Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Toxic Community?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » New Player Help » Toxic Community? 15 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Nathyraa » August 4, 2014 3:39pm | Report
Hey all,

I'm not really all that new. I did beta testing for a while but because of exams I had to quit and only recently started playing again. I've been doing pretty well on my main role and have been really pleased with how enjoyable Smite has been. I actually stopped playing League of Legends basically because despite the game being enjoyable the community is totally toxic; its more rare to see a person legit being helpful as opposed to raging at everyone.

I just had a game where a guy starting flaming. I explained that I just started playing again etc etc and he just goes full toxic mode. I have honestly never experienced something this bad before even in League. He kept messaging me even after AFKing with personal (in both senses) messages. I have to ask, is this normal? I love the game and I'd like to put more time in, but if this is normal I guess MOBAs aren't for me...

Sorry about the tone of the message but I had to let it out.

Cheers,

Nathyraa

Nathyraa

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Firraria » August 4, 2014 4:29pm | Report
It's not normal. I seldom get people harassing me via PM even after a game is over, although it has happened. Just try to be as polite as possible, and you'll get far less people BMing you.
Also, you can always just block toxic players.

Firraria
<Skullcracker>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (58)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by jthamind » August 4, 2014 4:53pm | Report
honestly, it seems like i run into at least one toxic player per day in this game. i'd say i play about 10 games per day on average, divided between different modes, and it just always seems like there's that one person who has to blame everybody else for something, or trash talk their team/teammates, or just complain in general. and even if it's not directed at me, it's still really tiresome. i enjoy playing Smite, but every once in a while i just think "is the community even worth it?" like, i want to get better at conquest (i kinda suck at it), but i barely even play it because i know if i screw up i'll have AT LEAST one other person on my team, sometimes more, giving me all sorts of **** instead of helpful advice or w/e.

but i just try to ignore it and have fun. it's still a super fun game.

jthamind

Notable (2)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Nathyraa » August 4, 2014 5:12pm | Report
Thanks Firraria. You're definitely right that its best to be polite. Probably need to set up a premade group so I don't have to even worry, but it's not the best solution for everyone. Maybe smite should set up a mentoring system? The best online communities I've been a part of really utilize friendly experienced players that help teach newer players what to do.

Nathyraa

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Mekali » August 4, 2014 5:22pm | Report
I had a friend that was okay, but he became toxic because of his ego boosting personality. i deleted him and black mailed me to my other friends.

Seriously mobas are filled with a bunch of try hard nerds playing a ranked que trying to be the next pro wannabes and rage like a ***** when things get ****ed up even if its his/her own fault, while the other good players doing his/her best doing their role while the toxic are flaming.

From all of my gaming experience like, Fallout 3, Left 4 dead, etc. And some free mmo games like A.V.A, spiral knights, etc. Which has good mamnered players. Mobas are the opposite of these games i played.
"The Ravenous Demon Hunter"
"Siganature Made By me"

Mekali

Established (17)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Mekali » August 4, 2014 5:23pm | Report
Just mute the bastards or troll them.
"Siganature Made By me"

Mekali

Established (17)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Mordo » August 5, 2014 4:15am | Report
sometimes it is just easier to try to get a friend or two to play with, it has gotten a lot more toxic since beta, now I just laugh at people who spam like "OMG I ulted in with Thor but you guys were at other end of map... you all bad)

when in doubt ask people here only a few of us are trolls

Mordo

Remarkable (9)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Mekali » August 5, 2014 4:56am | Report
Yh lol true. Since those nerds think were all pros.
"Siganature Made By me"

Mekali

Established (17)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by FerrumSlash » August 5, 2014 6:13am | Report
Mmhm. This is why i usually only play with friends. Solo queueing sucks.

FerrumSlash
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (70)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » August 5, 2014 11:27am | Report
jthamind wrote:

honestly, it seems like i run into at least one toxic player per day in this game.

Call yourself lucky because when I play the game (and I mainly play conquest) I get out of the 10 at least 5 matches with a BM er.

But when I'm with friends is so fun why because we will annoy him really much (especially surrender votes)

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }