Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

I need help with Anubis

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » New Player Help » I need help with Anubis 10 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Kumkwat » June 12, 2020 11:52am | Report
Hello!

So, lately I wanted to play and try to main Anubis, because he's cool. Since the first game I played with him (in arena mode), I fell in love with his kit, moves, everything! BUT, I suck. Really bad. It's the first god with which I really clicked and said ''I want to play and masyer this one''. And failing almost every time makes me feel so bad, but I still don't want to give up.
I watched videos and guides so builds and combos speaking I'm good. But everytime there's either a Sobek, Hercule or Da Ji who use a competence and bring me in the middle of the enemy team where they kill me in a second. And even if there's none of these gods I keep dying and I don't exactly why so I can't improve it. I think it's because I don't know where to be, to place myself not to die. So if any of you could give me advices regarding placement or anything else that could help me improve and die less, I'll gladly take them!

Thank you very much for reading, have a nice day!

Kumkwat

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Kriega1 » June 12, 2020 11:53am | Report
Against Sobek / Hercules you just have to learn to position properly in the backline, against Da Ji you might have to opt for Magi's Cloak for her ult or Relic Dagger so your beads is up more often.

Do remember though that your ult gives CC immunity which can be used to prevent Da Ji's ult pull. Use it for self peel if you have to.

Kriega1

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (143)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Kumkwat » June 12, 2020 11:55am | Report
Okay thank you, I'll keep that in mind!

Kumkwat

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » June 12, 2020 12:01pm | Report
Yeah, positioning is probably the most important thing. The offensive part of your mind is probably saying "I can blow anyone up," but with no mobility (leap, dash, etc.), you're extremely vulnerable.

So when you have high-threat enemies that can really mess you up, you HAVE to stay behind others and wait for opportunities. And it's not even just staying behind others, it's watching your spacing in relation to the enemy, knowing how far back you need to be at that moment to not be in any specific trouble. You don't want to play scared either, because then you take yourself out of any potential fight.
Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (394)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Kumkwat » June 12, 2020 12:04pm | Report
Ahh that's really helpful thanks! I was kinda scared that by staying behind too often my teammates would think that I'd be passive throughout the whole game or something, but your reply helped me to see that it's silly ahah

Kumkwat

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » June 12, 2020 1:01pm | Report
Your teammates will probably care more if you die a ton.

As you're learning, you'll need to find that knowledge and balance of when you can be more aggressive, and when you need to hang back. It will also change during the match...and a lot of times, it's a psychological thing. If you/your team scare the enemy early, it might force them to play scared the rest of the match...and vice versa, of course.

When you die, try to figure out why you died...was it your spacing? Did you realize your teammates weren't around while you stayed out? That will also help you learn to judge where you should be.
Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (394)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » June 13, 2020 6:54am | Report
A tip against herc and sobek, in most cases it will be obvious when they are looking for a pull making it easier to predict once you are aware of the range. Also in some cases to dodge herc pull if he is close whiel you're running the only way to dodge it is by walking towards him slightly so you are not at the end of the ability. The drawback is that he can then dash on you, however he can't dash you into his team like he normally does when he hits the pull.

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Kriega1 » June 13, 2020 7:03am | Report
Devampi wrote:

A tip against herc and sobek, in most cases it will be obvious when they are looking for a pull making it easier to predict once you are aware of the range. Also in some cases to dodge herc pull if he is close whiel you're running the only way to dodge it is by walking towards him slightly so you are not at the end of the ability. The drawback is that he can then dash on you, however he can't dash you into his team like he normally does when he hits the pull.

A Herc can also do this:

But I highly doubt your typical arena player will do it on Herc.

Also unrelated note: why does my profile say I have a award for a Cabrakan guide?

Kriega1

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (143)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Kumkwat » June 13, 2020 8:35am | Report
Thanks for the tips!!

Kumkwat

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » June 13, 2020 9:35am | Report
True they could however in all honesty I don;t think most casual herc players do that stuff. in that case I expect them to blink in to hit the 2

Also no clue kriega, probably a mistake from one of the admins

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }