Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

How to report players

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » New Player Help » How to report players 24 posts - page 2 of 3
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by MayorOfCanTown » April 20, 2013 12:47am | Report
I had a very similar problem just a little while ago.

I was playing Apollo in conquest and I asked to take left lane, our Hades was asked to come help me. The opposition on left was Cupid and Loki. Things went alright for a little while but I had gotten distracted with cupid and Loki got behind me and finished me. I returned to left and helped sustain for a while until level 5 or so and I get hit by Cupids ult as well as Loki's ult, I died obviously and Hades was PISSED. It was my third death already at level 6 and Hades was already calling out to report me as a feeder. I mentioned that I was hit by both ults while Hades was taking out a camp but he didn't care at all. I received minimal support from Hades and was constantly being beat down by Loki over and over and Hades got angrier and angrier while he sat in between left and mid.

Eventually, Hades started calling the entire team noobs and proceeded to insult the mothers of the rest of the team, everyone tried to ignore him and when Freya said he was doing poorly himself with 1/4/2 mid game he flipped out and said "fck ur mther" (exact words). From that point everyone did their best to ignore him but at one point Hades ulted and a shot Neith intended to kill cupid missed and got a kill steal on Xbalanque, Hades LOST it. Many insults and "report (Neith/Freya/Poseidon/Apollo)" came through and eventually Freya and I had enough and we told him to stop his *****ing and help us. Hades, being the stubborn biggot he is refused to help the team further and began intentionally feeding the other team also stating the entire rest of the team should commit suicide because "nbdy luvs u".

After the game ended, (My worst ever due to being killed by Loki so many times, 3/10/4)Hades stated that he had reported Freya and I for "bcting" and "feeded", he said that we were as good as banned, Freya had also just reported Hades for "trolling" since thats what he was doing. Hades let lose a wave of profanity and insults to our mothers in the lobby chat and left. I had to apologize for his behavior before being able to say gg.

Now I can't even report him. I wrote down his screen name for reference if I found a way.

This Hades has been the first person I've seen ever get this angry in the week I've played Smite while everyone else I met was pleasant and kind, I just wish that Hi-Rez would try to discourage this behavior in the community.

MayorOfCanTown

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TheAmazingComicBookGuy » April 20, 2013 1:14am | Report
^ I am sorry that that happened to you, these are the worst kind of people. Just that you know you have a mute option so you can tell your team and mute him yourself if this ever happens again(I hope not) Have fun playing Smite :)

TheAmazingComicBookGuy

Prominent (47)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » April 29, 2013 3:12am | Report
I played a match where this one guy said, report our ares.
i said WHY? My other team member also said WHAT FOR?

I thought the guy was mad they lost so he wanted us to report ares because he went negative.

The guy said, report him because he harassed me

I then replied and said "I don't report players over words"
he then whined blah blah blah

I said if he did not feed then I'm not reporting.

Maybe I am just the type of person that thinks if you can't get past the fact you are playing ONLINE with people sitting behind a computer and if you are so dumb as to take a word serious then why should I report them? You have a mute button go use it!

Yes its unmature I guess for people to say bad things but its also unmature to complain about it like you are a 5 year old with no brain or like someone who is offended.

I personally refuse to report over a word, if it does not effect your game especailly when you have a mute button, I suggest people need to stop getting butt hurt over words, ignore, use mute, and quit whining or talk **** back.

For gods sake! You are playing on a video game with real people behind a computer do you expect them all to talk proper? Thank god smite does not have a chatting system with microphones because alot of smite players would cry if they herd the real life things people will tell you over the mic :)

I'm MR. Don't Give a Bleep so I find getting butt hurt over a word silly.

Unless it effects you, or there is no way to stop it, in this case there is, HINT MUTE BUTTON.

ICEN

Prominent (41)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by swaras » September 6, 2013 7:38am | Report
Hello, wanna report 3 players that had left game after games stared (around 5mins). (2013.09.06)
Names:
1)TheMalavalence
2)Fisherpadoozle
3)PutThatInYaPipe

Hope they get same penality for wasting my time....

swaras

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by KrispyKritter » September 27, 2013 3:05pm | Report
You'd love me then, Raze. I totally suck, but I fight to the death, and the next death, and the next death. I won't even surrender!

When I have seen people threaten to report someone, it is mostly over being a "feeder." If you were someone who repeated tried to throw games, it would be something to complain about. But as a noob and someone who actually sucks, I will defend every noob's god-given right to suck.

Again, I say there should be 3 queues, one for novice to intermediate players, one for intermidate to expert players, and one for expert players only. If you are in the first queue, then you can expect that some players there are novices and quite honestly and legitimately will suck, so you won't get butthurt if they die a lot.

KrispyKritter

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by blinkicide » September 27, 2013 3:55pm | Report
I'm tightening who I report a little. I see they hand out bans, 1st offense = 3 days, for things like leaving games, AFKing, feeding, etc. So I try to make less assumptions that someone is a rage quitter, unless they were obviously raging before quitting, etc..

I have reported a few players for intentional feeding, who might have just been absolutely terrible at the game (e.g. 0/17 in arena, usually playing fenrir or odin). Mixed feelings, because they obviously could have avoided so much feeding just working with the group, but chose not too even when I asked...

blinkicide

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Ob15 » October 21, 2013 7:27am | Report
I have not reported anyone before today made it all the way to lvl 30 without reporting anyone. Played with several "feeders" I always assume they just suck. Do not even bother saying anything to them, imo if you do not see someone sucking its probably you. Today I played with a Ymir who must have woken up on the wrong side of the bed being a jerk to everyone telling us he is reporting everyone because we all suck. Which is fine but this idiot started walling us out and in of the Arena spawn for the rest of the match. I was ready to report my first player and Smite glitched I couldn't do anything after the match ended. On a lesser note please do not report the ****py players they are fun to have around even if they are on your team sometimes.

Ob15

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Talenhiem » October 21, 2013 8:30am | Report
Ob15 wrote:

I have not reported anyone before today made it all the way to lvl 30 without reporting anyone. Played with several "feeders" I always assume they just suck. Do not even bother saying anything to them, imo if you do not see someone sucking its probably you. Today I played with a Ymir who must have woken up on the wrong side of the bed being a jerk to everyone telling us he is reporting everyone because we all suck. Which is fine but this idiot started walling us out and in of the Arena spawn for the rest of the match. I was ready to report my first player and Smite glitched I couldn't do anything after the match ended. On a lesser note please do not report the ****py players they are fun to have around even if they are on your team sometimes.

Necro...

Talenhiem

Prominent (33)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by PaleWitch » August 14, 2015 10:46am | Report
I agree with player ICEN, that report system is much abused. My own experience was when a guy flamed at me for bad playing, he told other team members to report me, despite that I had kills and helped the team as musch as I could. Yes I am kinda noob, but playing is the only way to improve, no one was born a pro..Still, you'll get reported from what seems to be unstable people. To be polite is as easy as to be mean, so why not insted of hatred give some advice or encourage team mate?..After this I just lost interest to play, games suposed to be fun, not bashing like that.
And yet.. Still I like this game and after some time of rehabilitation it's again in my pc, waiting to be played. But there is some hesitation, I dont want to face those bad emotions again. So there was a thought to form a gruop of friendly players to play the game with or something.. ( If someone likes the idea, write :D)
And about these reports.. I think there should be some limits of them per day, maybe then people would save their voises for more serious situations.
Thanks. And sorry for mistakes if I made some :>

PaleWitch

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » August 14, 2015 12:08pm | Report
PaleWitch wrote:

I agree with player ICEN, that report system is much abused. My own experience was when a guy flamed at me for bad playing, he told other team members to report me, despite that I had kills and helped the team as musch as I could. Yes I am kinda noob, but playing is the only way to improve, no one was born a pro..Still, you'll get reported from what seems to be unstable people. To be polite is as easy as to be mean, so why not insted of hatred give some advice or encourage team mate?..After this I just lost interest to play, games suposed to be fun, not bashing like that.
And yet.. Still I like this game and after some time of rehabilitation it's again in my pc, waiting to be played. But there is some hesitation, I dont want to face those bad emotions again. So there was a thought to form a gruop of friendly players to play the game with or something.. ( If someone likes the idea, write :D)
And about these reports.. I think there should be some limits of them per day, maybe then people would save their voises for more serious situations.
Thanks. And sorry for mistakes if I made some :>

1st of necro.

2nd of I really recommend the mute button on those salty players (or those elo hell worshippers)
Don't care about things they are saying as they normally also make mistakes themself. and they drain the fun out of your game so just mute them. (do tell them you muted them so the team knows you did.)

3rd of Smite should make an outlet report button (like LoL has with the unskilled player option) or limited reports with good ones giving you more reports a day and bad ones less (like dota has)

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }