Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

To All New Players: Please Provide Any Questions You Have on Anything in Smite

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » New Player Help » To All New Players: Please Provide Any Questions You Have on Anything in Smite 31 posts - page 2 of 4

Poll Question:

Didn't Mean To Make This a Poll
Turnip a cool guy
Turnip is a flaming homosexual
Raventhor's name should officially be changed to RavenRadish
VOTE
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Zaxolol » May 22, 2014 9:38am | Report
Questions:

- What type of damage do minions, towers, jungle monsters etc deal? Physical or magical?
- Difference between flat and percent penetration.
- Tips on surviving when using a god with no escapes.
- How to deal with a team that doesn't communicate.
- Explanation of hit progressions and how to capitalize on it.( for example, building attack speed for Kali is a good idea, but not so much for Fenrir.)

Zaxolol

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Pentargonite » May 22, 2014 10:02am | Report
Zaxolol wrote:

Questions:

- What type of damage do minions, towers, jungle monsters etc deal? Physical or magical?
- Explanation of hit progressions and how to capitalize on it.( for example, building attack speed for Kali is a good idea, but not so much for Fenrir.)

1- Physical
2- Dunno :(
3- Be very careful when going out of tower. Always check the map and use as many wards as possible. Stay behind your teammates
4- Communicate yourself and hope for the best.
5- This is basically knowing if a god is ability or AA based. It's hard to explain, maybe someone else can explain it better.

Yeah sorry for not answering the 2 questions -_-, hope it was helpful though :)

Pentargonite

Distinguished (62)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » May 22, 2014 12:35pm | Report
Zaxolol wrote:

Questions:

Physical

Flat is a number. If you have 15 penetration, they will have 15 less protections. Percent shaves off, so if you have 15% penetration, they have 15% less protections.

Positioning. Positioning is key. If they get on to you, you obviously die, so usually you must keep your CC until you either ensure or a kill or until you need it. Anubis and Artemis are examples of this: if you just run up to the enemies, you WILL die. Easily.

With a team that doesn't communicate, just be the voice. Make the plays. As long as they sort of listen, you can try to organize. If they refuse to even listen, either try to group where THEY are, so you force in teamwork, or if you're built for it, splitpush and make the enemy team make a decision. Honestly, it's hard to give advice for a team that's uncommunicative, because that's basically 90% of the game.

Hit progression just shows the speed and power of each hit in a chain. .5 means it does half damage but half the normal time to do it, that is, double speed. This is specifically good when you build things like Qin's Sais, where faster IS more damage, even if the damage itself is scaled down on the attacks. Also note, some gods have AoE damage on their final attacks, suck as Ne Zha or Osiris.
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Firraria » May 22, 2014 1:18pm | Report
gg
https://www.smitefire.com/smite/guide/the-complete-beginners-guide-to-smite-updated-5-12-14-4724

Firraria
<Skullcracker>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (58)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » May 22, 2014 1:21pm | Report
Well yeah, Firraria, but there's still questions that may not be answered that can be asked here.
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Firraria » May 22, 2014 1:32pm | Report
Yeah, I know, just posting so maybe something that's already been explained won't be asked here.
Also, this thread could definitely give me some new ideas for info to put in my guide. :D

Firraria
<Skullcracker>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (58)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Heartwire » May 23, 2014 5:44am | Report
Is percentage based penetration calculated after or before flat penetration.

As in, Lets say I have 20% penetration, and 20 flat penetration.
Enemy has 100 protection, will it be calculated as 80 minus 20%, or 100 minus 20% and another 20 ontop of that.

Heartwire

Established (16)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Pentargonite » May 23, 2014 9:09am | Report
Heartwire wrote:

Enemy has 100 protection, will it be calculated as 80 minus 20%, or 100 minus 20% and another 20 ontop of that.

I believe I heard PonPonUlala say percentage is calculated last.

Pentargonite

Distinguished (62)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Firraria » May 23, 2014 9:31am | Report
Heartwire wrote:

Fairly certain it's 100 minus 20%, with 20 stacked on.

Firraria
<Skullcracker>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (58)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Wafflebob » May 29, 2014 11:29pm | Report
OK so here's mine.
Item selection. So I'm gathering from the guides here that you want to avoid autobuy. It's a crutch. You can build a decent generic character with it but to truly shine you need to customize your items on the fly to match your role, teammates and especially, enemies.

I've tried this a couple times, and keep getting yelled at for pissing around at base. Telling them what I'm doing doesn't help. I realize that there is a somewhat toxic playerbase and account for that but even my friends ***** about it and tell me to do autobuy. The thing is. I've SEEN the effects of customization. We (my friends and I) played a game where we literally could not fend off GEB. They won because nothing we could do freaking scratched him. It was that GEB actually that got me interested in tanking. I saw him anchoring down his entire freaking team and was like "I can do that". Not so much. I've read guides and they like to give you generic builds you can set up and they help. But I've never managed to match the ridiculous power I've seen some other players wield.

So yeah, this isn't really a specific question more of a "am I missing something?" and any suggestions? Should I tell my friends to go F themselves when they tell me to do autobuy?

Wafflebob

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }