Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

New Item Builder is confusing me.

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » New Player Help » New Item Builder is confusing me. 13 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Thanatos103 » June 13, 2014 9:02am | Report
As you all most likely noticed. The item builder is now underneath the god you selected in the Gods tab. How do you use this builder in conjunction with Auto Level items and auto level skills. I can no longer set a specific order form my abilities to level up, or an item build order. I tick the check boxes for the build I want after filling in every box with random stuff. I save it, but the items are unchecked and it uses the standard build in game. Is this a bug?

Thanatos103

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Jordenito » June 13, 2014 9:33am | Report
I just recommend not using auto buy. You never know what teams / which gods you are going to face and there is never a one build that you should 100% follow without any exceptions. Just drop auto buy, trust me.

My Guides

If you want me to review your guide, or need help and tips, make sure to P.M me. I'll be happy to do so.

Jordenito
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (66)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Thanatos103 » June 13, 2014 9:41am | Report
I use it to get only my beginning items, which gives me more time to look what the other team and mine is doing. I then disable it, but even that fails. I also wanted to use custom to make it easier to get my favourite items for Thanatos.

Thanatos103

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BestMinionEver » June 13, 2014 10:14am | Report
You can not use it as auto buy anymore unfortunately :P

BUT you can add more than 6 items now, so you can kind of favorite your items for every god. So like you can add all the items you would ever consider on a god in the builder and then you never have to use the other tabs.

Haven't tested it out with skills etc myself though, so not sure how that works now :P
IGN: Marki

Jungle & Support main.

Casually tryharding ranked now and again.

Make fun of my bad plays on Twitch ;)
Is only pixels, why you haf to be mad?

BestMinionEver
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (69)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Thanatos103 » June 13, 2014 10:42am | Report
I just need someone to explain how it works to me.

Thanatos103

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by AJFAHRES » June 13, 2014 11:39am | Report
What Minion said before is true. The days of walking into your fountain and items automatically are gone, or at least temporarily gone. The items that you check will show up as your favorites. You can see them all on one page to make buying easier, but you still have to open up the store and purchase them.

AJFAHRES

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BestMinionEver » June 13, 2014 11:58am | Report
Okey here is what you do:

Like it says "starter" "core" "power" "defense" "actives" etc in the builder.

You do not have to have power items in power and defense items in defense. No idea why they made it like that....

You just pick the items you want and put them in that slot you want :P

I did that with the "custom" drop down thingy.

And then when you start the game, and press "I" (I think that's the default keybinding for the shop) and you get up all the items you chose in the builder. And then making it easier to find the items you use for that god.

Hope that clarifies it a bit for you ;)

Jungle & Support main.

BestMinionEver
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (69)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Thanatos103 » June 13, 2014 12:00pm | Report
I just had a game as Thanatos and discovered all the stuff you told me. So thanks a lot.

Thanatos103

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BestMinionEver » June 13, 2014 12:05pm | Report
Awesome!

I'm actually really hyped about this because just the 2-3 seconds you can trim down from your shopping time can make a huge difference. Hopefully they will keep working on it, maybe adding it so that you can have the starter tab as auto buy and stuff like that :P

EDIT:
It is buggy as **** though xD
This is either my AMC custom or my Anhur custom, it is sure as hel not my Freya custom :P

Jungle & Support main.

BestMinionEver
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (69)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » June 13, 2014 1:03pm | Report

Awesome!

I'm actually really hyped about this because just the 2-3 seconds you can trim down from your shopping time can make a huge difference. Hopefully they will keep working on it, maybe adding it so that you can have the starter tab as auto buy and stuff like that :P

EDIT:
It is buggy as **** though xD
This is either my AMC custom or my Anhur custom, it is sure as hel not my Freya custom :P

Dat defense tab XD titan bane brawlers beat stick LOL

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }