Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Started last week

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » New Player Help » Started last week 4 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by XenithSolace » June 7, 2016 2:12pm | Report
So, a couple questions that I'd like some help with, I'm still not too great at the game XD

First off, how does one assassin? I have only played guardian and mage so far but I'd like some tips before attempting to play an assassin character.

Secondly, Is it possible to set the auto-buy to a custom build? It's interesting that they have all of these builds up but I can't find a way to set up an auto-buy for them.

Third, and don't just say stop playing him, I already have my friend going off on my about how Janus is anus, but I can only seem to get high assists with him so far, any suggestions? My build is up under Machine Gun Janus, focuses on high attack speed and mediocre damage.

Thanks
IGN: XenithSolace (XB1)

XenithSolace

View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by XenithSolace » June 7, 2016 2:17pm | Report
Also, what do all of the chat sayings mean? I'm relatively new to MOBA's and I have no idea what Gank and such means.

XenithSolace

View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » June 7, 2016 2:58pm | Report
Hi Xenith,

Assassins: firstly, are you talking Conquest, or another mode? Secondly, assassins all play quite differently. Loki can vanish and is perfect for surprise attacks. Bastet can jump in, do some damage, and then jump back to safety. Thanatos is perfect to secure kills with his ult. Kali, once committed, will want to stick on her target with basic attacks until they're dead so she can get the benefit from her passive ability. Drastically different kits.

One thing they all have in common is that they need to be played carefully. Timing is an essential thing. They're not the tankiest characters (usually very squishy), and so they're looking to help set up a gank (a bit more on that later) or secure a kill once the enemy is vulnerable. My suggestion here is to start reading guides on individual assassins. Good guides will go in-depth on the gods' abilities, builds, strategies, etc.

Here are some examples to check out:

Auto buy: Yes, when you get in-game, go to the Gods tab. On the left, at the bottom of the tabs is a tab called "God Builder." You can use that to set up a custom build with options in the "recommended" tab in the shop menu in-game. You can have it auto-buy, and you can also choose how to level your abilities and have it auto-level you as well (make sure these options are selected). Unfortunately, I think you can only have one custom build right now.

Janus: You want to build him for high power and penetration, not attack speed. You shouldn't build even one of those attack speed items. Here is an example of a general build encompassing the main items he should use: https://www.smitefire.com/smite/guide/janus-spirit-gun-build-12296

An example mage where you'd build attack speed items is Freya (see my guide): https://www.smitefire.com/smite/guide/freya-pulsing-to-the-beat-s3-9606

Regarding "gank" and other terms, check out the "abbreviations and terms" section in my Conquest guide: https://www.smitefire.com/smite/guide/the-overarching-conquest-guide-s3-12069#chapter11

Also, you'll likely find the following guide to be of some help too, since you're new: https://www.smitefire.com/smite/guide/bugs-beginners-universal-guide-to-smite-9303

Hope this helps!
Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (395)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by XenithSolace » June 7, 2016 3:26pm | Report
Thank you so much, I wasn't expecting so much content! It will help for sure. As for the mode in Assassins, I typically play Joust, as it is a similar format to a game I played before. Thanks again for all your help!

XenithSolace

View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }