Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Understanding ADCs

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » New Player Help » Understanding ADCs 20 posts - page 2 of 2
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » June 5, 2014 12:55pm | Report
Void shield is a solid defensive choice against teams with a high burst char like Loki, or overall heavy physical components.

I think a major problem right now, is hunters are 'forced' by social convention to pick 6 damage items to fill out their perfect build. But they never pick up a defensive item. I kinda want defensive items to fit into builds more, heh
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Aphnex » June 5, 2014 2:32pm | Report
Raventhor wrote:

Xbalanque has a strong-ish early game, while mana hungry, and peaks mid game, falling off slighlty late unless the bolas end up working perfectly.

You got it all wrong with Xbalanque. Xbalanque is a hunter who has a risky early game. Due to his passive, an aggressive Xbalanque is the most effective, and should be played as such. To have effective wave clear, his escape must be used along with a combination with his darts meaning he is very mana hungry and is why I usually go Transcendence as a stacking item. His mid game shoots up, as he is has a high mobility allowing him to gank super well if played correctly. Mid game, like most adcs, shoots us. But Xbalanque is by far one of the, if not THE hardest hitting adc's in the game (right next to AMC and perhaps a fed Cupid). If using mana wisely (or have Transcendence to where mana is hardly a problem), then team fights and dueling shouldn't even be a problem.

I used to main Xbalanque.

Aphnex

Prominent (30)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » June 5, 2014 2:40pm | Report
You said I have it all wrong but you basically just reiterated what I said with an explanation.
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by festive1 » June 5, 2014 2:45pm | Report
Jordenito wrote:

Voidshield is a bad choice on every ADC.

I'm festive, and I approve this message.
You can check out my cool Ymir guide by clicking here
Thanks Lprats for making an awesome Ymir drawing :)
If you want to look at my old signature click by clicking here
PM Me if you want me to try to make signature for you

festive1

Memorable (14)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » June 6, 2014 12:02am | Report
Aphnex wrote:

But Xbalanque is by far one of the, if not THE hardest hitting adc's in the game (right next to AMC and perhaps a fed Cupid).

with a good build 700-800 on (almost) every hit. AMC isn't the hardest hitting but more the fastest.

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TheZodiacWolf » June 6, 2014 12:33am | Report
All ADC's use almost the exact same build. That's why I find them boring.
IGN: Okami Fenrir Guide

TheZodiacWolf

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (23)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » June 6, 2014 12:51am | Report

All ADC's use almost the exact same build. That's why I find them boring.

Don't necessarily agree. DB, Malice, and maybe Qin's are in many, if not all builds, but Artemis and Neith can go very caster-ad, with Jotunn's and Transcendence and such, Cupid and Apollo rush attack speed, AMC builds very damage-oriented, etc.

But I see your point.
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » June 6, 2014 7:25am | Report
Raventhor wrote:

Don't necessarily agree. DB, Malice, and maybe Qin's are in many, if not all builds, but Artemis and Neith can go very caster-ad, with Jotunn's and Transcendence and such, Cupid and Apollo rush attack speed, AMC builds very damage-oriented, etc.

But I see your point.

I got a standard malice death bringer dev gloves and boots in my build

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Feldrawn » June 20, 2014 12:38pm | Report
Raventhor wrote:

Xbalanque has a strong-ish early game, while mana hungry, and peaks mid game, falling off slighlty late unless the bolas end up working perfectly.

Artemis is moderate early, falls of very hard mid, and scales up exponentially, due to her Suppress falling off but her raw attack speed becoming amazing.

AMC has a very steady, strong scaling throughout the game, but can super fall off due to his literal 0 escapes or CC. Left alone though, he is one of the strongest.

Apollo is in a similar boat as Artemis.

Anhur has a dominate early, a decent mid, and an ok late game, with his passive allowing him to outduel other ADC's, but otherwise being only ok late.

Cupid has a very strong early with his passive, a moderate mid, and a very strong late with his unique positional CC that can wreck a team. His tradeoff is very low waveclear, but his escape is unparalleled.

Neith is a support carry throughout the game. She never dies if played right, hence you don't ever really have a problem but you don't dominate. You can't consider her a carry but she is strong at all points.

Ullr is still very strong but is odd to use. His passive attack speed and active attack power make him a unique amazing duelist, with a stun that is AMAZING at duels. He is safe-ish too. So he's top tier. He has a relatively mediocre early, but with a tad bit passive sustain, he has a weak mid game, but late game, due to his pure, very flexible skillset, he is very strong late. Not exactly a hypercarry, but super strong.

There we go. Obviously this is slightly subjective but I can elaborate on any of my statements.

I agree for the most part, but Neith can totally dominate mid to late game. She has exquisite lane clear, and she is able to focus down anyone if you build her right, almost like an assassin, but with ranged capabilities. If you have questions about Neith, I made a guide for a reason. Never say Neith is passive or not dominating, because that is utterly false.
Neith - The supreme Goddess of the Egyptian Pantheon, and the mother to all

Feldrawn

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » June 20, 2014 2:25pm | Report
Well neith is absolutely more passive and less dominating than other people late game, and I know extensively about neith - 2nd god I ever mastered.

Obviously if you build her right and land a clutch spirit arrow, that's GG for them. But in many cases she can be absolutely outdueled because her backflip is very predictable and slow, and many people are simply more maneuverable than she is. I'm not doubting her capabilities I'm simply comparing them to other ADC's...any single adc can focus people down when built for it, she just does it less because she has 0 steroids, which makes her an AD caster that can't necessarily pump out the DPS other people do.
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }