Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

How to report players

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » New Player Help » How to report players 24 posts - page 1 of 3
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Brewwman » April 4, 2013 2:24am | Report
Well i just started the game tonight and as i played my first game.... i did terrible lol. I was trying to do good but its a hard game to adjust to from LoL and Dota2. well one guy on our team was doing really good and we ended up losing anyway. well at the end of the game she told everyone to report me because i supposedly admitted to feeding on purpose. this person then began spamming me with messages about how i was beat by a girl and how noob i was. She kinda ruined my hopes for a good community and i would like to report her for text abuse and stuf. can someone tell me how to report?

Brewwman

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Animusliberus » April 6, 2013 12:07am | Report
hmmm idk, as far as I know you can only report people in the post game lobby...

just block that account otherwise.

and don't worry, as you said you're new (so welcome :D) and in the novice queue right now is full of LOL kiddies, they all leave before lvl 15 XD
if you need anything just PM or ask me when I'm streaming here

Animusliberus
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Esteemed (93)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Brewwman » April 6, 2013 1:15pm | Report

Brewwman

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » April 6, 2013 3:28pm | Report
People who report piss me off really bad. I always have people reporting me or at least they say they are going to. I was playing ares today who I rarely play with, At the begging of the match I got freaking ****ped on because I was going against sun wukong and someone else who I forgot.

Being I was ares I was pretty slow, couldn't out run sun wokong when I need to escape early game and early game I can't really kill **** with ares until I start buying items for his passive and level up more.

Well basically I was getting owned for a few kills. My teammate then automatically said I'm reporting you for feeding, then tried to get my whole team to report me. Basically then this happened, near mid to late game I started pwning everyone with ares laching chains, ults ect on them. By the end of the game I think I might have went negitive BUT ONLY BY LIKE 1 KILL.

The **** still said to report me even though I was helping the team out so much. Ya I went negitive but all my ULTS, chains, ect and me taking damage for my teammates is what even let them take the kills and win.

Smite LITERALLY has the MOST ******ED and I do mean strait up 110% FULL BLOWN ****** reporting system ever.

They actually encourage or allow you to report someone because they fed the other team? WHAT!!! THat is pretty much saying IF YOU GO DIE MORE THAN YOU KILL then you can get reported as a feeder? Imagine if that ******ed **** was on console games like call of duty, gears of war, halo, kill zone, ect.

YES! If you die or get out played you will get reported as a FEEDER! Seriously what does HIREZ mean as feeders? Because I'm 100% sure smite players are abusing the hell out of that feed report system. How can you get BANNED just because you died in the video game seriously?

I could see if feeding ment PURPOSELY dying and not trying, but I have a feeling feeding basically means "If you get butthurt that your teammate didn't do good or go positive you can report them to try to ban them"

Seriously take it off its ******ed. The whole point is to make THE OTHER TEAM DIE, you mean to tell me they get reported just because you kill themalot LOL!!!!!!

I usually go never go negative but whenever I finally do I always get some **** trying to report me just because GETTING OUT PLAYED IN SMITE MEANS "REPORT HIS A FEEDER!"

ICEN

Prominent (41)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Sunfall » April 6, 2013 5:36pm | Report
ICEN wrote:

People who report piss me off really bad. I always have people reporting me or at least they say they are going to. I was playing ares today who I rarely play with, At the begging of the match I got freaking ****ped on because I was going against sun wukong and someone else who I forgot.

By the sounds of it, you just got angry players who don't understand the concept of "It's just a game". Don't forget, you can ignore these people if they start to get on your nerves, and report them later for verbal harassment. Yes, it is against the rules to abuse players verbally, and you should be reporting the douchebags for it.

ICEN wrote:
Being I was ares I was pretty slow, couldn't out run sun wokong when I need to escape early game and early game I can't really kill **** with ares until I start buying items for his passive and level up more.

I'm not going to say how you should play Ares, but most players agree that his passive kind of sucks, given that there are only three aura items you should really consider on Ares, those being Sovereignty, Void Stone, and Mystical Mark.

ICEN wrote:
Well basically I was getting owned for a few kills. My teammate then automatically said I'm reporting you for feeding, then tried to get my whole team to report me. Basically then this happened, near mid to late game I started pwning everyone with ares laching chains, ults ect on them. By the end of the game I think I might have went negitive BUT ONLY BY LIKE 1 KILL.

The **** still said to report me even though I was helping the team out so much. Ya I went negitive but all my ULTS, chains, ect and me taking damage for my teammates is what even let them take the kills and win.

Again, you've just got douchebags on your team, and they don't understand the concept of a justified sacrifice. I always look at it like this: if me staying in the fight to the point where I'm dead allows the rest of my team to pick up kills, then my death was worth it, and nobody should be complaining, unless I was the carry that just died.

ICEN wrote:
Smite LITERALLY has the MOST ******ED and I do mean strait up 110% FULL BLOWN ****** reporting system ever.

They actually encourage or allow you to report someone because they fed the other team? WHAT!!! THat is pretty much saying IF YOU GO DIE MORE THAN YOU KILL then you can get reported as a feeder? Imagine if that ******ed **** was on console games like call of duty, gears of war, halo, kill zone, ect.

LoL and DotA have much worse reporting systems, on top of much more vicious communities. LoL in particular has a few things to stand it out among the rest. One is the ability to report a player just for being unskilled! While this doesn't result in any bans, it does push the player much further down the skill brackets, and it is part of the reason why ELO hell exists. Lose a game for a single mistake, and you can expect to lose much more ELO than you anticipated.

LoL also has the Tribunal system... where players--yes, PLAYERS--can take part in looking at match histories with reported players, and decide for themselves whether the player in question should be punished or not. If you find yourself being put on trial here, you better pray you didn't leave more incriminating evidence in your chat log that could be used against you!

ICEN wrote:
YES! If you die or get out played you will get reported as a FEEDER! Seriously what does HIREZ mean as feeders? Because I'm 100% sure smite players are abusing the hell out of that feed report system. How can you get BANNED just because you died in the video game seriously?

I could see if feeding ment PURPOSELY dying and not trying, but I have a feeling feeding basically means "If you get butthurt that your teammate didn't do good or go positive you can report them to try to ban them"

You should only be punished for intentional feeding (this would mean purposely running under towers or into the opponent's zone just to feed your enemies kills). If you are just dying a lot either as a result of being outplayed or unskilled, there is no reason for you to be punished.

I'll have you know I've played seeral matches where I've gone very negative in K/D/A, sometimes with zero kills on top of it. And people have gotten pissed off at me too for those games. I have not, however, been banned because of them.

ICEN wrote:
Seriously take it off its ******ed. The whole point is to make THE OTHER TEAM DIE, you mean to tell me they get reported just because you kill themalot LOL!!!!!!

I usually go never go negative but whenever I finally do I always get some **** trying to report me just because GETTING OUT PLAYED IN SMITE MEANS "REPORT HIS A FEEDER!"

Overall, I think you're blowing this whole thing out of context. Yes, people will threaten to report you, but it is almost always because they are angry. They know the odds of you actually getting banned are probably one in a freakin' million, but their conceited rage tells them you should still be reported because it wasn't their fault they lost, it had to have been the guy with the worst K/D ratio!

To sum it up, you're looking at a rage problem ICEN, not a reporting problem. Learn what to do about the rage, and you will have a much more enjoyable game.
Waiting on a good new MOBA, please.

Sunfall
<Veteran>

Prominent (29)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » April 7, 2013 5:50pm | Report
I played a game today lol, We won the game but this is how funny it was.
First apollo was crying to surrender even though we had tied towers, in the end we won so my team rubbed it in his face for wanting to quit.

But the best part was when apollo said "report the others team anubis" Right as I typed why? My teammate typed 'You can't report someone because they are good at the game'
I then looked and seen anubis was owning. Funny thing is he was owning apollo.
He kept talking about reporting anubis so I just said "you should be the one reported"
then he shut up.

Got to love people.

Why is smite so full of reporters compared to other games? I play gears of war, halo, call of duty, and every game under the sun that I enjoy, nobody rarely screams REPORT REPORT!!!
Something is wrong with smite because people report every match, I just wonder what it is about smite that encourages people to say REPORT over every little thing

ICEN

Prominent (41)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Animusliberus » April 8, 2013 2:55am | Report
its not smite
its in every moba that this happens :p

mobas = reports after game :D
if you need anything just PM or ask me when I'm streaming here

Animusliberus
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Esteemed (93)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ElGrizz » April 8, 2013 5:59am | Report

mobas = reports after game :D

Pretty much true, which is why most games with a report system do nothing about it except for the extreme cases. The report system is just there to make d'bags feel good about themselves.

Add me to Smite! IGN: ElGrizz

Hit that +Rep, I can tell you want to...

A Fetus?! Mother of God!

ElGrizz

Prominent (28)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by RazeMage » April 8, 2013 9:03am | Report
Being bad at playing game shouldn't be reported. If you or your teammate is not really good you should aid them. I like anyone that keep playing even if they are bad than the one that leave the game

RazeMage
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (58)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by MechaBowser » April 15, 2013 3:59am | Report
First of all, if you feel pressure to get kills as Ares, your teammates probably don't understand basic support fundamentals. In fact, I'd be more unhappy with an ares with all the kills in our lane than none. Ares is a support tank; granted, a support tank that has some pretty awesome damage output, but still a tank. Every ability, with the exception of his 3 (and because this is a percentage of health damage ability, it's really meant to zone tanks, and therefore still a support ability) is designed to either set your lane mate up for kills or buff them. A support with a 4/4/5 record is worse than a support with a 1/2/19 record.

Second, I don't think I've ever heard of someone being banned for a reason that wasn't their fault. Intentional feeding alone is going to be difficult for a reviewer to determine, especially since all they see is the text history from the game. Otherwise, don't worry about reports. As long as you keep your composure and don't say anything offensive in the chat, very little will probably happen to you. And the report system works two ways; while, as I've said, I've never heard of a ban for lack of ability, I have seen multiple bans, several on the same player, for harassment. Instead of blaming the report system for things that haven't happened to you, utilize it to try to teach negative players a lesson about etiquette.

MechaBowser

Notable (1)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }