Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Ranked Requirements

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » New Player Help » Ranked Requirements 12 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Wayne3100 » September 28, 2015 2:51am | Report
Hey guys,

I know this is probably a question which has been asked more often (and I apologise for bringing it up again), but what are the "minimum" requirements for someone to be ready for ranked? To clarify, I'm not talking about the requirements the game sets, I know a player is required to have at least 16 Gods at mastery level 1. I'm guessing that's not really enough though, right?

I realise I'm nowhere near ready right now (still leveling, don't know all God abilities in the game quite yet), but I figured I'd ask early. Two Gods per role at mastery level 3 or higher, with a few "main picks" being 5+? A minimum of X amount of Conquest wins? Anything else?

Keep in mind that I'm asking from the perspective of a player with previous MOBA experience who doesn't have to learn about certain game mechanics like other new players would.

Thanks to Janitsu for the signature!

Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Prominent (45)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TheZodiacWolf » September 28, 2015 3:04am | Report
Know every role and can play every role. Have 3 gods in each role that you can go positive in. Support gods just need to get assists and focus on objectives. I'd say play around 450 matches before going into ranked. If you play ranked without knowing the Meta very well, you will place gold or below. I have two accounts at Plat 2 from qual matches. ADC and Jungle are the best roles to carry the team towards victory. Hope that helps, cheers.
IGN: Okami Fenrir Guide

TheZodiacWolf

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (23)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Wayne3100 » September 28, 2015 3:12am | Report
450 for someone with MOBA experience? How much would a completely new player have to play? o_o

Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Prominent (45)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Vithaliy » September 28, 2015 4:41am | Report
I was new to MOBA 3 months ago. I've played 200 conquest games + 400 other games (600 games in 90 days... xD), mostly arena and assault for the team fights and I've just started my qualifiers for league last week.
I guess I could have started earlier, but be familiar with the roles, picks, bans and the overall meta takes time and I wanted to be sure I could do great! :D
Xbox One Player

Timezone CET (Paris, Europe)
Playtime From 7pm to 12am
Pref. Roles Support | Jungler

Have a look on my brand new Arachne guide!

Vithaliy

Remarkable (8)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » September 28, 2015 5:00am | Report
I don't agree fully with zodiac. It's more how comfortable do you feel with your own skills. the 2-3 gods a role is a good aim. But the amount of matches is more something (especially for a LoL player) you need to see for yourself. I do think that if you played LoL ranked you can start Smite's ranked a lot sooner because mechanicly the games are pretty much the same.

the amount of mastery lvl is more a don't worry about it as it doesn't say much it's more how comfortable/well do you play it (as I have seen lvl X players on a god that don't know what they are doing at all)

Also Zodiac if someone going to say he reached plat with his qualifiers (after starting them some weeks ago) I'm going to call that person a big liar as some patches ago HR limited it so qualifiers can be placed Gold 1 at best.

Greenevers wrote:

How high can I be placed after my Qualifying Games?

The highest players can be placed after Qualifying games is Gold I.

(This is a recent change that will take effect as of the Xing Tian Patch for PC. Xbox players can expect to receive this change when they receive Xing Tian.)

see the news tab and then Matchmaking FAQ

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Greenevers » September 28, 2015 5:37am | Report
Yeah, Devampi's got it. Okami did his qualifiers before that was implemented. I suggest that you do your quals after mastering 3 gods (Top picks/bans) in each role, get the gist of the meta, and 150 games +. It's really up to you. I know someone who took only 50 games to get the hang of conquest without any prior gameplay of a moba or smite.

Whenever you feel like you're ready, go for it! Just know that the grind to plat, diamond, masters is a long one if you don't get there fast enough.

Greenevers
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Wayne3100 » September 28, 2015 6:02am | Report
Greenevers wrote:
Just know that the grind to plat, diamond, masters is a long one if you don't get there fast enough.

Not much unlike League then :P (see the profile of the account I play ranked on, and in particular the amazing progress made since June 26 which is displayed when expanding the chart on the bottom right).

I'll work on learning a second support, two Hunters and another jungle for now then, thanks guys :)

Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Prominent (45)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TheZodiacWolf » September 28, 2015 6:30am | Report
Proof in Leagues Tab
Got my 3rd account to plat 3. A month ago from quals, though I guess that to was before Xing.

TheZodiacWolf

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (23)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » September 28, 2015 6:38am | Report

Proof in Leagues Tab
Got my 3rd account to plat 3. A month ago from quals, though I guess that to was before Xing.

yes according to the link your match was 4 weeks ago so somewhere in august. the xian tian patch hitted PC on the 1st of September. So yeah.

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TheZodiacWolf » September 28, 2015 6:41am | Report
Glad they did that, helps the higher elo players out.

TheZodiacWolf

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (23)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }