Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

What are the roles, like AD

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » New Player Help » What are the roles, like AD 23 posts - page 1 of 3
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Zeju » January 11, 2013 10:55am | Report
Im fairly new to the game and the game type. I have been in several lobbys where ppl talk bout carry and AD and sorts. So the question is, can someone explain the role types to me (I understand mage, tank, etc :D )

Zeju

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by LevasK » January 11, 2013 11:30am | Report
AD=Attack damage that is characters that use basic attacks to inflict high damage (all basic attacks are considered physical) characters such as Artemis Sun Wukong and Bastet are AD gods.
So to sum it up all physical damage based gods are called AD gods.

A carry is a god who is usually building items such as doom orb or heartseeker and preparing to "carry the game" meaning that they will be doing the majority of killing.

LevasK
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (52)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Zeju » January 11, 2013 11:32am | Report
Thank you so much for the respons :D

Zeju

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by LevasK » January 11, 2013 12:35pm | Report
No problem and if you have any further questions feel free to pm me

LevasK
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (52)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Silv3rX » January 11, 2013 1:40pm | Report
Actually gods like sun wukong, artemis etc. are called carrys because they get " carried ", theres a nice saying " My back hurts from all that carrying ", means that your laning partner gives you the last hits and always makes sure that you are in exp range so you are high leveld and can get items fast.
Items like Heartseeker are considered as snowball items, because if you are fully stacked you are really strong, but if you die you lose everything. (Also known as glass cannon).
Carrys are usually able to easily kill the enemys without any problems, if the carry is carried and the item build is correct etc.

AP = Ability power. Means gods like agni or anubis, who do damage with their abilitys.

SS = Basically its just like a " Mia " so a missing enemy.
You usually type " ss godname " so people know which god is missing.

FG & GF = Fire giant & Gold fury

Important shortcuts :

VFF = Enemy missing

VTT = Enemys have returned

VHH = Help

VGG = Gank

VSG = Ill Gank

VVB = Be right back
The Moba King

Silv3rX
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (53)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by sorcerer455 » May 19, 2013 10:59am | Report
LevasK wrote:

AD=Attack damage that is characters that use basic attacks to inflict high damage (all basic attacks are considered physical) characters such as Artemis Sun Wukong and Bastet are AD gods.
So to sum it up all physical damage based gods are called AD gods.

A carry is a god who is usually building items such as doom orb or heartseeker and preparing to "carry the game" meaning that they will be doing the majority of killing.

I have to disagree, Sun Wukong, and Bastet do not rely on their basic attacks, most of their damage comes from their abilities. Arachne and Anhur rely more on their basic attacks.
"I wouldn't call me 'itsy bitsy' if I were you" "Who needs catnip when I have you"
My Arachne guide http://www.smitefire.com/smite/guide/arachne-the-weaver-guide-977

sorcerer455

Notable (3)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TheAmazingComicBookGuy » May 19, 2013 11:40am | Report
sorcerer455 wrote:

I have to disagree, Sun Wukong, and Bastet do not rely on their basic attacks, most of their damage comes from their abilities. Arachne and Anhur rely more on their basic attacks.

Sun Wukong is all about his abilities early on, but later he falls in a basic attack role. I am not sure about Bastet except that levask loves her xD she is still ad tho

TheAmazingComicBookGuy

Prominent (47)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Nogglez » May 19, 2013 6:01pm | Report
I dont believe there is a physical carry god that does not need its kit at all. However, by lategame, the vast majority of physical carries rely on it less for damage and more for utility.
Rep me up if I helped!

Nogglez

Established (19)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by coldhotshot » May 19, 2013 8:44pm | Report
Silv3rX wrote:

Actually gods like sun wukong, artemis etc. are called carrys because they get " carried ", theres a nice saying " My back hurts from all that carrying ", means that your laning partner gives you the last hits and always makes sure that you are in exp range so you are high leveld and can get items fast.
Items like Heartseeker are considered as snowball items, because if you are fully stacked you are really strong, but if you die you lose everything. (Also known as glass cannon).
Carrys are usually able to easily kill the enemys without any problems, if the carry is carried and the item build is correct etc.

AP = Ability power. Means gods like agni or anubis, who do damage with their abilitys.

SS = Basically its just like a " Mia " so a missing enemy.
You usually type " ss godname " so people know which god is missing.

FG & GF = Fire giant & Gold fury

Important shortcuts :

VFF = Enemy missing

VTT = Enemys have returned

VHH = Help

VGG = Gank

VSG = Ill Gank

VVB = Be right back

*cough**cough*VEW*cough**cough*
Click on my signature to go to my guide!

Other guides:
Fenrir :D

Click on this text to get a signature similar to this one!

coldhotshot

Memorable (14)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by HiFromBuddha » May 19, 2013 10:53pm | Report
Well, it's magical power and physical power really, but everyone just uses LoL terminology and says AP and AD. Also, MIA is Missing In Action, which is the same as enemy missing, although I prefer to use SS (shortened form of miss) because it's easier to type. Only use these two if you're like me and can't remember the command for god knows what reason.
The top rated He Bo guide on SmiteFire!
My rather unimpressive and slowly growing anime list!
Currently watching:
    Punchline
Currently Reading:
    Utsuro no Hako to Zero Maria
    Nisekoi: False Love
    The World God Only Knows

HiFromBuddha
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (115)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }