may have been laughable but he's not an under powered hunter. His kit just isn't as good as the other hunters in the meta. The only thing he really lacks is proper lane clear and... that's it? Reducing the cast time on his ult is a step in the right direction. His ult is one of the best team fight ults from hunters. The only con is getting everyone mez'd in the time - which will be a bit easier to do now.

Greenevers
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by dacoqrs » November 15, 2014 7:48am | Report
Damn that's sexy.
Thanks to Ferrum for making the sig pic! He's beast af people.
IGN: BestJanusNA
What I'm listening to right now: Derp -Bassjackers

dacoqrs

Prominent (40)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Greenevers » November 15, 2014 7:53am | Report
Also: PTS is up, I have to redownload it since I rebooted my PC almost a month ago :/.

Greenevers
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Aeadar » November 15, 2014 11:34am | Report
dacoqrs wrote:

Freya/Merc nerfs:

You guys are being so negative. They're trying not to make too many changes at once so that way they don't accidentally nerf them so hard that they become terrible. These changes are a step in the right direction.

Nerf/buff justification:

Guys, once again, this is ****ing incredible. I love how Hi-Rez has been adding their reasoning behind what they're doing. Whether you agree with their reasoning or not, once again, step in the right direction

Cupid Buff:

Quit focusing on the thing about Cupid doing well. The point is he got a buff. It would only be problematic if he got a nerf, and he didn't.

Overall: Good patch, I see that Hi-Rez is trying their best to move in the right direction.

I am really tired of this "at least they're going in the right direction" argument.

They have acknowledged a problem is there. And they technically are pointed in the right direction. And I do understand a fear of overtuning a god.

But that's not enough. For example, the "buff" to Ares' Shackles, letting them hit Arachne's eggs. They acknowledged he needs a buff, and they did give him a buff, of sorts, but there's no real progress.

I'm also fairly pleased with the addition of reasoning in their patches, but I need to say that to be perfectly honest, these "explanations" are pathetic. They're useless, laughable, and show no real insight into their own game. In fact, I'll go as far as to say that these explanations damaged the game even further, because they reveal just how incompetent HiRez can be. Don't say "if you don't agree with their reasoning." There is no reasoning to begin with. Not a single person in this entire forum will say Cupid has been doing well.

A "step in the right direction" is not nearly enough. Of course no one would nerf Cupid. But congratulating HiRez on buffing Cupid instead of nerfing him is like congratulating a murderer for not killing all of the barmaids. It's completely out of the question, and avoids the REAL problems - the murder and the lack of a substantial change.

Anubis' ultimate now hits with a 0.1 DoT. Cupid now has 8 stacks instead of 10. Apollo's knockup gets weakened by a fraction of a fraction of a second. These changes were all steps in the right direction, but in the end, nothing really changes. In the end, a single step, or rather, a twitch, in the right direction, will not ever be enough, and we should stop pretending it is enough.

Also, I'd like to point out that League has been giving reasons for their changes for years...and Dawngate has been doing it from the very beginning...

Aeadar

Memorable (10)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Aeadar » November 15, 2014 11:37am | Report
HiFromBuddha wrote:

Like I said, I feel the skins concepts team literally is just a bunch of guys sitting in a room trying to think up of the worst puns that they can make up.

They just moved 95% of the balance team to the skin designers, so there's about 50 people in that room and one person in the other. That's a good ratio for the skins:balance decisions seen yet.

Aeadar

Memorable (10)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }