Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Help me chose a role

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » New Player Help » Help me chose a role 11 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by saides » November 21, 2013 6:48am | Report
Hi.
I have played smite now for a while and im lvl 25 and starting to wondering which role i think is the most fun so i would like to hear from all of you which role you play and why its so fun to play just that :)

saides

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BestMinionEver » November 21, 2013 7:00am | Report
Jungle!
Because you can **** ppl up by stealing all their stuff :P

That is not all ofc. It is a role where you have a TON of different options and you learn stuff like every day you play (not like Hunter where all you have to practice is positioning and hitting skill shots. Kappa).

There is a insane amount of theorycrafting that can be done, routs, ganking, builds etc etc.

When you get good you can carry games so so hard! Like you shouldn't even believe it, your shoulders gets so buff.

The only downside is ppl flaming because they think it is the junglers job to win their lanes, but when you get good you can win heir lanes so who cares :P [VEW] [VVGN] [VEG] [VVY]
IGN: Marki

Jungle & Support main.

Casually tryharding ranked now and again.

Make fun of my bad plays on Twitch ;)
Is only pixels, why you haf to be mad?

BestMinionEver
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (69)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by saides » November 21, 2013 7:15am | Report

Jungle!
Because you can **** ppl up by stealing all their stuff :P

That is not all ofc. It is a role where you have a TON of different options and you learn stuff like every day you play (not like Hunter where all you have to practice is positioning and hitting skill shots. Kappa).

There is a insane amount of theorycrafting that can be done, routs, ganking, builds etc etc.

When you get good you can carry games so so hard! Like you shouldn't even believe it, your shoulders gets so buff.

The only downside is ppl flaming because they think it is the junglers job to win their lanes, but when you get good you can win heir lanes so who cares :P [VEW] [VVGN] [VEG] [VVY]

Thanks.
do you recommend any special god to jungle with?

saides

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Talenhiem » November 21, 2013 7:30am | Report
saides wrote:

Thanks.

The current jungling triumvirate is Ne Zha, Fenrir, and Thor, with He Bo and Freya being next. I know you have Thor, so maybe start with him. HINT: build for his abilities, not his basic attacks.

Personally, I like the solo lane, no idea why. I usually get low kills and deaths, and a moderate amount of assists, yet still find satisfaction in helping my team. The most forgiving one atm is Ra, and he has a high skill ceiling, though not as high as Eset or Hel.

Talenhiem

Prominent (33)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BestMinionEver » November 21, 2013 7:39am | Report
saides wrote:

IMO the easiest god would be Fenrir or Mercury, but Ne Zha is pretty easy as well (when you get good at hitting Armillary Sash).

Take a look at my Ne Zha guide, got some info about how to jungle when you're new to it as well in there ;)
IGN: Marki

Jungle & Support main.

Casually tryharding ranked now and again.

Make fun of my bad plays on Twitch ;)
Is only pixels, why you haf to be mad?

BestMinionEver
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (69)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by FaTaLiTyFiReFly » December 9, 2013 9:53pm | Report
I myself love combo's...
Lots and lots of combos

And synergy.

I see myself as a situational picker though :S
When we have ares in arena but no AOE I go mage with good ulti on AOE.
When we have no tank, I go tank.
When we have no adc, I go support... (jk)

After playing LoL , Dota/2, HoN , ...and so on. I have found that I don't tend to go for a simple role,I haven't ever played over 20 games with A hero/god/champion but I have played a few with ALL of them.

Hope that helped somehow?

~Firefly --X-0
why does wukong look so much different now?

FaTaLiTyFiReFly

Prominent (25)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » December 9, 2013 10:06pm | Report
If you're looking for fun jungle is the most fun. The gods are designed around juking, being fast, and outplaying opponents, since their goal is to gank successfully for a kill. Gods that are annoying to face, but fun to play, are Ne Zha, Loki, and Mercury.

Gods outside the jungle that are fun are Chronos (ranged version of mercury, basically), Sun Wukong (outplays for days), and Xbalanque (that jump is so trollsy)
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » December 10, 2013 12:15am | Report
Cancel that. Jungling is extremely stressful, not only because screwing up will cause half the team to blame you for a loss, but you have to be everywhere at once.

I mean, I have awesome matches where everyone is competent and I don't need to be Athena to go everywhere, but that's usually in ranked, where I'm threatened with a report for picking meta-breaking junglers, and if I fail, I'll get reported. So still stressful.

...the last part may not apply to you.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » December 10, 2013 12:54am | Report
Jungling is either stressful or the most fun in the world, it depends on your outlook on things. Simply put, the most fun gods are the ones that are in the jungle.

However, you can circumvent this by playing arena. Learn how a god works in combat with other gods, and enjoy them. When you get good, go into Conquest and have fun being VERY good in the jungle. Otherwise, have fun playing the god in combat-based modes over objective modes.

Additionally, no matter what you do, you're going to have a problem with people complaining. But a jungler is the only role that can single handedly win a game for a team, with the exception of HIGHLY mobile mids. They are the only ones who can snowball every lane. You are important, you are good, and you are fun.

Plus, you can't *really* be countered, since every engagement is an advantage of 3-2 or 2-1, and counterjungling is hard to do effectively in Smite, so you don't have to worry about sitting in a lost lane an entire match with no-way to bounce back.

Also, since he's asking for a role, I'm assuming we're staying within the meta. That may be incorrect, but asking for a role would pretty much go hand in hand with conventional picks until he's very comfortable with it.

And again, I listed some other fun people anyway. I *highly* support Chronos solo lane or short lane. He's SO much fun to LITERALLY run circles around the enemy with.
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » December 10, 2013 12:57am | Report
Chang'e is fun too. Her skill floor is pretty low, but you will laugh as you learn to avoid enemy ultimates.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }